which video card?

cyberschoolmom

Which video card is better and a better deal? The Gforce 7600 from circuit city or the ATI X1600 Pro 512MB? Thanks!

The x1600 is better! However, you can usually get better deals on items like this at newegg.com or tigerdirect.com...I would never buy computer parts like this in a retail store!

The X1600 is only slightly better (100mhz on the core clock), they can both be used in dual mode (If you get 2 and your computer supports it, Crossfire and SLI).

However, in tech circles, EVGA is THE best brand of video card by far, so it's a coin flip. Either will work great for any program out there.

The X1600 has rebates, but they are both great prices, you won't see lower for at least 6 months.

There is nothing wrong with buying computer parts at a retail store, if they have the best prices, go for it, they are the same exact cards you'll get anywhere online, and actually, if you're not careful you may end up with an OEM card from newegg or tigerdirect, (no cables/manual/box).

There is nothing wrong with buying computer parts at a retail store, if they have the best prices, go for it, they are the same exact cards you'll get anywhere online, and actually, if you're not careful you may end up with an OEM card from newegg or tigerdirect, (no cables/manual/box).

The reason there is something wrong with buying computer parts at a retail store, is the price...you can always find better prices and more selection. OEM parts are fine and they do come with cables/manuals (accept for hard drives)...and of course they are priced better...

Btw i've built over 20 desktops myself using oem and shopping mostly at newegg!

The 7600 is the better card. It will run your games better. Nothing against ATI, the 7600 is just the better card. I've had both brands and they are both good companies, just the 7600 is the better card. The 7600 is cheaper, but after rebates. Check Tomshardware.com for reviews.