DirecTV HD-DVR (HR20)

Just an FYI...Watch DTV when you call for new equipment upgrades these days...they don't sell equip at decent prices anymore because they want to lease you the equipment. If you want a new one to purchase/own, they will quote you a price 2-3x the price they used to offer the same piece of equipment before they moved to their leased equipment plans. I had previously upgraded to a (regular) Tivo DVR and bought it for $99...when I called back to order another, it was suddenly $399 to purchase, but only $99 if I wanted to lease it, plus the monthly fees. :eek: Found a new one on Ebay for $59.99 + shipping, took my chances and it worked out great. So, if you don't have any luck w/DTV directly, try Ebay, there are plenty of reputable dealers of DTV equipment on there.

We have the HD Tivo series and let me tell you, if I had to do it all over again, I would wait until all the bugs have been worked out. It infuriates me that we still have the bugs that we do (can't FF rewind, tuners are always needing to be reset, etc).

Sorry to rant! :o We did get ours through DirecTV. You may want to check with them to see if they have any deals. I think we paid $199 for ours and that was back when it first came out, just in time for DH's precious football season. He did win his Fantasy Football league this year, so I guess it was well worth it! ;)