Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Well I went to a Target a little out of my way last night because I was bored (and my closest Target is shopped out) and found some good deals. I found an ESPN Fast Action Football table. The red sticker was marked 75% off at 34.98. I put the code in the scanner just for kicks and it came up as item not found. When I went to pay the casher input the code and got the same message and then she just manually entered the clearance tag price - no questions asked. It was funny because there was actually 2 tags on the box. The first tag was on the front top corner like it had been sitting on an endcap, then the game was moved to a bottom shelf in sporting goods and the 75% sticker was on the side of the box. The cashier first inputted the higher price because that the was tag she saw until I pointed out the lower priced tag :)

I also got 2 backpacks for 75% off at $6.49. One was a Jansport Trans and the other was Eddie Bauer. These will be great for my son's next year for school. I think they are getting too old for character backpacks anyway.

I got a kids fishing set for $3.49. I think was also a salvaged item because the cashier had to also input the price from the tag on that item too. The set came in a clear backpack and included a telescoping pole, sunglasses, some rubber worms and something else I am forgetting.

Got my younger son a size 5 soccer ball - $3.98. Got my older son a Little League Bat - $6.98. Got my DD a Hello Kitty bat and ball set $2.98. All of these items were 75% off. Also picked up the elephant play tent for $6.98 for the kids to play in outside this summer. Also got the Thomas holiday train set for $2.98 - yay!

I did find a red wine cooler but there was no clearance sticker on it and when I scanned the box (yes I did schlep it over to a scanner) it came up item not found and I decided it wasn't worth it to try and talk a cashier into giving it to me for a lower price. I didn't need it anyway. I put it back on a lower shelf so it would be easier for some other bargain shopper to grab it.

Very good night. I am very happy about the football game. I wanted it when it was 75% off but I was just too slow when the stores went to 75% off here by my house. I have heard that I live near the slowest shopped Target - but it sure doesn't feel that way. Boy the clearance is ravaged at this store - I guess everyone else is just coming to my store to shop clearance which is a bummer for me :(

We found very nice "Hello Kitty" backpacks at our Target last night for $3.24! We use backpacks for a church mission project, so this was a great deal for us!

Thanks to all who are posting great deals!

A friend of mine went last night & got the Hello Kitty & a Superman one for 3.24 also. She is heading to Disney today, she bought them for her :D so she can lug a jacket around in them instead of tying around her waist :yup:

Well I went to a Target a little out of my way last night because I was bored (and my closest Target is shopped out) and found some good deals. I found an ESPN Fast Action Football table. The red sticker was marked 75% off at 34.98. I put the code in the scanner just for kicks and it came up as item not found. When I went to pay the casher input the code and got the same message and then she just manually entered the clearance tag price - no questions asked. It was funny because there was actually 2 tags on the box. The first tag was on the front top corner like it had been sitting on an endcap, then the game was moved to a bottom shelf in sporting goods and the 75% sticker was on the side of the box. The cashier first inputted the higher price because that the was tag she saw until I pointed out the lower priced tag :)

I also got 2 backpacks for 75% off at $6.49. One was a Jansport Trans and the other was Eddie Bauer. These will be great for my son's next year for school. I think they are getting too old for character backpacks anyway.

I got a kids fishing set for $3.49. I think was also a salvaged item because the cashier had to also input the price from the tag on that item too. The set came in a clear backpack and included a telescoping pole, sunglasses, some rubber worms and something else I am forgetting.

Got my younger son a size 5 soccer ball - $3.98. Got my older son a Little League Bat - $6.98. Got my DD a Hello Kitty bat and ball set $2.98. All of these items were 75% off. Also picked up the elephant play tent for $6.98 for the kids to play in outside this summer. Also got the Thomas holiday train set for $2.98 - yay!

I did find a red wine cooler but there was no clearance sticker on it and when I scanned the box (yes I did schlep it over to a scanner) it came up item not found and I decided it wasn't worth it to try and talk a cashier into giving it to me for a lower price. I didn't need it anyway. I put it back on a lower shelf so it would be easier for some other bargain shopper to grab it.

