Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

THAT is the type of attitude I run into at my ST. Like they want to challenge you on everything. Like it is coming out of THEIR pockets (the cashier's) The attitude seems to get worse everytime I go in there. I think the whole Choxie deal might of been the turning point. Every time I go in there, the "coupon rules" seem to change. One time it is "only 5 internet coupons per order" Next time, only 1 of ANY type of coupon per item, then 5 total coupons per order. I can't keep track of their ever changing rules!!! I leave frustrated and mad nearly every time. AND, I am not one who abuses the system. I never got 30+ free Choxies or anything!

I used to LOVE Target, now, I go in there ready to do battle. It is exhausting. They make me feel like a criminal sometimes.:( My husband won't even go there with me, anymore. He gets embarrased when I stand up for my rights.

What store in Iowa do you shop in???

:g_zzz: :g_zzz: I Found Yesterday At Spring Hill Fl Store:

Toddler Circo Shorts For 1.9x

Coloring Books At The Dollar Spot For.25

Easter Stuff, They Had Hardly Anything Left Except Maybe 100 Baskets..

Not Much At My Store Thats Good Clearance

THAT is the type of attitude I run into at my ST. Like they want to challenge you on everything. Like it is coming out of THEIR pockets (the cashier's)

It is actually coming out of everybody's pocket including the cashiers. If Target loses money, prices go up in some manner and anyone who shops at Target pays more.

It is actually coming out of everybody's pocket including the cashiers. If Target loses money, prices go up in some manner and anyone who shops at Target pays more.

Target would not have the coupons if they were loosing money. I go in and use about 8 coupons, but I also spend about 100 dollars. I go to Target for the coupons, otherwise I would go somewhere different. A lot of stores have "loss leaders". If Target were loosing money there would not be any coupons to print.:yup:

Target would not have the coupons if they were loosing money. I go in and use about 8 coupons, but I also spend about 100 dollars. I go to Target for the coupons, otherwise I would go somewhere different. A lot of stores have "loss leaders". If Target were loosing money there would not be any coupons to print.:yup:

I agree. I only shop at Target because of the coupons. I can't remember the last time I actually was at a Wal-Mart to do my grocery shopping. They gained a regular customer now because of their coupons.

Not much at Target today. Although I didn't get to go to the 1 I normally go to which has way better deals. I got the Cars mack truck thing for 11.18. It rang up as 15.xx but it still had the clearance sticker so she gave it to me for that price. I wonder why it only got to 30% off then went back to the original price? :confused:

Not much at Target today. Although I didn't get to go to the 1 I normally go to which has way better deals. I got the Cars mack truck thing for 11.18. It rang up as 15.xx but it still had the clearance sticker so she gave it to me for that price. I wonder why it only got to 30% off then went back to the original price? :confused:

The original price was $14.99, so it is really weird. They actually increased the price. At one store, they still have the $9.99 regular price sign over the 3 packs of the Thomas toys that are on sale supposedly at 30% off $12.99. Again, they raised the price before marking them clearance. Hope this isn't going to be a trend.

I also think it is kind of silly to really believe that coupon users would make much of a ripple in the financial results of Target. There are so many people who shop that store besides the few of us chatting on this board. Thousands and thousands of people go into Target stores every day, never pay attention to what is on sale, never use a coupon and probably way overpay. That is Target's key demographic... completely opposite of Walmart. Target wants the upper/middle class folks with lots of disposable income to spend. Most if the time (not all) those are the people who couldn't care less about coupons. Target isn't the low cost store and they know that.

Found all those story readers and software marked to 75% today at Super Target if anyone's been watching those. $8.xx for the reader and $3.xx for the software, I believe.

I ALWAYS have a handful of coupons with a basket of groceries. I hate to see people with baskets filled and NO COUPONS!! With a family of 4, including a 10 year old that eats like

4, I always try to get my money's worth. Hubby hasn't quite caught on to "stocking up" when things are at a great price, like the poptarts or Chef, but I guess that's why I'm in charge of shopping!

I saw 2 great deals at Target today. First, the 10 count boxes of My Little Pony and Tonka fruit snacks were marked down from 1.99 to .89! This was not a red tag clearance item, the shelf was just labeled with a yellow price cut sticker and the expiration dates were good. Also, the Pampers jumbo packs are 8.50 this week and Pampers wipes are 2.00 this week, so if you use the 3.00 Target coupon which I have been finding in the American Baby magazine, (it is 3.00 off if you purchase both the diapers and wipes), you can get them both for 7.50. That is really good, but if your Target also lets you use manufacturer's coupons, you could get the 2 as cheap as 6.00!

I did that very thing today! Bought a pack of diapers and a pack of wipes, used a $2.00 MFC for the Diapers, .50 coupon for the wipes, the $3.00 off coupon from the magazine AND the $5.00 coupon found on this site if you purchased over $20.

so total OOP for the diapers and wipes was 0.00, of course i still spent $32.06 on a basket full of other stuff :) but nice to get free diapers and wipes, Lord knows we go through them!

I did that very thing today! Bought a pack of diapers and a pack of wipes, used a $2.00 MFC for the Diapers, .50 coupon for the wipes, the $3.00 off coupon from the magazine AND the $5.00 coupon found on this site if you purchased over $20.

so total OOP for the diapers and wipes was 0.00, of course i still spent $32.06 on a basket full of other stuff :) but nice to get free diapers and wipes, Lord knows we go through them!

Wow! You did great!!!! Can you tell me how to get the 5.00 off 20 coupon from this site?

Thanks!

I also think it is kind of silly to really believe that coupon users would make much of a ripple in the financial results of Target. There are so many people who shop that store besides the few of us chatting on this board. Thousands and thousands of people go into Target stores every day, never pay attention to what is on sale, never use a coupon and probably way overpay. That is Target's key demographic... completely opposite of Walmart. Target wants the upper/middle class folks with lots of disposable income to spend. Most if the time (not all) those are the people who couldn't care less about coupons. Target isn't the low cost store and they know that.

Found all those story readers and software marked to 75% today at Super Target if anyone's been watching those. $8.xx for the reader and $3.xx for the software, I believe.

I was one of those didn't care about coupons or knew how to use the properly. Now after being part of this board I'm slowly learning how to use them. For example didn't know I could combine coupons. Or I could use them on clearnace and sale items.

Linda

Just got back and my Target allowed me to do that as well! The Cashier even said "Wow"!!

I've looked and looked and can't find them anywhere, I can't remember where they were, in a forum I think. Can someone else help me out? There were 3 of them together $5 off certain items over a $20 purchase.

I just tried to find it but dont have the patience.LOL.Gl to someone else who can do it faster or knows where to look.

I agree with Julie=6. I know Wal-Mart has Loss Leaders, and they do lose money on those items. They use them just to get you into the store because people usually buy more than just one thing when they go shopping.

Target is doing the same thing with the coupons. They are probably losing money on some customers like us, but the vast majority of people NEVER use coupons.

It's just a way to get us into the store, and apparently IT'S WORKING! Target is still my favorite place to shop. :D

that dosent work for me it only comes up blank.

I did go ISO clearenced pooh items and they were full price here in MD. Actually the whole baby section didnt have any good clearence items. Very dissapointing

Try giving it a few seconds to load and see if that works...