Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Managed to find a few more 75% off toys.

Got 2 sets of Leap Frog lower case letters for the fridge phonics. $2.74 each.

Thanks to whoever posted this. I would never have known to scan it because they were still with the regular priced leap frog items.

Also got Leap Frog Bilingual Memory Mate card game for $1.22.

Dd is learning Spanish in 3rd grade so I think this will be a great game to help her along...and maybe I will learn something new too.

Found 1 more Science Wiz Energy Kit for $4.98. It was with the other regular priced Science Wiz kits. Energy is the only one that is 75% off.

And this week Target has the Honeywell 7 fin Oil Filled Radiator heater on sale for $29.00 plus you get a $5 gc. These heaters work great! Needed one for dd's room.

It is finally going to get cold here in NJ.

Now if we would just get some snow so I don't have to listen to dh whine about how he hasn't been able to use his new snowblower yet.

Definiatly pays off to keep checking! Found a Fly pen in the target exclusive red for only 12.48. Really happy to find that and the other day found a Amazing Alyssa doll too for 17.xx. Just when you think all the good stuff is gone you find more! Gotta love target!:D

I was looking for one of those fly pens but haven't found one yet.

The search continues.

Picked up a pair of women's black suede mules for $5.74. There were tons of toddler boy tennis shoes for $3.74. The clearance toys were non existant at my store and I also saw one Hello Kitty coffee pot for 75% off and there were about 6 ilamps for $7.48. Ladies hats/scarves/mittens/gloves were 75% off. Not all were, there were still many that were still 50% off so beware and scan before purchasing. There was a shelf of Hanes sweat pants and sweatshirts for toddler girls and boys for 98 cents each piece. There were a couple nice 3 in 1 coats in the mens department for 75% off, $14.xx each. Picked up two long sleeve crew neck sweaters for DH, one for $7.48 and one for $9.98. Not much else to report at my store in Appleton, WI, kind of a bummer. :(

The Science Wiz kit is STILL regular price at ours :( I scan it every day though...

I got a few deals:

footed sleepers (boys) 3.74

gloves 50%

mens leather driving gloves 7.28

boys (medium weight) jacket was 29.99 got it for 6.48

clearance toys are all gone :( aisles look very bare

did a perimeter walk and nothing good there either :( There is a carving knife, fork and case set that is normally 19.99 clearanced for 9.98...I'd like to get that for a bit less, so I'm gonna keep looking...our store still had some of the i-lamps too...no idea who I'd get one for, so I left those there

I popped in alone today and found kids t-necks (several colors/sizes) for $1.24 each

mens sweaters (lightweight) for $4.98

sterelite cake transporter (green base, white top) for $4.98

and the best -- boys snowboard pants for $4.98!

good on clothes, not so much on everything else; didn't even go into toys...can't look at another toy aisle for a few months

childofsolitude, any idea if/when the FlyPen Algebra software might be clearanced?

It was on sale here for $17.xx a while back. I still have it in my closet somewhere, I'll see if the red sticker is still on it and get back to you with a number....it was only a partial #, sorry, ripped tag.

Managed to find a few more 75% off toys.

Got 2 sets of Leap Frog lower case letters for the fridge phonics. $2.74 each.

Thanks to whoever posted this. I would never have known to scan it because they were still with the regular priced leap frog items.

Also got Leap Frog Bilingual Memory Mate card game for $1.22.

Dd is learning Spanish in 3rd grade so I think this will be a great game to help her along...and maybe I will learn something new too.

Found 1 more Science Wiz Energy Kit for $4.98. It was with the other regular priced Science Wiz kits. Energy is the only one that is 75% off.

And this week Target has the Honeywell 7 fin Oil Filled Radiator heater on sale for $29.00 plus you get a $5 gc. These heaters work great! Needed one for dd's room.

It is finally going to get cold here in NJ.

Now if we would just get some snow so I don't have to listen to dh whine about how he hasn't been able to use his new snowblower yet.

Thanks for the heads up on the Science Energy Wiz Kit, I found it for $4.98, my son will really like it.:)

If you happen to need new cookware, while I was at target a few minutes ago they were 2 sets of Calphalon cookware on sale on an end cap. I think they were called 'the essentals'. Both were marked down 50%, there was an 8 piece set and a 11 piece set.

Are these deals normally found at SuperTargets? I have watched this board since before Christmas and there are some great deals. Only when I go to check them out it is not at mine. For example the Method air freshners are still 6.XX and the Cascade is still at 12.XX and toys are still marked at 30%. I was wondering if this is becuase it is not a Super Target.

Are these deals normally found at SuperTargets? I have watched this board since before Christmas and there are some great deals. Only when I go to check them out it is not at mine. For example the Method air freshners are still 6.XX and the Cascade is still at 12.XX and toys are still marked at 30%. I was wondering if this is becuase it is not a Super Target.

