Dell Inspiron 1501 (AMD/1GB/80GB/DVD-RW/WiFi) $649 - Dell.com

ihavegotnewsock

I don't know how much longer this deal will be up but it beats anything else dell has to offer hands down. Dual core processor, 1 gig ddr2 ram, 80 gig 5400 rpm hard drive, truelife lcd which is their upgrade, 15.4" screen and a dvd burner to boot. All this for $649. It's the best deal I know because I had the dell rep try and find a better one and I myself have been trying for a while.

http://img.dell.com/images/global/products/100x100/inspn_1501.jpg

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&oc=DNPHHY1&s=dhs

Dell Inspiron 1501 for $649

• AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-50
  • Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
  • 15.4 inch Wide Screen XGA Display with TrueLife™
  • 1GB DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz, 2 Dimm
  • 80GB Hard Drive
  • 8X CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability
  • ATI RADEON® Xpress1150 256MB HyperMemory™ (Integrated)
  • 53 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
  • Dell Wireless 1490 802.11a/g Mini Card (54Mbps)
  • 1Yr Ltd Warranty and Mail-In Service

i didn't verify the link or anything but just a tip for building dells... always check the small business area for laptops. they can have some pretty nice deals. and for laptops, dual core is not always better unless you multi task a lot... i ordered basically the same system a few wks ago from dell out of the small business section, except it had the turion mk-36 2ghz cpu, for $549. i dont think they have that price any longer though

we bought a dell and not even a month later hard drive was bad and they shipped us a refurbished one that we had to install ourselves... and if we didn't ship the bad one out by a certain date they were going to charge us over 100 dollars for.. I was ticked the computer wasn't even 1 month old and we got a used part........I wan't to ship the whole thing back because we have had problems before with dell. I didn't order the computer my husband did not listening to me!!! I don't feel you should pay close to 800 dollars for a new computer and be shipped refurbished pieces to fix it...

I've only had great experiences with Dell. We've bought two refurb'd laptops and great experiences both times. In fact, my a/c cord went bad on this laptop in April, right after I got the laptop. I called them up, they shipped a new one the same day, I sent my old one back in their postage paid box.

3dnick - I suggest calling them and telling them you expect a brand new hard drive. What kind of warranty plan did you get with the original laptop purchase?

i didn't verify the link or anything but just a tip for building dells... always check the small business area for laptops. they can have some pretty nice deals. and for laptops, dual core is not always better unless you multi task a lot... i ordered basically the same system a few wks ago from dell out of the small business section, except it had the turion mk-36 2ghz cpu, for $549. i dont think they have that price any longer though

Does have to have an business to order through Dell's Small Business?