Storage Tubs

Guest JeepMom

Walmart has great colors, yellow, blue, red, orange that could help sort items and even who owns what colors. I love the bright ones, but I did see Lowes had some good prices. I would look for onesthat are rubbermaid if the kids are going to use them, they stand up longer than the cheeper brands with lots of use. I find they run about $1 more, unless you can find a good sale, but they do last longer in what I have used.

Last year, we got some really good deals at Big Lots after Christmas. Like the chest of drawers with the 2 small drawers and then 2 large drawers in clear/white. But I agree, if you find the red and green tubs (like at Target) they will be on Clearance.

Good Luck!

I have found that you have to wait a couple weeks after Christmas for the red & green storage tubs to go on sale. The don't go on sale immediately after Christmas b/c everyone is buying them up to store their Christmas items.

Big Lots is a great place to look for storage containers.

I thought I saw a 30% off sign yesterday at Target. A lot of people were buying them. Also, I think Lowe's has all of that on sale. You may want to call or check the website first. After you organize your house, feel free to stop by and organize mine. LOL

I thought I saw a 30% off sign yesterday at Target. A lot of people were buying them. Also, I think Lowe's has all of that on sale. You may want to call or check the website first. After you organize your house, feel free to stop by and organize mine. LOL

I went by our Lowe's yesterday (Georgia) and the containers had signs indicating that they were excluded from the sale.

Amie

We are going to organize toys. So I'll need a bunch of sizes.

Where's the best deal?

January is "Get Organized Month" with most stores. If you can wait until after New Year's you can usually find some really good deals on all types of storage the first two weeks of January. We did this two years ago and updated a little last year. We went with wire cubes for part of it-built them like a shelving system and they were 50% off at Target and Meijer. Many other stores have these items then as well. Stack-a-shelf products usually go on big sale as well. The 3ft tall two-door cabinet makes a nice bookcase for kids.

I'm sure the tubs/totes go on sale then as well, since I have a ton of them and never pay full price, lol.

got a flyer in the mail today from Dollar General with Sterlite containers advertised. They have a website dollargeneral.com. Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...