Best Buy is starting "Back Ordering"

Cannon1

Hi All, You remember when we jumped on the BB purchase of DVD sets during BF?? :confused: Well here come the excuses!!!!:mad::confused:

Dear Best Buy Customer:

An item you recently ordered is still on backorder NOTE: IT WASN'T ON BACKORDER WHEN I PUCHASED TEN DAYS AGO:eyepoppin !!!. We are making every effort to deliver your order, but you may not receive it by December 24.:gdlaugh: :If you do not need this item by December 24, please disregard this e-mail. NO, OF COURSE NOT, I ONLY ORDERED IT 30 DAYS IN ADVANCE!!!!! If you do need this item by December 24, blah, blah, blah, ...

Sincerely,

Best Buy Customer Care (a.k.a. Customers aren't really .....:2banned2: )

Can you see any frustration here????:eek: Well at least us 100+K folks here got most of our shopping done! (And yes, I did offer to pick up at either location, both 30+ miles away), and oh as far as a reply:

This is an auto-acknowledgement indicating we have received your inquiry. Due to our higher than normal volumes, we will respond to your inquiry within 48 to 72 hours. We apologize for the delay.

Best Buy doesn’t change; I don’t shop them anymore because of stuff like this. Last year I bought the 42" plasma for $1500 online on Thanksgiving day(great deal at the time). They authorized the charge on my credit card and sent me a receipt, then the following day they sent me an email that they were all out of the TV and had to cancel my order due to them not getting the amount they expected from the manufacturer! I called “India” at least 10 times to no avail. Sad thing is on the Monday following Black Friday (when the sale was over) they someone got a bunch in stock. Yeah for Best Buy, the company that would sell their mother if it benefited them.

i got the same email today..but i had already ordered items that were already backordered...so i knew of it beforehand...plus i dont need to have these items before the 24th so i am fine there...i think this is a w y of telling people that your item/s might not be available before christmas and that if you couldnt wait to either find it at another best buy store or go elesewhere..all in a friendly manner of course...lol

hope you all get the things in time!!!

Pre-Order Update

December 04, 2006

Order Number: BBY01-********

Dear Kathleen:

There's been a change to the release date for your pre-ordered item.

The new release date is 09/27/2003. Your order details are listed below.

Get more information on this order by checking your order status.

You can also call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) with any questions. For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

Thank You.

Best Buy Customer Care

Order Date: 11/29/2006

Qty

Product Description

DDRMAX2 Dance Dance Revolution-PlayStation 2

UH, OK. Does anyone see the problem here? I called, and the stupid woman had no clue why I was calling. I finally told her- "well, according to your email, the item was released 3 years ago". She put me on hold because she needed to speak to her supervisor. She came back, and said "the release date has changed to 9/27/2003". After several minutes of trying to explain it to her, to no avail, I hung up.

Pre-Order Update

December 04, 2006

Dear Kathleen:

You can also call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) with any questions. For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

Thank You.

Best Buy Customer Care

Qty

Product Description

UH, OK. Does anyone see the problem here? I called, and the stupid woman had no clue why I was calling. I finally told her- "well, according to your email, the item was released 3 years ago". She put me on hold because she needed to speak to her supervisor. She came back, and said "the release date has changed to 9/27/2003". After several minutes of trying to explain it to her, to no avail, I hung up.

Lol

heee heee, that is soooo funny,... a few weeks ago they were offering a deal, it was a 5$ off if you paid with your mastercard deal.. the item also had free shipping... when I was set to check out I noticed that the item was free, but the coupon would cost 1.95 to ship?!?!?!? I called India and also dealt with the no clue people....

why would they ship a coupon I've already redeemed?????

Pre-Order Update

December 04, 2006

Dear Kathleen:

Thank You.

Best Buy Customer Care

Qty

Product Description

Is that possibly when the game came out?? I still don't know why they would put it under status though...

cotejb, the game has been out for at least since Aug05 when we bought it. But you bring up a good point, I assume it is a newer PS2 version, with new songs, images etc.... Maybeeeeee thats where the confusion is? In a nutshell, disc in the game platform, monitor to mimic the moves (left foot in, left foot out, left foot in and you....), and a mat about 3'x3' to stand/dance on. Gets progressively harder i.e. faster beat, more rapid progression of step combinations, and as you master, you receive more songs & images. Has kept both of ours busy and exercised as well as the week end get togethers, both boys and girls.

UPDATE (03) days after original post.

"The items listed below are now packed and ready to leave our warehouse. Your credit card (or Gift Card) has been charged for the items."

Hmmm, thanx for raising me old blood preassure......