Is this a really dumb or a really great idea?

amyers12345

I fell victim to the Amazon 90% off sale, and I have a couple of the little tikes flashlights for the kids. These were a lot of extra wrapping and in hard to wrap packages. I bought some huge (about 3 1/2 foot) stockings at the Dollar Tree, and filled them up. (and still had left overs)

Then I got reindeer antlers and blinking noses at the DT, and decided to leave these with the stockings and tell the kids that they have been so good this year that they received the super-sized "rudolph stockings" and tell them that only a few kids get them every year, and they got really lucky. (to cover my butt if sales aren't this good next year)

What do you guys think?

I fell victim to the Amazon 90% off sale, and I have a couple of the little tikes flashlights for the kids. These were a lot of extra wrapping and in hard to wrap packages. I bought some huge (about 3 1/2 foot) stockings at the Dollar Tree, and filled them up. (and still had left overs)

Then I got reindeer antlers and blinking noses at the DT, and decided to leave these with the stockings and tell the kids that they have been so good this year that they received the super-sized "rudolph stockings" and tell them that only a few kids get them every year, and they got really lucky. (to cover my butt if sales aren't this good next year)

What do you guys think?

I think you rock!!!! how old are your kiddos? and well you have just made magical memories for your children that no one can undo!

BRAVO!!!!!!

Thanks! DD is 2 and DS is 7. How old are yours?

mine are 9,11, and 13 and well let me tell ya age doesnt matter... when yours are close to my childrens ages you will find everything you possibly can to keep the "magic alive".....for example, somewhere on this site someone posted a free email from santa...well i thought maybe mine wouldnt believe it...HAHA to me...they absolutely believed they got an email from santa...OK OK so they checked my email and the dh's email to make sure we werent tryin to pull the wool over thier eyes LOL....my 9 yr old even tried to hit reply to santa to see if it came to me...well it didnt...

my point you are doing a GREAT thing by your children...especially since they cant check emails like mine(LOL) ENJOY this time of year!!! You are making memories that NO ONE can undo!...

I still say BRAVO TO YOU! what a GREAT MOM your children have!

oh, yeah, that is great. Be sure to pass them along to someone else so the kids don't find them... and a story about where they went...

That's a good idea too!

I wouldn't be surprised if my son knew how to do that. It seems they would rather teach them computers in 1st grade than making sure they know how to zip their coat and tie their shoes.:rolleyes:

I love it!!! I think it is awesome idea!

I always tell my 5 yo ds that elves stopped by while he was at school or in bed, etc. I will mention something 'they' said about something he did recently, and his eyes get so big because he thinks they really are watching him. Then, he's really good for the next few days because 'Santa is watching'. lol I threaten to call Santa on 'his cell' all the time too. I think I have more fun with it then ds does.