Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

This lady was shopping, her and her DH (which she met up with to add more chairs to HIS car). Its just annoying, I put something down, she snatched it right up.. ahhh

Oh, my store has TONS of the disney things you guys are talking about. The Cars thing rang up NO INFORMATION ON FILE and the HS musical, blue chrome and princess max ones with video are $84.99. They also have the HS musical video thing... All that stuff was only 15% off.. scanned to make sure. I will keep an eye on them if you guys want. They had lots today but not sure when they will mark down again. They had the stands too. My kids arent into these so i dont know what you all needed

I imagine this question has been asked before but I can't find it so here goes...

I was at my local Target last week and bought a slow cooker for $17.48. Then when my mom saw it she really wanted one and her birthday i coming so I started calling around. I finally found one in a neighboring city today for the same price but by the time I could drive 45 minutes to get there, it was gone. So...while I was visiting my inlaws I stopped by their Target (about 10 minutes from the one I was already at) and they had one left. I grabbed it and went to pay and it was $24.48....that is $7 more!

I needed it so I paid that, but it totally erks me how they all do their clearance so differently. Here is my question....If I return it to my store will I have a prayer of being the one to get it when they take it back out? They won't do a price adjustment for me if it was purchased at a different location, right?

Is there some loophole I am missing?? I really want the cheaper price....it is the principle of the matter!! LOL :cheesy:

Any advice?

I imagine this question has been asked before but I can't find it so here goes...

Here is my question....If I return it to my store will I have a prayer of being the one to get it when they take it back out? They won't do a price adjustment for me if it was purchased at a different location, right?

Is there some loophole I am missing?? I really want the cheaper price....it is the principle of the matter!! LOL :cheesy:

Any advice?

There are times when I want to rebuy something that I've bought knowing that it is now 75% off. Take the item back late... like 7 or 8 p.m. Chances are good that it won't be reshelved until right at closing or even after closing. Then be there when the store opens the next morning. I realize that sometimes this isn't always convenient, but I have lots of Targets real close to me, so if there is something that I'd really like to have back, that is what I do and I have always had good luck. (Sundays are ususally a good evening to do this. Monday mornings aren't usually that busy at our stores.) Of course if the employees want it, you are a bit screwed. :>)

Option two... just ask the clerk at guest services (very politely) when they think the item will be put back out on the shelf because you want to rebuy it. I had incredible luck with huge quantities of toys that I returned when they went 75% off. I was amazed that both times I asked the question, the clerk said, "well I can just resell them to you right now if you'd like." One even did the return (at the higher cost) and the rebuy (at the lower cost) right on the SAME receipt. Again, I did it in the evening when it was younger people working and probably figured, "if she buys all this I won't have to reticket/reshelf it." During the day there may be the threat of management lurking, etc.

I don't know if it is against policy for guest services to do it, but the two times I did it, the clerks were real open and friendly about it.... They didn't give me the feeling like I was asking for anything that was that big of a deal.

Just remember it doesn't hurt to ask nicely. All they can do say is no.

If I return it to my store will I have a prayer of being the one to get it when they take it back out? They won't do a price adjustment for me if it was purchased at a different location, right?

I haven't had much luck doing this. I have tried it 2 or 3 times, and each time I think an employee ends up buying it. It certainly never makes it back to the shelf. I have been there when the store opened, and have even checked back earlier after returning it. No joy. I have also tried to get the price adjustment or to return and rebuy and they refused each time. So, you might get lucky, or you might just lose out.

I do agree, though, that your best bet is always with the young and inexperienced employees. Especially the young men who look like they HATE their jobs. Whenever I know an item was clearanced, but it is coming up $0.00 on the scanners, I go to them. They will ask if I know the price rather than try to look it up, and tell me it is salvaged.

I scored on PSP games yesterday. They marked down about 15 different games and they were ringing up from $9.98 to $4.98. I won a PSP from the KFC game and so I need to stock up on games for my son.

