Westinghouse 32 inch problem? anyone else?

I bought the 32 inch westinghouse at BB on BF and just recently, when Im watching TV, the screen would just go blank and say, "TV has no signal". Did anyone else have this problem with their TV? Should I try to get a new one? I am using cable w/o the digital cable box and im using the tuner included with the TV.

It usually happens when Im browsing a lot of channels. It usually wouldnt happen if I just switch to 2 or 3 ch's and stay on it. I also noticed is when the screen is blank, if I keep switching the channels, it would eventually gain signal again. This has never ever happened on my old TV, so Im wondering why it's doing it on this TV.

Im extremely frustrated right now because I really like this TV and I dont have any major complaints with it till now.

BTW, this would happen almost everytime I browse a lot of channels (a lot meaning like 20) (it would usually go blank on different ch's everytime)

you think its a bad set? I checked my BB and they dont have any in stock. Do you think they'll get any anytime soon? I didnt buy the replacement plan since they didnt even ask me for it, which was kinda odd because they usually keep encouraging you till you finally buy it.

alright. I'll see if they're getting any anytime soon so I can just get a new set since I really like this tv

If they don't have them in stock, they will order them for you.

I was at our BB last night and they had a boat load of them..lol. Of course now the price has gone up to $849. A week or so before BF, they were $699.

If they don't have them in stock, they will order them for you.

I'd think the same thing.......with your tuner acting up and you've had it 8 days, I would think replacing it, even without an extended warranty, should be the first thing they consider doing.

well, i called up BB and they said that they dont have any in stock..so I asked them if they can order it for me and they said they dont have any in the warehouse...They said that the only things I can do is deal with the manufacters and I guess have it shipped to them (most likely on my expense) and have them fix it or give me another set (which most likely would be refurbrished) OR I can return my TV and get my money back which I dont want to do b/c I like this TV and it was DAMN hard trying to get it with all the ppl there that day....this f'n sucks...

At bby I kno in the comp department they allow u to come back purchase the service plan within 15 days. I think they may be telling you that because you didn't purchase the warranty so they are punishing u. Check all of the best buys in your area you can return it to any best buy and exchange

I just opened my newspaper today and there's a BB ad in there starting today.

This tv is on the front page for $699.99. It runs on sale from Dec. 3-9th. It's hard to believe they don't have any in the store since the sale is starting today. Sounds like someone is feeding you some crap in the store. I would become a pain in the butt.. they would see me every day until I got to exchange my tv.

I wouldn't think that you would need the replacement plan for something like this. It's only been 9 days or so. I would do it soon though.

Good luck! :)

Take someone else into the store with you, find the tv, load it up in a buggy, then bring in your old tv. Let someone try to tell you they don't have them then. :D

I just opened my newspaper today and there's a BB ad in there starting today.

This tv is on the front page for $699.99. It runs on sale from Dec. 3-9th. It's hard to believe they don't have any in the store since the sale is starting today. Sounds like someone is feeding you some crap in the store. I would become a pain in the butt.. they would see me every day until I got to exchange my tv.

I wouldn't think that you would need the replacement plan for something like this. It's only been 9 days or so. I would do it soon though.

Good luck! :)

Take someone else into the store with you, find the tv, load it up in a buggy, then bring in your old tv. Let someone try to tell you they don't have them then. :D

maybe it was a local ad b/c i went to Bestbuy.com and checked out their weekly ad and they didnt have it. I looked the TV up on their website and they took it down so I guess they're not getting anymore..kinda a rip off if you ask me. They bring this model that no one's ever heard of and have it for sale 1 day and never restock them.

I did ask them about the store warranty and they said that they cover TV's only 3 days and after that, you need the replacement plan to cover it.

oh well, I think I can live with it..thanks a lot for the advice though!