got my eolm tmx at tru

jade#1

last night i went to tru to exchange a ds game and they were taking forever to help the cashier didnt know how to do the exchange and she had to call other people and while i was there they were looking for a walkie talkie and moving some bags and saw 2 elmos tmx so i asked the cashier if i could see it to see what the big deal was i had my 1 year old and i didnt see anything special it was in this little box you couldnt even see the toy inside then the cashier opens a flap and elmo starts talking and my some went crazy smiling and laughing so i bought it on the spot for 26.00 i had a 20% off coupon and a 3.00 off card that my daughter got for her birthday and a 5.00 off coupon if you spend 25.00 so it turned out to be a good deal

wow! that was an awesome deal. myself, just like alot of others, paid $125 for it. then to my amazement my local WM had them on every end cap in the toy isle today! so this evening i am sitting down and writing mr neil freidman at fisher price a nice letter! i cant beleive FP lead the world to beleive that there was going to be this HUGE shortage and 2 weeks b4 christmas they flood the market with them! And in my opinion i beleive that sony, nintendo, and all other toy companies need to make it a law or something that their items can not be sold at crazy prices for the profit of others! well, just wanted to vent! happy holidays from my family to yours!:yup:

Good job on gettting elmo.

This may not be a popular opinion but everyone had an opportunity to pre-order Elmo. (I did for both my daughters)The shortage = big sales because everyone wants to have the "must have" gift. The prez of FP won't care that you are upset b/c his strategy worked. The "top secret" scam worked like a charm, too. (I fell for it!!)

The "going rate" of these hot toys is only the "going rate" b/c people pay it. Just like in real estate, if no one will pay $125 for an Elmo or $600 for PS system, there won't be the pople that make 200% profit on selling the "must have" toys. You can't sell houses anymore like you used to for way over market value (at least not in the DC area).

I'm not trying to be a butt-head, just making a point. :)

hello all, got through to neil freidman's PA at FP and told him how i felt. needless to say, he has had many emails, letters, calls, and all that good stuff. and i was given an e certificate for $85 to spend at Fp and partner sites!!($125 my price-$40 in store price) still not happy about the whole situation, but i am kind of satisfied now! merry christmas to all

i got the coupon in the mail i registered online along time ago and i get 20% off coupons every few months and my kids are registered for their birthdays and you get a 3.00 off card for their birthday and a 5.00 off coupon if you spend 25.00 or more

Finally. I ordered my TMX from TRU online on Dec. 13th and used Google check out for another $10.00 off. I just got the e-mail that it has been shipped and will be here on Dec. 20th. I got nervous and called yesterday and they said it takes about 3 days after the order for it to ship....so you should be OK.