Car CD Player..HELP! Any Suggestions?

SueInCali

Hi all,

I think I wanna surprise my hubby and get an AM/FM/CD player for the car. :)

Of course, it's a surprise. SHHHHH! So, I need some help. Does anyone have any ideas where I can find a nice one for a great price? Any special features I need to keep in mind?

Thanx in advance! ;)

Ummm...I am thinking maybe in the low $100's? Don't really need all the bells and whistles, just a reliable model that can play CD/CDR/maybe MP3 (not ventured into that arena yet). I am leaning towards a Pioneer or maybe a Kenwood. They seem like the leading brands?

I will look at the BB flyer tomorrow, I was there today just to get a looksee. Thought maybe you kind people could find me a better deal.

Despite seeing the Overstock low price for one of the Pioneer's, I just couldn't get myself to buy a "factory reconditioned" unit.

So, I think I will get down to BB today (the HORROR!) and use a 12% off coupon for being a "rewards" customer(expires today) and use the $40 BB bucks that I have from a previous purchase earlier this year.

I will then take Brad's advice and get the Pioneer DEH-P2600. They are also offering a set of free speakers and free installation as well. I think I can get a co-worker to install it for me (appointments are backed up a week). Seems like they can throw in little extra charges during installation, so I trust that my co-worker can do it (used to install them for a living).

So, thanks to all for the ideas. And, thanks Brad. :)

Well, not to worry about the speakers. Because I used my ENTITLED 12% off coupon and my BB bucks, they decided to charge me for the speakers. No big loss, as I really am not interested in changing them anyway. I told them to keep them and secure them somewhere special.

Just the idea that they can take away something that they say is free with purchase is a reason I am not a huge BB fan. If I didn't have those BB bucks that were expiring, I would have gone elsewhere.

I guess I am one of them there "devils"? :)