Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Watch your mail! I got a coupon for $10 off a $100 purchase (actually, for some reason I got two!). It was on the back of an ad that was thick like a magazine.

I'm sure it won't be hard to spend $100 for most of us but the last time these coupons came out, I had nothing to get so I used them towards iTunes Cards ;) .

I am so upset. I was at Target today and I saw this six drawer Mission dresser marked down to 62.50 from 249.99. I really needed that dresser and there was only one left but it would not fit into my car and I just know that someone is going to buy it before I can get back there with a truck and someone to help me unload it when I get home. This is the link to the one that I saw.:(

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_1/601-4322174-0676148?ie=UTF8&asin=B000BBSO1A&frombrowse=1

Thanks for the tip on the Mission Oak Dresser, I finally found one and my DH put it together this morning and it is beautiful!!!!

Thanks again!! Happy shopping at Target!!!!

Kimberely

I am going back to try to get the one I saw,. Was it very hard to put together?

:eyepoppin I just returned home from a whirlwin Target day!!! :cheesy:

LOL

I drove all over Long Island (New York) trying to get the mens bike that was 29.xx. I got the womans bike with no problems in Central Islip Target. They had one mens left in Riverhead and I ran out there after going to 3 other Targets. Riverhead also had the womans bike but it was $59.xx ... I asked the guy to scan it and then told him it was $29.xx in Central Islip and he said that they did not discount this bike in Riverhead.

The bikes are Triax... they are both 26" bikes, the mens is Green and the womans is Pink. They both have sports water bottles on them. I hope this helps you find them ;)

Yep. It was the Triax. THe DCPI # is 082090079. It was also marked 59.XX but then when I went up front it rang the 29.XX. In this particular store they were not marked in any way that you would have known they were on clearance. No big sign or anything, just the little red tag on the handlebars! I saw no kids bikes and they had one men's one left on clearance. I hope this helps.

Now that I have vented about not getting the dresser, this is what I did find today.

PSP game (Twisted Metal) 4.98 (75% off ) Baseball Glove for DS 7.48 (75% off) Fuzzy Art Set 2.48 but sticker said 6.98

2 pair of angora/wool blend socks for 0.98 each (75% off)

1 pair of trouser socks for 0.74

Easton baseball bat for DS 12.49 (75%off)

I also found 2 more packs of MM juice boxes for 0.69:cheesy:

I got that little elephant tent for 6.98, right next to it on the clearance shelves were two hippo tents (no sharks anywhere) marked at 17.98...ugh, yup, it scanned at the higher price, I even tried to get someone to mark it down...no luck :( hopefully it'll go lower soon too...I've never understood when all the colors but one of a shirt go clearance, or like this, all the tent styles but this one, etc oh well

those books that the kids fill out and get 'published' were still at 9.98 and they only had 2 left, so I grabbed them...I guess even at 9.98 it's a good deal, but was really hoping for lower

no luck on the color wonder sets either, stuck at 9.**

oh well, guess they can't all be stellar weeks, can they?

I got that little elephant tent for 6.98, right next to it on the clearance shelves were two hippo tents (no sharks anywhere) marked at 17.98...ugh, yup, it scanned at the higher price, I even tried to get someone to mark it down...no luck :( hopefully it'll go lower soon too...I've never understood when all the colors but one of a shirt go clearance, or like this, all the tent styles but this one, etc oh well

If it is a color or style that sells better than the other styles, it'll stay regular price and the other "non-sellers" will go clearance to help them sell a bit.

LOL

I drove all over Long Island (New York) trying to get the mens bike that was 29.xx. I got the womans bike with no problems in Central Islip Target. They had one mens left in Riverhead and I ran out there after going to 3 other Targets. Riverhead also had the womans bike but it was $59.xx ... I asked the guy to scan it and then told him it was $29.xx in Central Islip and he said that they did not discount this bike in Riverhead.

The bikes are Triax... they are both 26" bikes, the mens is Green and the womans is Pink. They both have sports water bottles on them. I hope this helps you find them ;)

Thanks NoelGypsy!! Will look for those.

I got that little elephant tent for 6.98, right next to it on the clearance shelves were two hippo tents (no sharks anywhere) marked at 17.98...ugh, yup, it scanned at the higher price, I even tried to get someone to mark it down...no luck :( hopefully it'll go lower soon too...

only the elephant went clearance at any of my stores.

great target trip today - went to one i don't normally go to - in Woodstock, GA and it's a Super Target.

Found 4 of the blue fold up camping chairs marked down to $8.99 (normally #29.99) - they are the ones that fold up into a bag. Also snagged two of the Dora blow up beds at $6.98- the funny thing was that they had two different beds - one had Dora as a painter on the front and the other had some other pic of Dora - the painter Dora scanned item not found and they wanted me to pay full price - the other Dora scanned at the 6.98 -

We got a great deal on a tent w/Amazon back during Christmas and we are trying to stock it now so that we'll have everything we need come spring-time. Found $40 Coleman sleeping bags for DH and I for $8.

great target trip today - went to one i don't normally go to - in Woodstock, GA and it's a Super Target.

