The "I'm Waiting In Line!" Thread

stationchief

I'm out in front of Staples in Lewisville, TX. There were already 25 people at Circuit City when we drove by at 6:30PM. We went by BB and CC at around 9:30 and the lines were 60+ people. On our way back, we stopped to check Staples (for the $399 Turion laptop) and found only 2 people waiting. Woohoo!

On an unrelated note, Cingular's HSDPA service (and Sierra AirCard 875) ROCKS!

Been wanting to get that to go with my Cingular service. Mobile internet on my laptop sounds pretty neat, and $19.95 for unlimited internet access ain't too bad. Must be pretty sweet. :D

do you have to have a certain kind of phone for this?

do you have to have a certain kind of phone for this?

Nope. I forget exactly what they're called, but basically it's a cellular PC card for laptops. It acts like a cellular modem and lets your laptop dial out to Cingular's internet service, like what your cellphone does when you access the internet. Like mobile internet on the go wherever you are. No WiFi access or hotspot needed.

Got to my 24 hour Walmart. They got 8 of the 52" tvs. All were spoken for and I was there by midnight. Apparently they were claimed by 9pm. People stayed right by them till 5am when they could check out.

All Claimed by 9pm huh. Sounds fishy. A friend of mine that has a friend that works at Office Depot wanted the flat 27" TV for $3something. Well OD only got 1 in, and the manager told he he could save it for his friend.

All Claimed by 9pm huh. Sounds fishy. A friend of mine that has a friend that works at Office Depot wanted the flat 27" TV for $3something. Well OD only got 1 in, and the manager told he he could save it for his friend.

our walmart only had 8 and they were also claimed early last night, there were 8 people sitting in front of the table where they would be and store employees were telling people sorry all we have have been claimed,