Very good night. I am very happy about the football game. I wanted it when it was 75% off but I was just too slow when the stores went to 75% off here by my house. I have heard that I live near the slowest shopped Target - but it sure doesn't feel that way. Boy the clearance is ravaged at this store - I guess everyone else is just coming to my store to shop clearance which is a bummer for me :(

At mine the soccer balls were 7.99, yet the volley balls were 3.24? I picked up the volley ball one for my daughter.

At mine the soccer balls were 7.99, yet the volley balls were 3.24? I picked up the volley ball one for my daughter.

That's funny because at this Target there were a couple of soccer balls for 3.98 but no volleyballs on clearance - or at least the one volleyball they did have a clearance tag on the shelf was sold out. I am happy because I plan on putting the sports stuff in their Easter baskets.

What constitues scamming? I don't feel like I scammed the store by purchasing the football game at 75% off - do you? I also don't think that trying to purchase that wine cooler for 75% off would be scamming either. I mean it was still on the shelf which would lead ANY consumer into thinking that it was a legitimate item for sale - especially if a consumer had heard that it was sold at another store for a certain percentage off. That is just my opinion anyway.

What I have noticed about this thread that is instead of people using the info to find good deals, they seem to get upset if their store doesn't have the same deal and want to complain to corporate. I think this thread is excellent to help people notice things BUT I do not assume I am going to find the same items or that there will be any left or that I have the right to complain if my store doesn't have any.

I think every store has a guideline to follow. There probably are some variations and each store marks things down at different times. Case in point: Last October I found a small wall hanging at a smaller Target 45 miles from my home on clearance for 75% off. The same wall hangings at my local Target were regular price. I do not think I had any right to complain and yell at my local Target. Just last Thursday, my local Target marked down the exact same wall hangings to 75% off. So the difference in markdowns from Targets 45 miles apart was 3 months. I am just thankful I had patience and luck to find what I wanted when they were both marked down 75%.

I guess the moral to this thread should be, good luck and be patient! But if no luck, good luck next time! :yup:

Finally scored the JBL Creature Speakers...I've been looking for them for weeks now (at 6 different Targets!). Found two sets on an endcap with $69.xx stickers, but thanks to you folks I knew to scan and yep they were $24.98! My son's birthday is next month and he'll be happy :D

Also, found a scarf my mom wanted for $2.74.

My DH thinks I need a 12 step program for my Target addiction ;-)

YAYYYY I scored the Eddie Bauer screen tent room thingie...marked at clearance for 44.98, but rang up at 24.98 (org 110.00)

I'm happy....I also got a 4 sliced toaster org 39.99, marked down to 19.99, got this one for 9.09 cause it was last one and out of the box...it's nice!

If it is a color or style that sells better than the other styles, it'll stay regular price and the other "non-sellers" will go clearance to help them sell a bit.

Oh I know that :) It's just a bummer is all

I find the Target Perimeter Perusing to be like a game...some days you win, some days you don't...I find it really quite fun and honestly don't get mad when I can't find the same deals...I may post that I couldn't find it, but it doesn't bother me...like I said, it's a fun game :)

I think every store has a guideline to follow. There probably are some variations and each store marks things down at different times. Case in point: Last October I found a small wall hanging at a smaller Target 45 miles from my home on clearance for 75% off. The same wall hangings at my local Target were regular price. I do not think I had any right to complain and yell at my local Target. Just last Thursday, my local Target marked down the exact same wall hangings to 75% off. So the difference in markdowns from Targets 45 miles apart was 3 months. I am just thankful I had patience and luck to find what I wanted when they were both marked down 75%.

yes, I have had that experience several times. 2 or 3 of the stores I visit are smaller and will clearance items that the other stores keep at regular price for months. But, eventually, they all mark them down and move them out. Sometimes they are quasi-seasonal (smaller stores carry fewer toys during the non-holiday season), and sometimes they just don't sell well at a particular store and they make room for something else.

I'm so excited I just had to share! I was able to find the armoire, bike, dart board and a much-needed lamp today!