I got Poker game $4.98

The Con $4.98

Burnout 3 $7.48

BackYard Football $9.98

I also bought yet another value pack of cereal- Cocoa Puffs for $2.20

Reebok sport bags (small ones) one pink and one black for $1.98

Play 2 w/ camera for PS2 for $10.98

Good day!

Yesterday I got a flatware set org. 69.99 at 75% should have been 17.48 but it was missing a butter knife so they took another 10% so I got it for 15.73 I can live without a butter knife but I also thought about contacting the company so see if they would replace it. It is a target product does anyone know if they will do that? I also got my son the Hyperscan console for 12.48 and an xbox game for 9.98. not a bad day but not a great one either.

I got the same flatware set too at my Target. Everything was in there. I had first bought another smaller set, and when I went home, it was missing a spoon. I'll take that one back.

I don't think they are going to give you a new knife because they gave you the extra 10% but you could call Target and try...

I also had a lady following me around picking up stuff after I did. At one point, she was on the same endcap with me as I was picking up a cup to match the other 3 in my cart. She says "are you going to take that?" as I was putting it in my cart! I wanted to say something smart like "no, I am just going to push it around the store and leave it in an aisle for you to find." but I live in Jersey and really do not need to be shot or knifed over a cup.

I went to Target to get more cereal and gatorade today. I had a lady follow me around the ENTIRE store (I was by myself and enjoyed perimeter perusing!). I found 4 of the inflatable beds at $4.98 each (2 girly ones, a sports one and a truck one). I also got a green chair.. like you would see at sporting events the ones that fold up easy.. this had a "ottoman" type thing attached and it was only $3.24. I also got 4 packs of 6 socks for 98 cents. The lady swiped all the green lounge chairs.. .I grabbed one without a bag before she got it (went back and found a bag anyway) and she took the last 2 bikes. I finally went into the boys dept to lose her.

What kind of deal is on the green lounge chairs?

I'm a first-time poster, but a long-time lurker. Thank you everyone for the info on this thread. I'm truly addicted and never knew Target was such a fun place to shop! Last night, I finally scored on some of the deals you've been talking about. I found the Eddie Bauer outdoor screenhouse for $24.98 it was still marked $66.xx. I found 2 of the AirHog Vectrons on the regular shelf but scanned $3.xx. I found one of those Colorwonder kits (Nemo) on the shelf with all of the full-price versions but scanned $3.74. I found a DVD Mad Gab Mania game adult game sitting on an endcap in toys. It had no clearance sticker and scanned at $0.00. I ended up getting it for $3.99. Also grabbed one of those Roseart Art-o-Rama sets for $2.48, the Rubbermaid wrap and craft for $1.98, a pair of ladies ski gloves for $3.24 and a pair of little girls shoes for $3.24. All-in-all not a bad trip. They had several of the elephant and shark kids tents for $6.xx and 3 different electronic dartboards marked 75% off, but I couldn't think of anyone who needed those. They also had one of the red wine fridges. It scanned $0.00, but I really didn't need it, so I left it for someone else to find. By the way, I'm in central/eastern Jersey.

Last week I bought one of the "full-size" Konami arcade machines (includes Frogger and 11 others) for $199.99 (50% off). I am desperately hoping it goes down to 75% off. If anyone sees it priced at $99 at any store, please post.

These are actually pretty "invisible" for being such a big box (like 3ft x 3ft), I guess because they're never unpacked and the box design is very "busy." My wife and I shop Target twice a week, and we never saw these until they were on clearance. I've seen them in electronics and in sporting goods with clearance items like the foosball tables.

I needed it so I paid that, but it totally erks me how they all do their clearance so differently. Here is my question....If I return it to my store will I have a prayer of being the one to get it when they take it back out? They won't do a price adjustment for me if it was purchased at a different location, right?

Any advice?

