Help finding a fundraiser, PLEASE.

My guess is she will make the most money with a job in a restaurant etc. You can

make quite a bit with tips and maybe she can have a jar/pin showing that her tips

are going for her European trip.

There is always the usual car wash, bake sales, snow shoveling, leaf raking.

She might try a raffle (she would make a lot of $$ if she raffled something big

like a PS3 or Wii etc) maybe she could even get one donated or get a discount

from the retailer.

Good Luck

Not sure where your located. Our cheerleaders did a fundraiser with Outback Steakhouse. They sold tickets for a specific day for 10.00 each and Outback only charged 2.50 to the cheerleaders. There was a limited menu and it was a one day deal, purchasers had to come on that day, not anytime they wanted.

Also try local news/media. Let them know your daughter was choosen for this honor, in our area they eat this stuff up. They may be able to get the word out for donations.

Guest JeepMom

Check with papa murpy's if you have one. No cash up front, sell coupon cards for $5, you pay back $1.

I'm doing a big fund raiser in the spring ,we're hosting a BBQ and reqesting donations. You could just do a dinner party with appitizers or something like that.

If you get lucky, find a bike or pair of bikes on clearance..we did this for our dance costumes. I found a pair of mountain bikes marked down to 25.00 each at target a couple years ago. I printed up raffle tickets and me and my girls sold them all over, 2.00 a ticket or 6 for 10.00(buy 5 get one free) and they made about 260.00...I took back out my 50.00 I spent on the bikes and the rest went to my girls costumes! family and friends love to buy raffle tickets!!

Dominos Pizza has a good fundraiser. You buy a card for buy a large get a large free.

The price of the card is 10.00 for those who buy, and you get to keep 9.00 of it. At least thats the way it was last year when a friend was selling for her daughter. Good Luck:yup:

Pizza Hut and Chuck E Cheese let groups do fundraisers around here. They get a night and then get a cut of the sales from that night.

Maybe if she was chosen for a particular reason (sports, music, business, etc), you could get a local company in that field to help sponsor her.

Our school started doing the best fundraiser ever a few years ago. They are called "bear bucks". They go around to local businesses and restaurants and they will donate a discount. They print these up at the school and laminate them. They sell for $10 each, and are so useful. We save so much $$ with ours.

Since there is little-no cost, maybe you could include all the kids?

Here are some examples of ours:

free appetizer w/ purchase of 2 entrees (at a couple of good restaurants)

Subway- buy one 6 inch combo, get a 6 inch free

Sonic- 10% off

Pizza Hut- 20% off

rent 1 new release, get 1 free at a local movie store

$2 off haircuts at a couple of local salons

McDonalds, B1G1 Big Macs

free 2 liter w/ any pizza purchase at the gas station

Our school makes a killing off of these. So much that the top 3 sellers in each classroom get 10, 20, 30 gift certificates to WM, and the top 5 in the school get 60, 70, 80, 90, 100. They take a field trip to WM to christmas shop w/ the prizes.

Any new ideas, anyone?? :)

oliviasgrace, I never would have thought of the bowling alley! We're loving the ideas. jcarr492, when you did the raffle, did you just draw the winning tickets at your house or do it at some event?

I put the date/time/place the drawing would take place..which was my house and I got my neighbor(who didn't buy any tickets..they were elderly and can't ride) draw the two tickets out since they had no investment in tickets..kwim? When we sold the tickets, they kept the part that had the drawing info on it and were told if they want to be present when we draw the tickets(mainly so they know it was fair) to come on over at least 15min prior to the drawing. I just did it in front of my garage. Not everyone showed up..we had about 10 people come and one of the winners were there. LOL It was great fun and no one complained or anything. Its no different than taking money for superbowl squares too, kwim? Thats something else you can do too...superbowl squares...do 100 squares at 10.00 a square. I'm not sure how it works..but do 4 quarters...each quarter winner gets 150.00, since theres 4 quarters that will be like 600.00 out of the pot and the other 400.00 left goes to your daughter for her trip...just make sure everyone knows that ahead of time that it is for a cause and that the pot will be split 60/40..60% going back for the winners pot and 40% going to the trip for your daughter! JUST LIKE a regular fundraiser..like selling candy and etc....you usually only get 40% of your sales anyhow. Don't know how fast she needs the money..but if it can wait till superbowl..you got it made with men! lol and do the bikes or something...hold a garage sale too! Go through ALL your stuff in the house/storage, grandparents too...then when you make the ad, be sure to state that it is a fundraiser garage sale with 100% of the funds going to your daughters trip, etc.!! I did a garage sale last year for both dd's costumes too and we raised about 300.00 only leaving me 50.00 to fork out of my own pocket!

go to a wholesale club. Buy boxes of candy bars. Usually only comes out to .45 or lower a bar. Sell them for $1 a bar. You can ask different business to stand out front and sell them. My mom does this for the Bingo kitchen she volunteers at. Nice profit. I know when my son sold candy bars, my husband took them to work and sold almost a box a night for him. Needless to say he was a top seller.

Given that she is 17 though, advertise for babysitting or get a fast food job. OR go to a diner for a waitress job.

When I was in high school, we bought Blow Pops by the box and sold them at the football/basketball games for 0.25 each. We would sell out! We also dealt with Krispy Kreme. Once a year, we would take orders for their doughnuts (which are so yummy) and make 50% profit from the sales. That went over great. There were girls on my team that sold over 100 boxes. When I was selected to go to Europe for cheerleading, we taught cheer camps. That racked in a lot of money!!