Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Just got back from Target and they had nothing good at all on clearance.

The clerk was telling a woman complaining about something that they are

doing "area changing now as it has been 6 mos". Does that mean they re-do

a whole department after 6 mos? I have been really disappointed with my Target

lately.

BTW doesn't Target sell their own brand soda? I thought they did and today the

had Pepsi for $1.59 bottle (no way will I pay that) and I hate Coke so I was

looking for the Target brand and didn't see any?

Also has any here tried those triple layer Target candles...they smell so good in the

jar but I don't want to get it home and it has no scent.

lately.

The electronics section in my Target is being completely overhauled/redone. That's why the TV's are going on clearance, etc. They told me it will happen in the next week or 2, so I keep checking back to see how the markdowns are going. I have a feeling that when it happens things will just disappear overnight.

lately.

BTW doesn't Target sell their own brand soda? I thought they did and today the

had Pepsi for $1.59 bottle (no way will I pay that) and I hate Coke so I was

looking for the Target brand and didn't see any?

My Target clearnced all their brand soda a few weeks ago. Never went lower than 15% before it was gone though. Not sure what is going on with that.

lately.

Basically they are resetting the departments. They have them all on cycles so that they are off from each other. Toys gets reset in July/August for Christmas and again in January/February after Christmas. They do their major clearances when they are getting ready to reset. That is why we have had so many great deals in some of the departments recently. Toys, Baby, Sporting Goods, Bedding, Office Supplies/Crafts, etc. They have been reset with new merchandise. They also do "transitions" between seasons/holidays and those sets of merchandise get clearanced in between. 6 months sounds about right.

Ok, so there I was, perimeter walking, and there's a woman following me. Looking at what I am looking at. Going down the same isle that I turn down. I speed up, she speeds up. I'm thinking, she's looking for the bargins and thinks I know the way to them.. But then it happens, I turn down and up an isle and I think I lose her but when I get to the endcap there she is waiting for me. She holds up a badge and picture ID. Store Security. Seems like I have been in there while there has been an increase in shoplifting. I swear to her that the only thing I have done is used expired coke coupons to get a dollar off... "Then I woke up. It was only a dream!!!!!!! My friend, who works at target, says its time for me to go shop someplace else..

Guess it was easier than I thought....Here is the info. My Target store knew nothing about it.

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the Dynacraft BSC Inc., announced a voluntary recall of Triax PK7 and Vertical PK7 Bicycles.

Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.

About 32,000 Triax PK7 and Vertical PK7 Bicycles are being recalled because, the company said, the bicycle frame can crack while in use, causing the rider to lose control and suffer injuries from a fall or collision.

The firm said it has received two reports of bicycle frames cracking, resulting in minor injuries including scratches to the legs and feet.

Description: This recall involves Triax PK7 (model 8509-24) and Vertical PK7 (model 8596-71T) 20-inch aluminum cushion framed bicycles. The Triax model was manufactured between October 2005 and May 2006, and the Vertical model was manufactured between August 2004 and December 2004.

The model numbers and manufacture dates are printed on a label affixed to the bicycle frame.

Sold at: Target stores nationwide from September 2004 through early February 2007 for about $100.

Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact Dynacraft at 800-551-0032 between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. PT Monday through Friday, or visit the Dynacraft's Web site at www.dynacraftbike.com.

For additional information, please contact Target at 800-440-0680 between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, or visit Target's Web site at www.target.com.

Dora carriage things are still only 50% off here. :( I did get a strawberry shortcake beauty salon 75% off, 19.99 down to 4.xx. My major score was a 14 piece KitchenAid cultery set.

This is it

I saw it two days ago, marked 30% off. I didn't bother to scan it because I really didn't think it'd be any lower. Today I walk by it and it's marked 75% off! Reg price $99.99 down to $24.98! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

My major score was a 14 piece KitchenAid cultery set.

This is it

I saw it two days ago, marked 30% off. I didn't bother to scan it because I really didn't think it'd be any lower. Today I walk by it and it's marked 75% off! Reg price $99.99 down to $24.98! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

I also found one of those today,,,was hurrying in here to tell about it, but was beat to the punch! :P

I also found one of those today,,,was hurrying in here to tell about it, but was beat to the punch! :P

That's so weird!!! I haven't seen it anywhere so I totally thought it was either a return or something they just found in the back and threw up on a clearance shelf. I'm so excited about it! I haven't taken it out of the box yet, but it looks really nice!

That's so weird!!! I haven't seen it anywhere so I totally thought it was either a return or something they just found in the back and threw up on a clearance shelf. I'm so excited about it! I haven't taken it out of the box yet, but it looks really nice!

Me either! I too thought it was a return... but why someone would return such a nice set was beyond me. But I hit two other Targets today and did not find them at either of the other two....

FYI......Target is once again changing their return policy. The girl today made it a point to tell me when I checked out to save my receipt because they will no longer be taking any returns without a receipt. It's ok by me because I alternate between 2 charge cards so in case I do lose a receipt, they can still look it up.

Ok, so there I was, perimeter walking, and there's a woman following me. Looking at what I am looking at. Going down the same isle that I turn down. I speed up, she speeds up. I'm thinking, she's looking for the bargins and thinks I know the way to them.. But then it happens, I turn down and up an isle and I think I lose her but when I get to the endcap there she is waiting for me. She holds up a badge and picture ID. Store Security. Seems like I have been in there while there has been an increase in shoplifting. I swear to her that the only thing I have done is used expired coke coupons to get a dollar off... "Then I woke up. It was only a dream!!!!!!! My friend, who works at target, says its time for me to go shop someplace else..

Lmao. I thought I was the only one losing it in all this target madness!:gdparanoid::D

Me either! I too thought it was a return... but why someone would return such a nice set was beyond me. But I hit two other Targets today and did not find them at either of the other two....

Ya, I went to another one today, and didn't see one there. It's strange how such fabulous stuff will just kind of appear, and be marked down so cheap!

FYI......Target is once again changing their return policy. The girl today made it a point to tell me when I checked out to save my receipt because they will no longer be taking any returns without a receipt. It's ok by me because I alternate between 2 charge cards so in case I do lose a receipt, they can still look it up.

Does that mean no more use the driver's license once a year thing? It is still okay as long as you paid by credit card and they can look it up? I'll ask about it, but just curious what they said. I know that TRU similarly changed their policy a while back. I can't really blame them with all the fraud out there.

I didn't find anything great today. I'm hoping something new gets marked down soon!

I had my first problem with customer service. I wanted to return something to my husband's Target card, and I didn't have the card. But I did have the statement with the account number clearly on it. The customer service woman said she couldn't do a return without a receipt and handed me back the bag with the item in it and called up the next customer. I said, "Excuse me. But, I thought you had a receipt look up." Then, she finally agreed to "try" when I asked for her supervisor, but she told me that she couldn't promise me it would work! Of course it did. I think she just didn't want to take the extra minute to do it.

I keep all my receipts...my husband is a different story, though.

Does that mean no more use the driver's license once a year thing? It is still okay as long as you paid by credit card and they can look it up? I'll ask about it, but just curious what they said. I know that TRU similarly changed their policy a while back. I can't really blame them with all the fraud out there.

They will still will do receipt look ups but it will be just like TRU. If you don't have a receipt, you will not be able to return it. I wonder about if you wanted to change the size if they'll even do that?

Didnt see any outdoor motion detectors at all.. even asked a sales associate.. she said "go to lowes." LOL

I did see the Flypen Algebra software for $4.xx. marked down from $29.99.

Too bad my DS doesnt have a flypen. :)

I got a photo album that was Orig. $29.99 and paid $7.xx for it. Very nice, gonna use it as a wedding present in a few weeks.

Didnt see any outdoor motion detectors at all.. even asked a sales associate.. she said "go to lowes." LOL

I don't think the motion detectors are the security alarm things that you may be thinking of. If the OP is talking about the things I got, it is a "motion activated" light... regularly $14.99, down to $3.xx. It is like one of those closet bubbly type lights that comes on when it detects motion. I may be wrong, but I don't think the one I have is even for outdoor use.

I don't think the motion detectors are the security alarm things that you may be thinking of. If the OP is talking about the things I got, it is a "motion activated" light... regularly $14.99, down to $3.xx. It is like one of those closet bubbly type lights that comes on when it detects motion. I may be wrong, but I don't think the one I have is even for outdoor use.

The ones I got were the "Utility" lights meant for closets, etc as stated by Floridasunshine

The really bad thing is if the kids get clothes that don't fit or two of a toy or movie. So many gifts don't come with receipts and we have one relative that would have their feelings hurt if we even suggested that our size 14 boys don't wear a size 10 just because she thinks it looks like it's "cut kinda big". Hopefully she won't shop at Target or they will at least relax it right after Christmas when so many people get gifts with no receipts.

Orlando FL Conroy Target

Lots of Playschool 'Let's Play Together' infant playmats for 75% off

Assortment of Disney Princess flashlights and nightlights for 75% off

Rechargeable Flashlight for 75% off (still $7.xx)

DIY drawer pulls, hooks, etc. still 50% off. I have been watching these forever and want to get the fishy ones to do a Nemo/under sea bathroom. If anyone sees them go down to 75% off, please let me know!

St. Patty's Day tees for girls still 50% off

Decent size assortment of Girls clothing for 30-50% off. 3 racks of assorted infant clothes for about the same price. Plus, the infant classic Winnie the Pooh clothes were 30% off.

Timex(?) watches were clearanced, but I didn't see how much (only looked about 30%)

Liz Lange Maternity bras - 75% off (assortment of non-maternity bras, panties and packages were 30-50% off)

Select lightbulb packages 50% off (bought 2 pk of GE 65 floodlights for $2.50)

Dora carriage and Chutes & Ladders game 30% off

Backyardigan plush - (50?)% off

Huge lego batmobile(?) for 30(?)% off

They had a lot of some type of learning device and cartridges that I think were 50% off, but I don't remember what they were (they were light grey/silver in color if that helps. Sorry.)

That's all I can think of. I am getting stingy, waiting for things to go 75% off before buying them now! LOL.