No line at my Walmart yet

kmbrly

Decent size town about 1/2 way between West Palm Beach and Ft Lauderdale. The WM that I'm going to is what we call the "old people" WM. Just a regular WM, not a supercenter, and it's where all the old people shop from all the many many 55+ neighborhoods around here.

Last year was bad because of the laptop. This year, BB and CC decided to go lower than Wal-Mart. And Wal-Mart is going to feel the pain as a consquence.

If BB were closer (it's well over an hour away) or if I didn't snag the Wally laptop last year, I'd be at Best Buy. Instead, I'm doing Wally, maybe Staples and then going online to get anything I need for upgrades.

Of course, NewEgg.com computer parts are like BF everyday, so...

I got there at 9:30. No one else showed up until after 11pm when a non English speaking guy showed up.

Then around midnight 2 girls showed up. They stayed in the truck and slept until others started showing up at almost 4am!!!

I was first in line. They came out around 4:30 giving us the rules. No shoving, no pushing, no running. We were told that if anyone broke these rules they would not hesitate to lock the store and call the police.

Yep, we were a rowdy bunch (not).... By 4:45 there were about 30 people in line.

They passed out tickets, which was good, because the TV I was there to get they only had two of them, and with the no running, pushing, shoving rule my sitting there all night might have been wasted if someone was faster than me. I paid for it picked it up, and was on my way home by 5:15am.

Gonna take a nap now. Been up since 6 yesterday morning. I might venture out later today.

My mom and I got there about 4:15am and there was already a huge line outside. We got right on it and waited for 45 mins. At least we didn't need electronics. Went right to toys and grabbed Thomas Giant set and Creativity Center.

We did witness some stuff though. A little 6 year old guarding 2 tv's while mom went and got a cart. I was then trampled by a woman and her cart. People were climbing over displays while the tv's were on their heads. Some poor woman had some guy tell her he was an associate and would help her carry one of her 2 tv's, and never came back. She was PISSED OFF! We had no wait at checkout, which was nice, because everyone was still fighting in the electronics dept.