DEAD: ACP-EP Memory 1GB Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Free After Rebate @ Buy.com

Brad

http://ak.buy.com/db_assets/prod_images/796/203482796.jpg

Buy.com has the ACP-EP Memory 1GB Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Mini Flash Drive for FREE after $30 in mail-in rebates and $20 Google Checkout discount. Free shipping is also included.

ACP-EP Memory 1GB Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Mini Flash Drive - Free After Rebate @ Buy.com

$30 Rebate Form (Expires December 13, 2006)

No free shipping if you use google checkout :confused:

Mal

Really? That is the first I have heard of that.

Are you sure you picked the proper shipping? I think that by default, Buy.com picks an expedited shipping method. You have to manually change it to free shipping if you want to take advantage of that.

Edit:

Confirmed. You have to choose "Budget" (7-9 Days) shipping at the time of checkout for the free shipping. The default shipping is "Standard" at 3-5 days.

Carefull. They don't have this item in the stock. It says COMING SOON they are not even sure when they are getting this item.

I am waiting for this item since Nov. 29. I talked to customer service, they are not sure when they are getting this item. Only solution they suggest to cancel the order.

if it's not a christmas gift I guess this is a great deal!!

Does this work the same as an sd card? I have a 1gb sd card for my digital camera and when it gets full I transfer my pictures to cd, so would I be able to hold more pictures on this memory flash drive than on my sd card or would it be the same?

Could I prevail upon anyone out there to post a link to the original rebate forms for this thing? I was using a friend's computer when I ordered it, so I didn't download and keep the rebate forms. Now, when I visit this flash drive's product page on Buy.com, it only displays the $20 rebate that's still active, so I assume there's an additional $10 rebate form that I can no longer access.

If anyone out there can help, I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

I bought two of the ACP-EP drives the other day. One SnowDrive and one SurfDrive, their 2 GB drives that were free AR. The SnowDrive did not work when I got it, so I called ther customer support and talked to a guy there who was very polite. He said it sounded like the partition had become corrupted somehow. He gave me a merchandise return number and said ship it back and they would replace it for me. Within 48 hours I received my replacement drive by 2nd day express delivery. Now that is what I call customer service.:yup:

Re: rebate forms

It seems I'm prevented from providing the direct links to the forms...

So, put an http colon whack whack in front of ak.buy.com, then add:

for the $20 form:

/buy_assets/retail/pdfs/06Q4/1211-1217ml_new20acp.pdf

for the $10 form:

/buy_assets/retail/pdfs/06Q4/1211-1213ml_new10acp.pdf

Alternately, look up your order on buy dot com, then view the receipt. The receipt has direct links to these same files.

jd

Re: invoice purchase date

The invoice indicates the ship date, but the buy dot com generated receipt (described above as an alternate way to get the links to the rebate forms) clearly indicates on the third line the actual purchase date.

This puzzle is tricky, but it's worth the $30.

jd