Church Youth group Gift for Gift Exchange

t_mulkey

My son will be attending a church youth group lock-in/gift exchange on Wednesday. They have to take a $10 gift that would be for either a boy or girl. Last year we did the gift card thing, but the youth director said they could not bring gift cards this year. The age group is 12 - 18. Any suggestions?

Target has a bunch of Napoleon Dynamite characters that would be a huge hit. I believe they were in the price range.

The Jones Soda holiday packs are great, too. Target carries them as well, but if not, just the Jones Soda bottles would be great.

Our youth group also has a holiday lock-in but in lieu of a gift exchange they bring $10 worth of canned goods for the local food pantry. I suppose that it's too late in the planning process for that idea but maybe keep it in mind for next year?

I agree with the earlier post about the 20 Questions game. It's tons of fun and appropriate for those age levels.

The 20 questions is a great one, but they also have some great little gifts at walmart and target in the pre-wrapped stuff. Plan ahead for next year. (ie buy them after christmas for 50% off :) ). I buy the shooters (they shoot little soft disks out and the teens love them), I buy the wood puzzles.. you know the golf ts in the triangle, and about 6 others come with them. Also the metal puzzles that you have to take apart. The other big hit is silly string. :) My kids say the kids always love the stuff they bring....