There are times when I want to rebuy something that I've bought knowing that it is now 75% off. Take the item back late... like 7 or 8 p.m. Chances are good that it won't be reshelved until right at closing or even after closing. Then be there when the store opens the next morning. I realize that sometimes this isn't always convenient, but I have lots of Targets real close to me, so if there is something that I'd really like to have back, that is what I do and I have always had good luck. (Sundays are ususally a good evening to do this. Monday mornings aren't usually that busy at our stores.) Of course if the employees want it, you are a bit screwed. :>)

Option two... just ask the clerk at guest services (very politely) when they think the item will be put back out on the shelf because you want to rebuy it. I had incredible luck with huge quantities of toys that I returned when they went 75% off. I was amazed that both times I asked the question, the clerk said, "well I can just resell them to you right now if you'd like." One even did the return (at the higher cost) and the rebuy (at the lower cost) right on the SAME receipt. Again, I did it in the evening when it was younger people working and probably figured, "if she buys all this I won't have to reticket/reshelf it." During the day there may be the threat of management lurking, etc.

I don't know if it is against policy for guest services to do it, but the two times I did it, the clerks were real open and friendly about it.... They didn't give me the feeling like I was asking for anything that was that big of a deal.

Just remember it doesn't hurt to ask nicely. All they can do say is no.

KC is partially right. It IS better to return the item late at night and come back first thing in the morning to rebuy it. However, at my store, we're required several times throughout the day to reshelf "abandon items" (items that either guests didn't want when they were checking out or items that guests left lying around in the wrong department) and unopened, unused return items. When I have the opening shift, I usually reshelf these items at around 12ish, 3ish, and 4ish. When I close, I usually reshelf them as I'm zoning (cleaning up and fixing the store to make it look better) which starts around 6ish. And after I'm done zoning and just picking up after guests who are still in the store, I'll make several runs to guest services to pick up my "go-backs". As a rule in my store, all go-backs must be out of the bins and on the salesfloor when the store closes before we can go home.

Second, about KC's comment about the younger guest service people having to "reticket/reshelf" items. Nothing needs to be reticketed when it's a return and the guest service people don't have to reshelf these items because (a) it's not their job and (B) if they're a minor they get to go home 15 minutes before the store closes so they really don't care if the items are reshelved or not. You can take a chance and try to rebuy the item when a younger person (or someone who doesn't appear to like their job) is working but the majority of these people at my store would be the first ones to say "no" to you. If you want to take that chance, go ahead. However, KC's suggestion of returning late at night and rebuying it the next morning is your best bet. Want to further your chances of being able to rebuy it? Ask the guest service person if they will be receiving a truck the night you return it. If they say yes, reconsider returning at another day. If they say no, that means that the team members who work that night couldn't buy it because they don't have time to and there will be no team members in the store until the next morning so you have a better chance of getting it. If it seems as though the item has disappeared, it could be because the item is still in the bins behind guest services from the night before or a team member put the item in a different department. Don't assume that because it's not in the kitchen appliance department that it's gone. My store likes to be organized and therefore puts like items together but I've been to a ton of other Targets that had clearance stuff all over the place.

As a rule in my store, all go-backs must be out of the bins and on the salesfloor when the store closes before we can go home.

If it seems as though the item has disappeared, it could be because the item is still in the bins behind guest services from the night before or a team member put the item in a different department. Don't assume that because it's not in the kitchen appliance department that it's gone. My store likes to be organized and therefore puts like items together but I've been to a ton of other Targets that had clearance stuff all over the place.

Wow, things must be quite a bit different where you are! The stores around here leave baskets full of go-backs in the departments for days on end. I know because I check them regularly. There are 2 stores I go to 5-6 days a week. In the morning, they have a go-backs "train" at the front end near the lanes.

When I have asked about whether or not a store will be getting a truck in, the response has always been that "we get trucks everyday." The overnight employees are often the ones who do get a lot of the great deals, too. During the Christmas season, they were the ones taking all the Elmos. I would go to the store next to my son's school right after dropping him off. I was there every single morning before they opened, and on the rare occasions that they had Elmos, the overnight crew was walking out of the toy department with them as the people, myself included, were walking into the store. It was really bad. They do the same thing with clearance sometimes. They have a cart full of the clearance items that the price change team has marked down before the store opens.