Armoire (reg $250, paid $63.xx):

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-16/qid=1170621561/ref=sr_1_16/602-0016096-8468626?ie=UTF8&asin=B00067ELQQ

Lamp (reg $60, paid $14.xx);

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_15/602-0016096-8468626?ie=UTF8&asin=B000GF3J8Y&frombrowse=1

Bike (reg $70, paid $17.48); can't find a picture, it's the yellow Torrid 20" boys bike

And the dart board is the electronic one (reg $30, paid $7.48)

I love shopping trips like this one! I paid $102.75 for $420 worth of stuff! :)

Is this the tent you sleep in that has a screen room... or is it just a screen room?? I saw one that was like an octagon shape.. is that the one??

Thanks in advance :)

Although I am not the original poster, I am pretty sure it is the same one I got... It is an sort-of octagonal 12x15 ft screen house, not a tent.

Did not find bikes or armoires today....

But did find a really cute white 5 shelf bookcase for $19.98, regularly $79.99. Apparently someone had just returned it according to the person helping me.

A wrapping station table thingy, regularly $79.99, now $10.78 without box.

A Euro Pro digital convection oven for $39.98, regularly $79.99. (BTW, they also had a delonghi (sp?) one for $31.xx that was not in a box but was regularly $89.99... Orange Park, FL store County Rd 220)

A Playstation 2 Eye Toy game,,,,was really wanting one a few weeks back but they had sold out. I was happy to find this because it was labeled $24.98 but scanned $12.49!

At one store they had a TON of the Disney Mix Max and Disney mix and accessories (no movie or song clips though) but only 15% off or so!

Looks like they are beginning markdowns on another fire pit, and lots of 30% off of domestics & housewares. They had a lot of 'teen room' items and sheets for 50% off.

Also, I wanted a plastic stackable holiday ornament box. It had no tag to scan. But 3 weeks ago I had gotten 2 of them (they were two to a set) at $4.98 each. So, I take it up to customer service asking what the price is. Lady rips it from my hands and says "This was salvaged a long time ago and we can't sell it to you". I am like, "well, I will pay $3 for it." .... I mean, I feel that is a fair price for a Christmas item that is only one piece of a set, and was on clearance for the whole set for only $4.98 3 weeks ago.

Lady would not budge and says again she can't sell it. Okayyyyyy ....whatever! It was not like I was asking for 90% off or something,,,I just really wanted the box so that it would match and stack with the others that i got and really like for my craft stuff. Next time, I will do as folk suggest and take the item to some bored young man or lady at the cash register ...

But my FAVORITE buy of the day was my $10 "Oh My Nola" CD from my man, Harry Connick jr.!!! Can't wait to rip that one open! Not a clearance item, but it made me happiest!

Thank you.. I was looking at that one and saw it was marked down but it was still too high for me. Just goes to show you, you should always blip!!! LOL :D But too bad the blippers are always so far form the heavy stuff :lolrun:

I have been waitng for Stevie Nicks to perform before the Superbowl and now I am off to Target :P

I am so happy that one person here gave the tip to check to see if my store's scanner had the number pad. One of the 3 stores I frequent does, it is the newer scanner. So I just jot down the 9 digit number and input it into the scanner. for the other two stores, I just make a list and go to customer service and ask them to look them up.

Is this the tent you sleep in that has a screen room... or is it just a screen room?? I saw one that was like an octagon shape.. is that the one??

Thanks in advance :)

it's still in the trunk right now (that thing is HEAVY! lol), so I'm not sure of the shape, but it's just the screen room, not a sleeping tent

hope that helps!

What I have noticed about this thread that is instead of people using the info to find good deals, they seem to get upset if their store doesn't have the same deal and want to complain to corporate. I think this thread is excellent to help people notice things BUT I do not assume I am going to find the same items or that there will be any left or that I have the right to complain if my store doesn't have any.

I guess the moral to this thread should be, good luck and be patient! But if no luck, good luck next time! :yup:

Thanks for posting this! I have noticed the same thing about the posts here lately.

