Canon S3 IS

episodic

Walmart had it on sale on their website for 349.00. I just looked and now they are out of stock.

I just bought this exact camera about a month ago. I got it at Circuit City for 344.00. They price matched walmart's price of 398.00 and then took off an additional 10%. You might want to call them and see if they will PM walmarts price and beat it.

As for online dealers, I know what you mean by "reputable". I found some shady characters when I was searching. :no:

I have also been searching for a great deal on this camera. It's so hard to know when to pull the trigger, or if I should just hold off, hoping for a better deal to come along. After not being able to find any incredible BF deals on it, I was hopeful that Cyber Monday would be the day, but the best I have seen is the S2 for $246.45 at Dell. Should I??????

I also am unsure if I should go with the S2 or the S3. I know the LCD is slightly bigger on the S3, but other than that, does anyone know if the difference is worth the difference in price? My main reason for buying one of these cameras is to take pictures of my children at their sporting events--I am a very novice photographer, and will likely use only the basic functions.

Thogan, I had the same problem deciding between the s2 and s3. I decided to go with the S3 because it shoots video and you can also snap a still shot while filming a video. Also, the S3 has a "sports' mode for shooting action shots and the S2 doesn't.

Thogan, I had the same problem deciding between the s2 and s3. I decided to go with the S3 because it shoots video and you can also snap a still shot while filming a video. Also, the S3 has a "sports' mode for shooting action shots and the S2 doesn't.

I went with the S2.

It shoots video and you can take snap shots while filming just like the S3.

The only difference in the S2 & S3 is the color (S2 is silver, S3 is black),

a larger LCD, (The S2 is 1.8" the S3 is 2")

and the S2 is 5MP where the S3 is 6MP.

That's the only difference.

The camera's are near identical, so if you really need the 6mp, go with the S3.

If 5mp is plenty for you, then go with the S2.

I thought the difference between the s2 and s3 was a megapixle and a .2 inch bigger screen, but I was wrong. I got my s2 (bought on amazon for $279) in the mail and i was very disappointed. The main reason for my disappointment was that there was a 1 second delay from the time i pushed the button to the time the picture actually snapped. This left my target in a different position when the pictured showed up. My brother-in-law has the s3 and I really like the quickness of the snap, the sport mode, and a few of the other little options it has. I found amazon to be the best deal amongst reputable companies. He bought his camera at Office Depot the day after Thanksgiving for $325 + tax. I highly advise the reputable company because we tried one of those other "great deals", but they didn't have the camera if you didn't want all the overpriced accessories.