Found 4 of the blue fold up camping chairs marked down to $8.99 (normally #29.99) - they are the ones that fold up into a bag. Also snagged two of the Dora blow up beds at $6.98- the funny thing was that they had two different beds - one had Dora as a painter on the front and the other had some other pic of Dora - the painter Dora scanned item not found and they wanted me to pay full price - the other Dora scanned at the 6.98 -

We got a great deal on a tent w/Amazon back during Christmas and we are trying to stock it now so that we'll have everything we need come spring-time. Found $40 Coleman sleeping bags for DH and I for $8.

Which type of Coleman sleeping bag did you get? They are usually marked 10 degree, 20 degree etc.. Thanks:)

Which type of Coleman sleeping bag did you get? They are usually marked 10 degree, 20 degree etc.. Thanks:)

I got a couple coleman bags the other day, probably the same ones, they were 20 degree tall. Marked from 34.99 to 8.74 and very nice.

LOL

Welcome to Gotta Deal Noel.Finally another Long Islander on here,Atleast now i know i have competion.(LOL).Where do you live?I live at Target in Copigue(LOL) i mean i live in Massapequa.Wish we could of gotten together this last black friday.Oh well maybe next year we can.

I got a couple coleman bags the other day, probably the same ones, they were 20 degree tall. Marked from 34.99 to 8.74 and very nice.

I've been looking for the 20 degree ones, I have 4 different Targets but I have never seen one there, oh well, you can't have everything (where would you put it):)

I saw a really nice 2 shelf bookcase marked down from $60 to $15.

Thought I hit the jackpot tonight when I scanned a Toddler booster seat and it came up Item Not Found. Found an employee and she couldn't find anything either so I got really excited and I brought it to customer service and they couldn't find anything either so I starting going over in my head what price I should give for it. She called a manager over and the mgr said they couldn't sell it to me because it was a Target.com return :( I'm really overdue for a biggie.

I was at Target today and I saw this six drawer Mission dresser marked down to 62.50 from 249.99. I really needed that dresser and there was only one left but it would not fit into my car and I just know that someone is going to buy it before I can get back there with a truck and someone to help me unload it when I get home.

I had that exact situation at our local Wal-Mart on a storage bench. Only ONE brown but at least 8 of the black ones. I needed the brown so I simply went to a manager and asked how to handle it. I ended up buying it, them putting a sold sign on it (and sitting it on the flat truck by the service center. I went up and got our truckand they acutally loaded it for me.

I was at Target today and I saw this six drawer Mission dresser marked down to 62.50 from 249.99. I really needed that dresser and there was only one left but it would not fit into my car and I just know that someone is going to buy it before I can get back there with a truck and someone to help me unload it when I get home.

I had that exact situation at our local Wal-Mart on a storage bench. Only ONE brown but at least 8 of the black ones. I needed the brown so I simply went to a manager and asked how to handle it. I ended up buying it, them putting a sold sign on it (and sitting it on the flat truck by the service center. I went up and got our truckand they acutally loaded it for me.

I thought about doing that but I decided that if I go back tomorrow and it is still there then it was meant for me to have, but if it is gone then It wasn't meant for me to have this dresser :cheesy:

Hey all, regarding items finally going 75% off, and disappearing right away...

Please keep in mind there are many sites on the web that have similar threads about Target. Many people who read these threads are professional flea market/ebayers/or resellers. Once they come across a clearanced item, they will buy them out. So, it may not always be that the item has gone salvage or that employees got them.

I went Friday to try and find 2 of the Baseball gloves that were 75% off and before I even made it half way back there I passed a lady with 2 carts full of them and balls and bats, etc. I will keep looking!! Thanks for all of the information in this thread.

Happy Shopping!!!!!

Kimberely

Went to my local Target yesterday and found some great deals. I got a bar cabinet regular 199 marked 168 but when I scanned it was 49. Found some adorable dog clothes marked down to 3.24. my daughter picked these up for her cat. Poor cat. Also found some womens sweaters for 4.98. I did see the red wine fridge, but it was up so high and my daughter was "starving" that we decided to go back another time to see if it was still there,

I have had a feeling lately that many Managers/employees now scan these posts and when we post about a "hidden" deal they are correcting it/removing it. Two of my local stores used to be GREAT at finding those deals, now...nope, none to be found...EVER. :no:

childofsolitiude- i am also in Fl , spring hill area,.. i had been eyeing those train tables waiting for the price to budge.. it was only down 30% so i didnt buy it.. the next day they were gone! (there were 5 of them the day before) i asked someone in toys and they said they mustve sold out already? do you think this is possibe? i am so dissappointed..

I can tell you for a fact that they're gone. The only way you may be able to get one is if one is returned.

I noticed some people have been saying that some items come up a lower price than what the percentage on the sign says when you scan them. For example, a clearance endcap may say "30% off" but some things will come up 50 or 75% off. Just a little note.. the sign actually says "30% off OR MORE". This is why it's a good idea to scan all clearance items you're interested in.