I have had a feeling lately that many Managers/employees now scan these posts and when we post about a "hidden" deal they are correcting it/removing it. Two of my local stores used to be GREAT at finding those deals, now...nope, none to be found...EVER. :no:

or other people read these posts and go buy them or post them on other boards and the people that read those go & buy them, some Targets just have better deal than others at times and you have to keep at it and keep checking sometimes to find them

I just got back from my target. pretty much everything is cleared out from the other day. Which doesnt surprise me, or disappoint me, cuz I got alot the last time. :)

But I did get more MM juice boxes for .69/each. They seemed to have restocked them since I cleared them out last time. Only took 2 packs this time, I was nice. :)

Our target here in Avon, IN still had 3 of the really nice 17$ dirt bikes for boys but I don't have anyone to buy one for. But I called around and couldn't find anyone who needed one! :( So left them there! Did find my safely tucked away Disney MIX Max player that had been salvaged since iw as there a few days ago! They wouldn't budge on the last price posted (50$ something) so left that there! Tried to find a bored guy but didn't work for me! Did get a really nice electronic dart board for 12xx from 59.99. My DH appreciated that! Got three pair of the golf shoes (2 for DH and 1 for my dad) for 7xx yesterday! I was pretty excited! Got my dd two cute white sweaters for 2xx for this summer! Got a nice luggage strap in flourescent green (great for going on cruises when trying to find your bag mixed in with hundreds of others for 2.xx.) This was a set with a lock, tag, and strap-the straps alone were 5.xx - go figure why the bigger SET was cheaper.....All in all, not a bad day! Didn't find any of the 26' bikes-all gone! :yawn: have a great evening!!!

I just got back target and got a Radio Flyer tricycle for $9.50 was $39.99. My son loves it. I also got those inflatable beds for kids for 4.50 a piece. Thanks you Guys!!! :D Oh i did look for those bikes and they where all gone...Camarillo Target

Our target here in Avon, IN still had 3 of the really nice 17$ dirt bikes for boys but I don't have anyone to buy one for. But I called around and couldn't find anyone who needed one! :( So left them there! Did find my safely tucked away Disney MIX Max player that had been salvaged since iw as there a few days ago! They wouldn't budge on the last price posted (50$ something) so left that there! Tried to find a bored guy but didn't work for me! Did get a really nice electronic dart board for 12xx from 59.99. My DH appreciated that! Got three pair of the golf shoes (2 for DH and 1 for my dad) for 7xx yesterday! I was pretty excited! Got my dd two cute white sweaters for 2xx for this summer! Got a nice luggage strap in flourescent green (great for going on cruises when trying to find your bag mixed in with hundreds of others for 2.xx.) This was a set with a lock, tag, and strap-the straps alone were 5.xx - go figure why the bigger SET was cheaper.....All in all, not a bad day! Didn't find any of the 26' bikes-all gone! :yawn: have a great evening!!!

Did You Notice If They Had Any Of The Armoirs For 69.00? That Was So Neat. I Live In Greenwood And Would Happily Go To Avon And Pick One Up

I think my target has given up clearance for awhile. LOL.. I have been looking around and anything that is on clearance is either 15% ( not really good enough for me) or not worth the price they had on it. I am still looking and hoping they start marking those cute world market items down..

I am so happy that one person here gave the tip to check to see if my store's scanner had the number pad. One of the 3 stores I frequent does, it is the newer scanner. So I just jot down the 9 digit number and input it into the scanner. for the other two stores, I just make a list and go to customer service and ask them to look them up.

I second that thanks. Makes Perimeter Perusing a whole lot easier.:)

Thank you, thank you. I got a men's Triax 26" bike today for $29.99 (from $119.99). I would have had no idea to look but for reading this thread. The bike was on the top rack, no price or Clearance sticker at all. I called an employee over to check it (he wasn't thrilled about getting up there), and he scanned it and said, "It's your lucky day!" By the way, the bike model is something like VBX3000.

I also got a set of TopFlite golf clubs (12) plus bag and covers for $49.99 (from $199.99). I am a BBBeginner golfer, so it's perfect for me.

Lots of nice men's sweaters/shirts were 75% off, but not quite my own style.

I plan to go tomorrow to pickup an adjustable teeball set for under $5 (75% off) and return the Fisher Price set my kids got for Christmas for about $12.

A set of Mission style table, chairs, bench, and buffet were on display with 50% off prices, but they scanned at 75% off, but at least the table and buffet were sold out. We wanted the buffet, which was priced about $42 now.

I'm still waiting for the Konami arcade machine from Big Electronic Games to drop to 75% off. I need to check tomorrow (electronics should get marked down.) I need an employee with a scan gun to scan it to be sure it's actually been fully marked down, right??

Thanks again, guys!