Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

My DD's and I spent more time than we thought we would at Target today but we ended up doing OK. We just found out my SIL is expecting so we picked up Carters duck booties, duck cap and a Pooh cap for 1.24 each; a set of 6 circo infant spoons for .87; a Liz Lange maternity tee for 4.98; the BeBe Sounds prenatal heart listener for 4.97. Plus we got a Tak PS2 game, an Xmen PSP game and the Namco museum Battle collection PSP game all for 4.98 each. My dd picked up some water bottle/iPod holder combo for 1.98 that she said will be good when she works out.

I saw a few pieces of furniture on clearance that I'll have to go back w/DH to check out. One is a bar cabinet; the other is the mission buffet. They had the mission buffet assembled on the floor but the sales girl said they can't sell the last one assembled off the floor.

RobD

Didn't page back so not sure if you have this posted yet...

LifeLong Dog food is 30% off

Taco Bell -Sante Fe Dinner Kit (shells, seasoning, salsa) - 1.38

24 pack Quacker oats - 3.48

2 pack cereals Cinn Toast Crunch - 3.48

I send the oatmeal as a lunch option for the kids every once in a while with the water in a thermos. It's a fun "mix-it-up" change from PBJ. I try to figure prices per unit. 3.48/24 =.15!

Lunch here is $1.40 so if I can get items in their lunch for @ .20 each can match it with seven items way better than a buying a lunch and throwing half away. I know they will eat what they want, granola bars, fruit, yogurt, cheese sticks. (After Halloween sale bites sizes are GREAT for lunches--goldfish crackers, quaker bars) When I can get items for less than .20 each Woo-Hoo!

ohh, I'm in Florida.

I found a portable gift wrapping table. It holds all the paper and the top has grooves so you can cut straight. The legs fold up so you can store it under a bed. It was originally 79.98 on clearance for 19.99. Never saw one before at any of the Targets I go to. It was back with the clearance furniture.

Have to share my great Target find. I found this Golden Tee Video Arcade game on an endcap at my Target with a $280 clearance sticker on it (Usually 499 on website plus 125 shipping!). I used my 10% off rewards card and got it for $268 including tax. My husband is so excited. The webiste says it's not available in stores so I was afraid someone returned it, but he put it together last night and it still had plastic wrap all over it. They also had 2 other machines with a bunch of games like Frogger on them. You might want to check your Targets!

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-2/qid=1169994610/ref=sr_1_2/601-8577457-5360948?ie=UTF8&asin=B000GYX46C

Target Calphalon?

Does anyone know the differance between Target Pro series that is exclusive to Target and the calphalon lines sold at other stores?

There is no comparison. The quality of the Target Calphalon is closer to T-Fal. The Calphalon sold in other stores is thicker and much higher quality. Frankly, though, even the Calphalon that is sold in other stores has seriously gone down hill in the last few years. I am a pretty serious cook, and use my pans regularly. I have had 3 of the Calphalon Professional Nonstick pans go south on me and had to have Calphalon replace them. Unfortunately they replaced them with their new series of pans which seem much less durable than the previous ones! I am slowly replacing them with All Clad.

There is no comparison. The quality of the Target Calphalon is closer to T-Fal. The Calphalon sold in other stores is thicker and much higher quality. Frankly, though, even the Calphalon that is sold in other stores has seriously gone down hill in the last few years. I am a pretty serious cook, and use my pans regularly. I have had 3 of the Calphalon Professional Nonstick pans go south on me and had to have Calphalon replace them. Unfortunately they replaced them with their new series of pans which seem much less durable than the previous ones! I am slowly replacing them with All Clad.

Thanks but confused! Pro Series is hard anodized with a silicone grip. I didn"t know T-Fal made this type. Target had a great price!! Debating on taking them back.

Today I went to my local Target looking for the Wine Bottle Cooler.

There were 2 Silver (Exterior) and 1 *Red* Emerson 8 Bottle Wine Coolers on the shelf.

I asked one of the clerks to use his scanner to check the price.

The price was $79.99 -- on the Silver one.

I told him that I heard that they were $19.98

So I asked him to scan the Red one and it was $19.98

(There were a few different tags on it -- inlcuding one that said it was Silver and another that said No Bar Code.)

I took it to the register and it came up 00.

I told the cashier that it was $19.98 (according to the clerk with the scanner.)

I also said that I thought it was a Christmas item and it should be 90% off.

He agreed. Cashier called the manager over, who BTW just a few minutes earlier bumped into me on the escalator and almost knocked me down the escalator.

The Manager said that he like the idea that I was an educated consumer and .........

Drum Roll, please .......................

The Total with Tax was $2.09 :eyepoppin

Yes, you read that right, Two dollars and nine cents!!!!!!

I just opened the box and it looks like it is fresh stock and never opened.

Hmm...

Since our mens teams both won the basketball and football national championships, I doubt any Gator gear is on clearance yet. But it won't hurt to look! ;)

My husband is a die hard Gator fan and he received so much flack because he's anti-uofm. Our Target had Mich and Mich State and of course the Lions on clearance.

