when is wal mart bringing out the left over lay a way items

drckiss

OK regular layaways had to be out by the 9th and employees has until the 15th because their payday was the 14th. So layaways have been put back. However they are not going to clearance the stuff because most of it was HOT items this year that flew off the shelves when it WAS put back out. The best time to check for these items is first thing(and I mean first thing) in the morning because the night stockers put them back and they are out of there by 7am. Moot point since this is the last layaway year.

So does this mean that the items will not be in any special area but just back on the shelf were it normally would be sold at? I was at my WM today and did not see anything thing that looked as if it might have been in layaway, but then I was looking for a clearance or any area that might be where they would have put all the items together. So where do you find the items? Anyone know?

Today, I found a cart while I was perusing WalMart and it was full of items that I for the life could not figure out what they were, but they MUST have been layaway items. The selection didn't seem like "go-backs". Anyway, nothing on clearance, but I did find a FP Digital Camera.

Good Luck!

So does this mean that the items will not be in any special area but just back on the shelf were it normally would be sold at? I was at my WM today and did not see anything thing that looked as if it might have been in layaway, but then I was looking for a clearance or any area that might be where they would have put all the items together. So where do you find the items? Anyone know?

Yes they go back on the shelf in the regular spot.

I saw a post on here a few weeks ago I think about wal mart bringing out the left over lay a way items that were not picked up and putting them on clearance, can anyone enlighten me on this information

I used to work at walmart (not in that dept.) but as far as I remember It goes back to the shelf or dept it came from. They don't just put it on clearance. It will only be a clearance item if it is an item that has sold out and don't plan to carry anymore (such as an out of season clothing item). It usually takes several weeks for them to go through all of the layaways. They don't simply put it back out. They have to go through each layaway and take it out of the layaway system, scan each item and put it back into the system. Walmart has always shut their layaway around mid dec. anyway and it always took them til new years to get it all cleaned out. Therefor you will not see it all out at once. Its been a while since i worked there, they may have a new system about it but not very likely.