Panasonic 42" Plasma--Price Match from CC

ewiz06

Just got back from Sears and they gave me a price match on the 42" Panasonic Plasma $1199.00 without a problem. This is the HDTV model and not the EDTV that Sears is currently selling for $1299.00All they did was verify online (by going to Circuit City's webpage) that it was not a doorbuster and then they processed the sale. On top of that, as part of their price match policy I got 10% of the difference between their current Sears sale price of $1499.00 and the Circuit City price, which brought down the final total to $1169.00!!! I actually saved money by not going to Circuit City.

While I know Best Buy had the same TV as an doorbuster for $999.00, I would have had to have been in line by 5:00 P.M. on Thanksgiving Day to get one of those because the lines were so long.

Bottomline, I got a great TV for $30.00 less than Circuit City's price, did not wait 1 minute in line outside the doors in the freezing cold, nor did I have to wait the typical 1-2 hours in line once I got in the store. Not to mention a full night's sleep. :yup: :yup:

This is a great TV and very highly rated by CNet, Consumer Reports, etc. If you want this TV, Sears is your place.

Any of you heading out late tonight to Sears should have no problem matching CC's $1199 price and getting 10% of the difference since it is a daily price. Some of us early risers were able to get this at the BB special 999 7 hour sale price + 10% of the difference this morning and some weren't depending on the store they went to. Doesn't seem fair....

I wanted to post this link for everyone who purchased this TV:

http://www.plasmatvbuyingguide.com/plasmatvreviews/panasonic-th42px60u-review.html

According to the articles I read burn in should be less of a problem now than it was in the past. For the average user it shouldn't be a problem. Just be sure not to pause anything on the screen for long . Here is a link that describes this in more detail:

http://www.plasmatvbuyingguide.com/plasmatv/plasmatv-burnin.html

During the break-in period (first 100-200 hours) I have seen the following setting level recommendations in some forums:

Picture = 0

Brightness = 0

Color = -1

Tint= -4

Sharpness = -14

Just Mode - distortion of 4:3

Color Temp: Warm

Enhance Black Level:Off

Confirm Side Bars:Mid/Bright