:( Depressing day for me at Target today. I scanned about a hundred things and nothing was 75% off I don't think anything scanned 50% off either. Maybe next week:no:

Same here at my Mich Target....had a million things in my cart to scan hoping to get lucky and not ONE item was 75% off.....don't you hate that?:yup:

Thanks but confused! Pro Series is hard anodized with a silicone grip. I didn"t know T-Fal made this type. Target had a great price!! Debating on taking them back.

they are lower quality hard anodized and though t-fal doesn't make them, the quality is approximately the same. You don't get as even a distribution of heat which leads to burn spots. The other problem is the low quality nonstick surface. It simply doesn't hold up - also similar to t-fal. That is what I meant. Hope that makes more sense.

Today I went to my local Target looking for the Wine Bottle Cooler.

There were 2 Silver (Exterior) and 1 *Red* Emerson 8 Bottle Wine Coolers on the shelf.

I asked one of the clerks to use his scanner to check the price.

The price was $79.99 -- on the Silver one.

I told him that I heard that they were $19.98

So I asked him to scan the Red one and it was $19.98

(There were a few different tags on it -- inlcuding one that said it was Silver and another that said No Bar Code.)

I took it to the register and it came up 00.

I told the cashier that it was $19.98 (according to the clerk with the scanner.)

I also said that I thought it was a Christmas item and it should be 90% off.

He agreed. Cashier called the manager over, who BTW just a few minutes earlier bumped into me on the escalator and almost knocked me down the escalator.

The Manager said that he like the idea that I was an educated consumer and .........

Drum Roll, please .......................

The Total with Tax was $2.09 :eyepoppin

Yes, you read that right, Two dollars and nine cents!!!!!!

I just opened the box and it looks like it is fresh stock and never opened.

:eyepoppin Oh my God that is so incredible, I hope that one day I can find something in Target that I really want bad and get it for a ridiculously low price. I scanned one the other day and it rang up 79.99 so it may have been the silver one I'm not sure I didn't look.

Hi everyone. I have a few new things to report.

The Odesa Firepit that I mentioned yesterday - currently 30% off is DCPI 009040106

I also discovered that there is a girls version of the Torrid bike. It is called the Magna Girls World Bike. Also 20" and they are purple in our store. Where the Torrid has a BMX number on the front, the girls bike has a backpack. It is DCPI 082050044. That is just one number off the boys number which ends in 5. Ours are still only at 50% but they had 4 of each.

I have been lurking around reading this forum for months now and I figured I would finally come on and say hello. I am an avid perimeter peruser and have been doing it for years, but I have learned so much since reading these forums. I was at my local Target this evening and happened to see The JBL Creature II speakers marked at 69.98. I scanned them and they scanned at 24.99....what a deal! I also happened to find some cushioned stadium seats by greatland on an endcap. When scanned they came up "not in system". I took em over to customer service and they were only 1.78. I bought 4 of them! These will be great when football season hits and I don't have to seat on the hard bleachers at my kids football games. I can't stop thinking of what other Targets I can hit this week! Thaks to everyone here and all the inside tips!

I have been lurking around reading this forum for months now and I figured I would finally come on and say hello. I am an avid perimeter peruser and have been doing it for years, but I have learned so much since reading these forums. I was at my local Target this evening and happened to see The JBL Creature II speakers marked at 69.98. I scanned them and they scanned at 24.99....what a deal! I also happened to find some cushioned stadium seats by greatland on an endcap. When scanned they came up "not in system". I took em over to customer service and they were only 1.78. I bought 4 of them! These will be great when football season hits and I don't have to seat on the hard bleachers at my kids football games. I can't stop thinking of what other Targets I can hit this week! Thaks to everyone here and all the inside tips!

Welcome to the forum, I am also fairly new here but this thread is what keeps me glued to the GD website. I hope you are able to find the other threads as useful as I have. :)

I got the same deal "red wine fridge" at another Target in our location going back tomorrow to look for more..and maybe attempt to get the deal another person put on this blog. I also still want that table! ahhhhh got have it!

Thanks for all the advice obi wan kenobi (AKA G)!!! Please teach me more of your wonderful shopping skills!:cheesy:

What type of car seat did you find for $32? We found the Pierson yesterday but since the box was open they refused to see it to us!!!:mad:

It was the Evenflo Triumph LX. I went to another local Target hoping to get another one for my husbands car. They had the exact same one at the full price of $129. Of course I scanned it and it was $129 :(

Today I was finally able to go looking and found the Ipod HI FI on clearance. Originally at 349.xx marked down to 297.xx buy when scanned it was 170.xx. In know it might go cheaper but heck. I also got 10% off for getting a target card. I’m just wondering about the save $15 on a $150.xx Purchase that’s in the coupon thread. Is that only for on line purchases? Or could I have used it for purchasing the Ipod along with the 10% for the card. And if so how do I find it to print it out. Thanks

Hello to all from the outskirts of Waukesha/Milwaukee Wisconsin!!! I'm not new to lurking but am to posting and want you all to know how much I appreciate all your knowledge. I've saved tremendously over the past several months!:D

Thought I'd share my finding yesterday with you.

Kleenex Dinner Napkins (White) 40 count 2-ply in a decorative dispenser. Reg $1.79 for .10 cents each!!! I bought all they had, 18 packs for a total of $1.80!!! These are really nice, thick ones. The decorative dispenser is just a 3-sided holder sealed in cellophane that the napkins come right out of, so perfect for anytime year round. Some of the dispensers were Christmas, but most are flowers, fruits, that kind of thing. They're actually very pretty. I found them by the other napkins/paper plates, not in a clearance area. I was so happy as I am constantly entertaining!!!! Super for the kids cold lunches too!!!

Will be going to 2 other targets today to get more!!!