Quick return guide

Guest RealLivePrinces

Guest RealLivePrinces

I spent some time in Customer Service today to cover someone's lunch, and I am so glad I was promoted! Hee.

Here's a list I dearly wished every customer in line had today. Let's just say some called me names that certainly weren't mine when I laid out policy.

What to bring:

1. Your original receipt.

2. Your driver's license.

3. All original tags and packaging - it will make things go much, much faster.

Tips:

- ALL watches and fine (locked case) jewelry will be returned at the jewelry department. If you wait in line at customer service or (after Christmas) the return center, you'll be sent to Jewelry anyway. Jewelry does not return items from any other department (except, occasionally, Beauty). Yes, that might mean two lines if you're returning items from multiple departments. Yes, that's not exacly convenient. Retail stores do not like returns and Kohl's is more friendly than most.

- The system remembers your credit card number and/or method of payment. Unless you're specifically asked, you don't even need to get it out of your wallet.

- If you did not pay by cash or check, you're not getting cash back. You will be reimbursed via your original form of payment. People really really hate that, but the computers will not allow otherwise and no one can override it, including managers.

- Some high-dollar amounts (or frequent returns) will only allow checks from corporate. No one at store-level can override that.

- If you paid with multiple forms (cash and credit card, for example), you'll be reimbursed the exact same fractured way. Or you can do in-store credit for the entire amount.

Kohl's cash

- Your return invalidates your Kohl's cash, or at least a certain amount of it. The offer is for every $50 dollars you get $10, so a return nullifies that dollar benchmark. If you spent a $105 before taxes and received $20 in Kohl's cash, then returned an item worth $6, you're losing $10 of that KC. It's only fair. If your KC is deducted and you don't have the original one with you, you'll be issued a new one. The one replaced will be voided and will not work at the registers.

- Want to keep that KC? (And it's up to computer and not the associate, please don't call them names!) SOMETIMES the computer will allow you to receive in-store credit as your form of reimbursement. Accepting that offer will allow you to not have any KC deducted. You cannot use in-store credit to purchase charitable items, make a Kohl's charge payment or buy a gift card. Anything else in the store is fair game. Our in-store credit and gift cards do not incur fees.

Returning without a receipt?

You have three choices:

1. Did you pay with a Kohl's charge? Simply hand your card to the associate and we can look up the exact amount you paid for the item.

2. Otherwise, the item will ring up at the lowest price we currently have in the system. There have been times when rugs purchased for over $300 were returned for $2.

3. You can even exchange the item. Please note: the original price on the replacement must match the original (we call it white tag) price on the original item (no sales prices!). You cannot combine items to reach that dollar amount. White tags exchange for white, yellow for yellow (clearance) and red for red (final clearance). If the lines are really long when you find your replacement, you can exchange at any register. Most stores will ask you to find your item first, so save yourself time in line and do so before you get to customer service. They'll probably just send you away to find one if you don't.

If you have questions, please ask!

Who knows, if I have to cover another break they might even help me. :)

Do all Kohl's stores have undated returns? At my store, they will take back stuff no matter when you bought it as long as you have the receipt. I was so surprised to hear that. I've found clothes the kids never wore that I bought on clearance, and they've always taken them back.

Hecht's used to be a year, but they're gone now. I don't know any other store that is so liberal with the time limit...there is none!

And I've never had to show my DL with a receipt either.

Guest RealLivePrinces

Do all Kohl's stores have undated returns?

Yes. Obviously, if someone tries to return a pair of obviously worn shoes, then we don't take them. lol

And I've never had to show my DL with a receipt either.

That's mainly for cash refunds.

I have a question, I am looking at my receipt and I grabbed the under the counter cd/radio for my girlfriend who was in line somewhere else. It should have been $19.99 during the early bird, but I didn't realize until today that I paid $39.99. The radio is now un my girlfriend's kitchen. What do I need to do to get the price adjusted?? I thouhgt there was a rebate so I didn't worry about it until now. However, I just looked at the ad scans again and there wasn't a rebate.....help :yuck:

Guest RealLivePrinces

Hmmm. Bring your receipt to customer service. Did you purchase it after 3pm?

Maybe there was more than one radio. I'll ask on that.