Wow, things must be quite a bit different where you are! The stores around here leave baskets full of go-backs in the departments for days on end. I know because I check them regularly. There are 2 stores I go to 5-6 days a week. In the morning, they have a go-backs "train" at the front end near the lanes.

And that's how some stores lose sales. One store in my district constantly has carts and carts full of stuff sitting where guest services is. Everytime I go to this particular store there are things all over the floor, a ton of empty shelves and endcaps, wrong signing, etc. At my store, if an aisle looks "shopped", my managers have us stop whatever we're doing so that we can fix it. If an endcap is half empty, we must stop what we're doing and fix it. If there is something on the floor (whether it is a bottle of shampoo or a small piece of cardboard), we must stop what we're doing and pick it up. If the bins at guest services are half full, they will call the salesfloor people to come clean out the bins. If the bins are full, they will cart up the items for you and bring it to your department. There's a reason why my store does better (sales-wise and guest survey-wise) than even the SuperTargets in our district.

When I have asked about whether or not a store will be getting a truck in, the response has always been that "we get trucks everyday." The overnight employees are often the ones who do get a lot of the great deals, too. During the Christmas season, they were the ones taking all the Elmos. I would go to the store next to my son's school right after dropping him off. I was there every single morning before they opened, and on the rare occasions that they had Elmos, the overnight crew was walking out of the toy department with them as the people, myself included, were walking into the store. It was really bad. They do the same thing with clearance sometimes. They have a cart full of the clearance items that the price change team has marked down before the store opens.

Is your Target a SuperTarget? Generally bigger stores get trucks more often than smaller ones. During the holidays my store got trucks everyday but now we're back to Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays. Try asking someone on the salesfloor when they get trucks in.

Is your Target a SuperTarget? Generally bigger stores get trucks more often than smaller ones. During the holidays my store got trucks everyday but now we're back to Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays. Try asking someone on the salesfloor when they get trucks in.

No, just in a high traffic area. We are in the Los Angeles region, and there isn't much competition for Target here. There is a single Walmart within driving distance, and that is it. So, they probably have pretty high sales anyway.

I know that they have a lot of negatives on their customer surveys because I hear the managers talking about it in their morning huddles. Some stores are certainly worse than others around here. The advantage to the sloppy ones is that I can often find bargains in their go back carts.

Last night I got the Embark 19 inch Pilot rolling bag for only $2.48!!! Got 2 of them to put away for a fast gift along with the Embark mens toiletry bags, large 1.99 & small 1.24! The large travel bags were 3.74 in black & XL in black were 4.99, pink 3.74! Got several of them as well. They are great to for fast gifts for my daughters friends (all in the mid-late teens). I always pick up these when Target has them this low, throw in some Bath & Body Splash's & they love it!

Me too.. $7.48.. for the Golf shoes...

:yup:

I also got the golf shoes for my hubby :D I think I found that wine cooler, which one is the deal? The red one scan $0.00 and tha target employee said it was the price listed on the shelf. Thinking I would go back and see if someone else could give me a better answer. They also had the silver one but i did not scan it.

Great day at Target today! I got the women's 26 inch bike that was 119.xx for 29.xx. I was so happy I went to two Targets to find one. Also got some fireplace accessories that were on clearance. These were a new clearance in our stores. Also thought I would pass along that almost all the sheets were 30-50% off. As were bath stuff and kitchen tableware.

I also found more firepits (Different than the last round) only 30% right now but there were quite a few and BBQ's One was by Brinkman and the other a Thermos plus all the covers and accessories. The woman at teh register couldn't believe the price on the bike as it was marked only 50% off on the sticker! Love you ladies! You have helped me alot!

childofsolitiude- i am also in Fl , spring hill area,.. i had been eyeing those train tables waiting for the price to budge.. it was only down 30% so i didnt buy it.. the next day they were gone! (there were 5 of them the day before) i asked someone in toys and they said they mustve sold out already? do you think this is possibe? i am so dissappointed..

