Anyone been watching their 32" Mag LCD TV?

rdtsmith

I tried doing some research online (I think this tv is the same as the Proview)...after I found out that my Staples in FL still had some still available day after BF, and my dad's in the DC area still had some the next day too..made me wonder about the quality...I've been fooling around with the display settings...picture was so bright when I first hooked it up and the dark colors seemed to blend in the dark scenes (watched Matrix just because of that...wanted to see how it handled dark colors). I am concerned about the 800:1 contrast ratio...that's about the lowest you can get right? But then again, for that price, what am I complaining about (this is what I am telling myself)? I know the other 32" LCD TVs out there in this price range had at the most 1000:1? Any thoughts on others who bought this tv? Are you happy with it? I'm on the fence...maybe I just need to play with the display settings more.....

no, I haven't installed it yet. I am actually debtating whether to keep olevia 232v from cc or this MAg from Staples. I found that Proview is the maker of MAG, which makes my decision a little easier now since Proview is pretty alright company.

I don't know about your TIVO, but my remote for my DVR allows you to cycle through codes until your tv accepts one...my MAG accepted the fifth one I cycled thru.

Press and hold the device key mode for at least six seconds (DVD, TV, Audio, etc) until each key lights up and the one device you picked stays lit.

Press "power". the device key you picked should blink three times then turn off.

Press the "up" arrow key (each time you press this key, it will try a new code). Keep pressing the up arrow key until your tv turns off. This means you have found the right code and be sure to press "okay" to save it. Now you should be able to use your DVR remote to control your TV.

This is what I did to get my DVR remote to work with the MAG.

Let me know if this works! I ended up going to Best Buy to look at LCD TVs (incl Olevia, etc) and to be honest with you, I was not happy with any of the ones there...I had not really shopped around before buying the MAG, so now I can see the MAG is comparable, in fact, it has a nicer picture than most LCDs I looked at:D

This Mag TV is actually a Proview, see site below

http://www.proview.com/Product/Product_Page.aspx?sn=439&pi=121&ii=3451

Did you already try 0001 or 0999? I would post on the site below too

remotecentral.com

And you've already done this, right?

How Do I Perform a Code Search If None of the Codes for My TV/Stereo Manufacturer Work?

http://customersupport.tivo.com/LaunchContent.aspx?CID=A8722F21-6F9A-42EC-8626-02DCEF837619