Opened "New" Games at Gamestop

I went to Gamestop yesterday to get my kids some games from Santa and was disappointed when I looked at them. They have a "New" sticker on them but there is no celephane wrap around them. Them price is stuck right to the actual game case. There was no security sticker or anything. It makes me wonder????? Feels like I paid all that money for a used game. Anyone else have this problem?

Gamestop gets some of their games shipped seperately from their boxes since the boxes are out for display and they could easily be stolen. If it's a brand new game (meaning it was just released very recently) they should have a shrink wrapped version. If not, chances are it is a new copy of the game it's just it's in the display box so it's not wrapped up. Give the disk a look over to see if it looks scratched or anything. You can always call them and see if they have another copy sealed, but chances are they don't.

Gamestop gets some of their games shipped seperately from their boxes since the boxes are out for display and they could easily be stolen. If it's a brand new game (meaning it was just released very recently) they should have a shrink wrapped version. If not, chances are it is a new copy of the game it's just it's in the display box so it's not wrapped up. Give the disk a look over to see if it looks scratched or anything. You can always call them and see if they have another copy sealed, but chances are they don't.

That's it. Hubby was a manager for EB games for long time. When games come in, they "gut" them. They take out the disks & put the boxes out to prevent theft. On any new release, or a really hot title, they should have some sealed copies behind the register in a big glass case. Chances are if the one you got is open, it's either the last copy, or they simply didn't have any that were un-opened. Rest assured it is a new game, as they were sued a few years ago. You were allowed to return a game within 7 days for a full refund. They no longer do this with open games because due to the lawsuit, they can no longer re-sell a "new" returned game as new. Made alot of people mad, because now, once you open it you are stuck with it.