Huge Home depot online problem

I am not sure if many of you order from them but I am posting this so you are aware of my horrible expereince before you place an order. I ordered several items from them back on 11/26 and was told everything was in stock and would ship in 5-7 days. Well, I got most of my items 2 weeks later except for one lonely blender that wasn't shipped. I waited a few days and sent several emails to the company with no response. TOo make a long story short. I have spoke to 12 different people including supervisors and the secretary to the CEO. I was always told someone would get back to me since the blender was in stock no could tell me why it never shipped. Well here it is another day I was told I would get a call and no phone call. SO I guess the only thing my mother wanted for Christmas is not coming and I need to battle a store tomorrow to find one. I just wanted you to beware since I was also told my credit card was charged for this even though it was not shipped. I have my CC company looking into it.

I had the same problem with Disneyshopping.com. They gave me the run around for 2 weeks. When they finally wrote me back they told me (yesterday) they were now out of stock, thanks alot. It was something for my wife and now it's too late to get anything like what I orignally ordered.

I am not sure if many of you order from them but I am posting this so you are aware of my horrible expereince before you place an order. I ordered several items from them back on 11/26 and was told everything was in stock and would ship in 5-7 days. Well, I got most of my items 2 weeks later except for one lonely blender that wasn't shipped. I waited a few days and sent several emails to the company with no response. TOo make a long story short. I have spoke to 12 different people including supervisors and the secretary to the CEO. I was always told someone would get back to me since the blender was in stock no could tell me why it never shipped. Well here it is another day I was told I would get a call and no phone call. SO I guess the only thing my mother wanted for Christmas is not coming and I need to battle a store tomorrow to find one. I just wanted you to beware since I was also told my credit card was charged for this even though it was not shipped. I have my CC company looking into it.

I was fortunate, too. All my orders have been delivered the next day (they pull from our local store) and it was free delivery, too.

I will tell you that I will never order from Home Depot again. This same thing happened to me last year and it was a horrible experience! Their customer service staff (at least the ones that I dealt with) were nice enough but not helpful at all. They could not fix the problem. I remember that all I wanted was my order - how hard could that be to just SHIP IT?!*&^@#

After Thanksgiving, my hubby bought some laser sets online for his crew at work as Christmas gifts...$9, regular price $39. HD said they were in stock, no problem. Then a few days ago he found out they cancelled his order. Claimed our credit card didn't go through. Discover says there is no problem with it, and that HD has the problem. We had to rush out and try to find other gifts. My stepmom went through heck with them over some carpet she ordered...three months later it was still not installed and she had to cancel...with a fee for cancelling which they said they would waive, but did not! Neighbor across the street had new replacement windows installed only to find out on closer inspection that three of them had tiny cracks in them. Took forever to get them to come replace them...they wanted to ship them to her and have her install them herself! Needless to say, we go to Lowe's when possible. Only buy things at Home Depot that are not likely to have problems and are straight off the shelf. :(

P.S. My neighbor went without countertops for 3 weeks while waiting for HD to get it together and install the granite countertops she had ordered and prepaid for. No sink, no oven, nothing. Major expense when it came to dining out almost everyday for 3 weeks straight with a family of 6.

jw109- DId it ever get resolved?? I had to call again today, then I called our local TV station which may take the story. But I know exactly what you mean. They promise all this help and nobody ever comes through!

Rebecca- yes I did get it resolved after a few hours on the phone talking with different customer service reps. I was persistant and would not give up. But then after getting it resolved, they had charged me again (total order of over $500) and had to credit my account for the first order (same exact dollar amount!!) which didn't make sense to me and of course caused another problem because it was out of my checking account and it took 4 business days for them to have credited my account. What a huge mess and trust me, I will not be shopping with them again! :mad:

Finally got a phone call back yesterday after talking with a supervisor (they really do nothing to help) everyday this past week. The woman said in her message that she would resolve this and get my blender shipped. One I do not need it anymore and two I have heard this how many times already. I had to call back and leave her a message which stilll has not been returned. We also will not be shopping there. I am still waiting for an account credit.

Well don't ever buy appliances there to be delivered. My husband threatened a divorce if I didn't get a washer in the house by the next day. (but that's another story...) The old one had only been broke for 2 days. So I went to HD the next morning (lowe's was to far to hit before work) and picked it out of their inventory. Gave me troble complainging about how they weren't sure if they could deliver it.. blah blah blah.

The guy that came to deliver it. Wouldn't even unwrap it or take it off the pallet until I asked him to because I didn't have a place to dispose of it. He said "Well I saw a roll off dumpster at the front I can just put it in there". Hello that is called illegal dumping!!

Lowes would have wheeled it inside and hooked it up and made sure it worked.

Apparently there is a different company that does internet ordering deliveries. Because they will (so I heard) hook it up. Where store ordering won't, if you need it right away.

We bought our side by side at HD last year. They delivered and installed the new one for us but my dad had to bully them into taking our old one with them :)

I bought the extended warranty with this refridgerator because our last one pooped out on us after just 4 years (we bought that at Sears). Well our ice dispenser has given up on us now right after the manufacturers warranty is up - so I call the HD warranty center and they are shipping us the part for my dh to install himself. :rolleyes:

Well, needless to say I have had nothing but headaches with the customer service department at Home Depot.com. Ordered an electric fireplace on 11/29/2006 took about19 days to deliver the item. It was scheduled for delivery on 12/05/2006 finally received it on 12/16/2006. The electric insert had a piece broken, and called Home Depot.com and they said they did not have any more but gave me number to company to try to replace part. Well, after calling 4 different people, no one could get part and said it wasn't their problem. Talked to home depot.com, all we wanted was a replacement insert couldn't get it but they would let us return the product. Stated it was not their propblem either, all they could do is issue return authorization. I then had to wait 5 business days for paperwork to return item, and then had to wait 2 more days to get it picked up. Here is the part that really irks me. Was told originally on date I had the authorization to return to call home depot back once item was picked up then they would start the refund policy. So I called on 12/28/2006, gave shipping number was on hold for 20 minutes, told me roadway could not verify that number probably because it was just picked up and not it computer. Ok, makes sense, well called back next day was told roadway was closed couldn't verify tracking number, advised them you could go in computer and see package was in Nashville, TN not good enough. Had to call back today and was told that refund wasn't issude until product was in warehouse. I talked to supervior about this and she was nice, but could not understand why I would be told to call back 3 times to verify this. Needless to say I am still mad, and have wasted over 2 hours of my time dealing with people. Hopefully, I will never have to talk to them again, That is if I get my refund. I will never order from home depot again.:(