I also got the golf shoes for my hubby :D I think I found that wine cooler, which one is the deal? The red one scan $0.00 and tha target employee said it was the price listed on the shelf. Thinking I would go back and see if someone else could give me a better answer. They also had the silver one but i did not scan it.

The number for the clearance one was 072-01-0137... when i found it there were several of the new ones with a different number stacked on top of it. They all looked exactly the same, all red, all same looking box. She argued with me awhile that it should be $79.99. But when I finally got through to her that the DCPI numbers were different, she called someone who confirmed the other ones were $79.99 but that the price for the number matching this one box was $19.99.

(Also, the silver ones and the newer red ones both have the same number as the shelf tag, even though the shelf tag only referenced the silver ones. The older red one should have the number above.)

They were kind of annoyed that I made them give me the one from the bottom (they were pretty heavy)... but if they would have just sold me the other for the same price, i would have been just as satisfied ....

But the 'clearance' box was not marked clearance in any way and was on the shelf with the regular wine coolers .... hope this helps.

Great day at Target today! I got the women's 26 inch bike that was 119.xx for 29.xx. I was so happy I went to two Targets to find one. Also got some fireplace accessories that were on clearance. These were a new clearance in our stores. Also thought I would pass along that almost all the sheets were 30-50% off. As were bath stuff and kitchen tableware.

I also found more firepits (Different than the last round) only 30% right now but there were quite a few and BBQ's One was by Brinkman and the other a Thermos plus all the covers and accessories. The woman at teh register couldn't believe the price on the bike as it was marked only 50% off on the sticker! Love you ladies! You have helped me alot!

Please do tell about the bike, who is the maker and what is the color.

I went to Target twice this week got the I pod lamps for 7.48 the Dora blow-up beds for 6.48, the silverware set for 14.98,, the bike helmets for 4.98,and some misc. food items. I got to stop reading this board! My Dh is going to freak when he finds the pile of stuff I hid in the basement. But thank you to all the posters especially those that work for target- I learn so much!

The number for the clearance one was 072-01-0137... when i found it there were several of the new ones with a different number stacked on top of it. They all looked exactly the same, all red, all same looking box. She argued with me awhile that it should be $79.99. But when I finally got through to her that the DCPI numbers were different, she called someone who confirmed the other ones were $79.99 but that the price for the number matching this one box was $19.99.

(Also, the silver ones and the newer red ones both have the same number as the shelf tag, even though the shelf tag only referenced the silver ones. The older red one should have the number above.)

They were kind of annoyed that I made them give me the one from the bottom (they were pretty heavy)... but if they would have just sold me the other for the same price, i would have been just as satisfied ....

But the 'clearance' box was not marked clearance in any way and was on the shelf with the regular wine coolers .... hope this helps.

Thanks that does help! I will go back and check the DCPI # and see if they match. I know it scanned $0.00 so it should be the same one. I did not realize that these items ring $0.00 at the register also, just read that on the boards. You guys are awesome! THANKS!!!!

Please do tell about the bike, who is the maker and what is the color.

Do you have the DPCI for this bike? We scored the men's one for my hubby but now I'm starting to think that I might need one for myself.

Also, does anyone know of a small children's bike on clearance? I need the size up from a 12" I think...my dd is 3 and she is on the smallest two-wheeler, but this summer she will need a bigger one.

We went to Target today and got a Barbie 3 wheeled scooter for 6.24, a backpack for 2.xx and several of the other things already listed!

I got 3 Princess ready beds for $4.89 each. I wanted the no name brand for $4.98 but those were all gone. So I got 3 Princess ones.. they were marked $19.58 but were on the shelf with the 75% off sign (tons of them, so not like someone tossed them there). When I got to the register, I told her they were 75% off... she took the 75% off the $19.58 instead of the $27.99 original price! I wanted more socks but those were gone too. And I got my son a razor scooter bug for $7.48 for his bday!