I found my deals at a regular target. And just because it says 30%, if you see some you like, always scan it - I have found that for alot of things the sign says 30%, but it just might scan at 75%.:)

We dont' have super targets here either. The cascade has always been $12, I just lucked out to get the 80 with the green top for 1.25 since it scanned at 0. Method were only certain holiday and vanilla sents. The toys and other items are not all marked at 75%. I have learned rule 1 scan the items to check the price, many I purchased had no sale signs. Signs say 30% and up. Hope this helps. Good luck!

I went to my regular Target today, and I found a few things, but I really wanted those juice boxes! I did get a rolling metal cart for $9.xx, 75% off. I don't even know what I am going to use it for, but I just had to get it for that price. I saw the Nick n Nora pj's for little ds, but they were still $10.xx, so I passed on them. And they would have been cute because I have a pair with sock monkeys on them that dh bought me last year, and we could match.

So, I ventured over to the West York Target and found 4 of the $0.69 juice boxes! I bought all they had left. Thanks so much for posting about those! These are the type we always buy, so now my drink cabinet is full of extras.

I found $0.9x sweatshirts and pants for the little guy both places, and the while the snowpants were still 50% off, the snowboarding pants were 75% off. My big guy doesn't need the puffy pants, just ones that are water-resitant, incase we ever get some snow!

Got the ilamp for $7.4x..they had tons of them. Hubby thinks it's cool. And I found some fruit snacks and fruit twistables for cheap, so I am stocking up the pantry. I told dh that I may never buy regular priced snacks ever again as ds isn't picky at all.

I've always bought stuff on clearance at Target, but I didn't realize there was a little bit of reason to it. I figured they just marked down stuff that was discountinued at that particular store. Now, I have a new hobby, and I will quit complaining that when we moved, Target went from being 12 minutes away to 20, and I will go there more often again. lol

About the Playwonder kitchen toys--I too noticed that they went on clearance after Christmas and were promptly replaced with identical items for regular price sale. I would guess that the "summer" items like the grill, chef hat set, wood food sets that have BBQ items are considered seasonal and will go on clearance at the same time as the other seasonal items. The regular kitchen toys sets, since they are so new, will probably not be clearanced again for some time (this would include the blue/red items like the kitchen itself, pot/pan sets, etc). Basically, the ones in the summer aisle are likely to go to clearance before the ones in the middle of the toy section. I could be wrong, so it's always worth checking when you are there.

Thank you to those who posted information about the Play Wonder items! Hopefully, I will be able to find some of them clearanced in the months to come! I really like the Grocery Store, grocery cart, and the "summer" sets!

If anyone sees any of these on sale, I would appreciate it if you could post the information.

We are new to Gotta Deal and shopping at Target! Our closest Target is over an hour away so we do not get to go very often.

Many thanks!

Each Target is very different. I live relatively close to 3 Targets. When I was shopping before Christmas, I found a wall hanging at the smallest Target for 75% off and picked it up for my daughter for Christmas. (I believe it was in October.) Now the largest Target has marked the exact same wall hangings down to 30% off.

So you definitely have to check each Target. If you live close to one and find nothing but have a chance to go to another, it certainly can pay to check it out.

I do occasionally frequent a Super Target also but have never found a deal I have to have there. I do think it has more to do with how often I can go to that one. I find my best deals at the one closest to my house. Probably because I am in the store more often thus my odds go way up.

It was on sale here for $17.xx a while back. I still have it in my closet somewhere, I'll see if the red sticker is still on it and get back to you with a number....it was only a partial #, sorry, ripped tag.

Thanks for looking!

I wonder if the ones the Gator Town Target has are new packaging then. They're still scanning full retail.

Made my way and was dismayed to find that much of the snow gear is still only 30% off in NC Ohio. I did find some angora ladies gloves and such but it kept tickling my nose and I put it back. I also found a Texas Longhorn hat and gloves set for $2 or so. I got 2 pair of ladies boots for $6 each. Good deal because they have heels and are quite comfy and cute for work.

I went to Target today hoping to score 2 iLamps for my SIL's birthdays and luckily they had 2that were still in the boxes. They had about 5 other ones but they didn't have boxes, and they were still marked 14 something. The ones I got were 7.98, what a deal. I also noticed that the economy sized stuff that they brought in after Christmas was at 15% off today.

I also noticed that the economy sized stuff that they brought in after Christmas was at 15% off today.

I picked up some of those:

A 2pk Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal (the only cereal DS eats) for 4.24 and it includes 2 itunes downloads and a $1 off $15 itunes card coupon.

12 pack of Glaceau Smart Water for $10.18. The cheapest I've ever seen for it is $1 each and my yoga studio sells it for $2/bottle.

I went to the closest Target to me two days ago looking for the $17.48 firepit, but they were all gone.:( Well, today, I just happened to be driving past another Target and decided to go in and check for the firepit. They had two left!! This is my best find yet. Thanks to the people who posted information about the firepit. :cool: