Quick Checkout in Jewlery on BF.

l_lhennessy

UGGG ! That makes me so mad! I had 2 toys an purchased a necklace for DD, had to pay for necklace in jewlery but they would NOT ring the toys only jewlery!!!! The lady next to me had 10 items an her clerk checked out all of it! I infomed my clerk that they needed to tell all clerks the "policy" of "only JEWLERY". I left the toys.:no:

Guest RealLivePrinces

We had a few people who were only buying things to skip the line. Some returned them the next DAY. Did it tick me and other Jewelry associates off? You bet. Especially the people who loaded the two-kid carts up and bought a rinky-dink pair of earrings for $17. We tried to enforce a 5 and under rule and succeeded for the most part, but you always get those demanding people who mistake us for personal assistants...

That takes our time away from customers who really needed our attention and as a result, often left us facing people who took their irritation out on associates.

One of the jewelry cashiers was called a "fat, slow cow" because she had to help the jewelry POS associate bag a jewel-cutter. Other customers threw money at us. Another customer cussed out the manager because the jewel-cutter before her had forced us to spend 20 minutes on ringing her out. What can you do? The customer is always right.

In normal store hours, we generally walk the item over to the POS cashiers. Obviously, that's not an option for Black Friday. That's why, in my tips, I asked customers to please remember other customers and that associates are not there just for them... we've got a line, too and we're there for everyone. All stores are different when it comes to BF Friday Jewelry checkout rules, so we have to rely on customers to judge when it's necessary, or when lines are to be expected. :)

We bypassed long lines by buying a watch and checking out our 2 carts in Jewlery.

I'm going to remember that, we could return the watch next year or subsequent years if we didn't want one.

This is why people can't get even one or two items rung up in some stores because too many people do things like this. Please think about how your actions will affect others before you do something like this. :no: