Questions about Best Buy's Black Friday

rickjs

Uhmm.. Hi!

I have a question thats driving me crazy. On the BF ad for best buy, it says " We'll be handing out tickets at 4 A.M. fopr these 7 hour specials!"

So that applies to everything in the ad catalogue? So I have to get a ticket to buy the monitor I want? I have to have a ticket for the item I want? Please help clear this up for me as I'm going crazy right now.

Actually, I believe that the tickets are only for the 7hour special deals. There are other items on the two day sale that are also in limited supply, but I don't believe there are tickets for anything except the 7hour special items.

If you get a ticket for a 7hour item, in theory, you are supposed to have until 12noon to purchase it for the special price - sometimes mistakes happen if you go back at 11am you may find the item is gone - talk to a manager and try to calmly make them give you the item when it is back in stock for the sale price, since you did have a valid ticket & they messed up.

The tickets are only for the front page items. The other items are said to be "in enough stock that you should be able to get what you want". If you don't have a ticket due to them running out, that means they ran out of the item. You will not get the item.

It seems they did not hand out tickets, at least the one near me

On the front page, theres the Sandisk 1 GB Mp3 players that says limited stock,

but I was able to buy it without a ticket (arrived at BB at 6)

Besides, it was total chaos and the employees just wanted to get the whole day over with.

Guest CS.Dean

Tickets started comming out about 4 am. They had alot more of the computers than advertised. They had like 18 desktops and probably 35 toshiba's and I dont know how many HP's. Some people were trying to "move up" in line when tickets came out. It did not work.

A man tried for 3 hours to get us to get him a Laptop ticket. He was like 200 in line.

I did do my good deed for the day. There was this international college student that came up and she was completely lost. We felt so bad that everyone was being so mean to her.

She was struggling because she did speak english but they were just abusing her.

We ended up with 2 laptop tickets. I went and found her and made sure she got one of them. That may have been wrong to people behind me but she did not deserve to be treated so bad.

We got there at about 5:20 this morning and I expected a bit of a line but the line was still wrapped around the back of the building. We went to check out what the deal was and they were only letting 25 people in at a time. We left and came back an hour later and still had to wait but not all that long. I've never had this happen at such a big store before. I didn't really care for the way they did things today.

i got the 22" monitor, and once they opened the doors if was pretty much a mad dash for any of the non-ticket items, nobody knew were the monitors were at 1st, then a best buy employee pointed out where they were and it was a mad dash again, me and my brother were both able to get one, but they sold out of those in about 5 minutes, and they had 21 in stock, also i hate the people with carts, can't move with those stupid things everywhere

i got the 22" monitor, and once they opened the doors if was pretty much a mad dash for any of the non-ticket items, nobody knew were the monitors were at 1st, then a best buy employee pointed out where they were and it was a mad dash again, me and my brother were both able to get one, but they sold out of those in about 5 minutes, and they had 21 in stock, also i hate the people with carts, can't move with those stupid things everywhere

I am with you- they seem like they wander aimlessly, I don't know how many times I was hit.

They did have bags we could use, and they were nice. The bad thing- the lines were so slow that I couldn't buy anything!