Did anyone else have this happen?

sbixby

I was so excited to start decorating today until I moved the sofa!:( Yuck! We have a brown berberish type carpet so until I moved the sofa I didn't realize how cruddy that "one spot" where my husband sits has gotten. (I teach and I am in gradutate school so I don't even remember to take the clean laundry out of the washer and put it into the dryer sometimes.) I thought I would spot clean until I went into my son's room and looked around. Evidently the dog has been "visiting" under his desk and he neglected to tell anyone. (He's been "cleaing" it with papertowels and air freshener:mad: instead of the Little Green Machine!) So instead of just regular cleaning and decorating, I trucked off to the grocery store, rented a steam cleaner and ended up cleaning ALL the carpets in the house. I am exhausted and I know the decorations will shine all the more with the clean clean clean carpets but it's winter and they are going to take forever to dry.

So, did anyone else have to do some unexpected cleaning/repair or am I the only one who lives in a house Santa would be afraid to visit?

We have to move our dining and living room around to fit our tree. While moving the couch and loveseat we found lots of bunnies. Dust bunnies that is. And crumbs and all sorts of little junk. I vacuum a lot, just never am able to get under and behind the couch.

My husband changed some light bulbs up on the chandelier in the foyer while he was up on the landing with the ladder. But he knew about them...I've been after him to change them for 2 months.

I also have found some dog hair (leftover from the previous owners) while cleaning to put up decorations that I somehow missed when I scrubbed this place down when we bought it...2 months ago. So, I've been cleaning that up, but nothing too major.

Sorry about your carpet, but I bet it looks really nice now!

I do have to move stuff. Luckily I didn't find any "surprises" like you did...;) We have to move my glider out to the garage to make space for the tree. Then, I go through my shelves and table tops to put all the pictures and knick knacks away so that I can replace them with Christmas stuff. I end up having things stuffed everywhere. I do find a lot of dust that I thought we were taking care of.. It's always a cleaning/sneezing day for me.

Watch out with the drying of those carpets. Last year we had them done in the winter and something went wrong and they really wouldn't dry. We ended up ripping the whole carpet up because it smelled so bad. The hardwood floors are great though.