SOLD OUT! Sharp 56" DLP for $999 - CostCo.com

brian

anyone know if you can schedule to pick it up. I would rather than pay the $150 shipping. It is in my "cart" right now... still deciding

On another forum site they have sited an issue with the light engine or fan. Says it is pretty common and parts are backordered and things. I think it is the AVS forum or something like that. I will research more if someone is interested

hey guys i posted this on another thread, but this is a discontinued model, and there have been issues with humming after 6 months. being costco, you can return it, but sharp is not doing any more DLP due to the defect. apparently there are a lot cropping up right now. great tv if not for the defect from the reviews though...

hey guys i posted this on another thread, but this is a discontinued model, and there have been issues with humming after 6 months. being costco, you can return it, but sharp is not doing any more DLP due to the defect. apparently there are a lot cropping up right now. great tv if not for the defect from the reviews though...

This item is no longer available

Do you guys think there's any logic in waiting until the Superbowl for a better LCD/Plasma deal?

I am thinking along those lines- it is a 50/50 chance that things will drop, but I am sure you will probably get good financing deals at some stores.

I am waiting till I move; no sense in letting the movers jack up my tv!

Do you guys think there's any logic in waiting until the Superbowl for a better LCD/Plasma deal?

I got my Samsung DLP 42" for $799 at CC during the six hour Black Friday sale. The sports HD pictures are wonderful. Especially considering I'm pulling the HD signals off of airway broadcast TV transmissions.

I figure compared to someone paying for cable service, I could recoup the cost of the HDTV in about two years.

I am thinking along those lines- it is a 50/50 chance that things will drop, but I am sure you will probably get good financing deals at some stores.

I am waiting till I move; no sense in letting the movers jack up my tv!

Absolutely they will drop.

Like batojefe said, it's a 50/50 shot but I think there will be some deals available.

DLP and LCD prices have been steadily dropping over time. For example, I know someone who bought the Olevia 537H for $999 on 10/14/2006. On 11/24/2006 that same TV was on sale for $699 + shipping at JR.com, that's an amazing $300 in savings!!!

While you're waiting for another hot deal, I would recommend researching which TV technology and size you want. You have a lot of choices, DLP, LCD, Plasma, and LCoS are the most popular.