electric fireplace

We have gas logs for our fireplace. They have a thermostat so they kick on and off like a furnace would. LOVE them! They are in our downstairs where it was always so cold in winter we couldn't stay down there. Now, it can stay nice and toastie but doesn't get too warm because they are on too long. I don't know if they have the same kind of thermostat for electric ones but I would highly, highly recommend it if they do.

We were at Lowes and home depot yesterday. Lowes did have some clearanced..but not what we are after. We have to have electric--we don't have gas at all. (We live in the sticks!!) Can I ask how much of a discount was there on the one you bought? They haven't discounted them too terribly much here yet.

We Paid 461.00 For Whole Deal

WOW...how big was that? We got one for 269 last year...just the insert part, and hubby crafted a surround for it. With the surround it would have been about what you paid and that was regular price for the largest that Menards sells.

BF, I got a small cast iron look one for an excellent price at Menards. It heats my bedroom wonderfully on those cold nites. I think we paid 59. Since then we have seen the exact thing in ads for 89 and up.

Wait till January, Lowes usually clearances them out first of the year.

I agree, Lowe's is a clearance extravaganza in January.

LOL - I was in there the other day and I would prefer an electric fireplace, however no money/time/help to install right now, but I was looking at them. I have an older home and it has a brick surrounding for a fireplace with a mantle (looks like someone may have had a gas or electric hook-up there previously). Well I was in Lowe's and got some fake crackling logs :lolrun: It is actually kind of cute it has a orange light under the fake logs with a bar that twirls with like thick tinsel type of stuff on it - which creates the crackling sound. I had a merchandise credit to spend, so I asked an employee where to find the item, of which he says no way they are out, he finds that the display is the only one left and offers it to me for $25 ($45 regular price) I say fine, use my merch. credit and only pay $11 :D