Need ideas for 12 yo boy & 9 yo girl

hopeky94

My office is buying for 8 kids this year and I've chosen to buy 1/2 the gifts for a 12 yo boy and a 9 yo girl. They're in different families: the boy has 2 brothers (ages 13 and 14) and a sister (age 6); the girl has one sister (age 4). I have a simple "wish list" and the clothing sizes for each, but I'm not used to buying for these ages and need help with ideas!:o

As for price range, I prefer to buy several smaller items that can be wrapped (they're being delivered by a church group) and usually try to stay under $15-20 per item.

Here are their lists:

Boy (age 12): CDs and any wolf themed item(We always buy clothing for all the kids, even if they don't specifically request them, so need clothes ideas as well)

Girl (age 9): Clothes, books, DVDs (also found out she's a "girly" girl)

I'd LOVE any and all ideas for these two-- I really want to look for things for them on BF! Thanks so much!!

P.S. The coworker that is buying the other half of the girl's gifts says he has clothes his daughter never wore that would fit her, so I may only need to buy the other-than-clothes gifts for her. No one has yet volunteered for the other half of the boy's gifts. :(

what about this

got these for my son this year and I am going to pick up a few more for some other people on my lists.

I wanted to share because I think this is the neatest thing since sliced bread!!!

My son is 8 and I know he's going to love them.

Like socks on hardwood floors, FunSlides give you that same thrilling, powerful glide -- on the carpet! These innovative Carpet Skates are designed with a friction-resistant plastic base for fast carpet sliding. A foam foot grip with an adjustable hook and loop closure keeps your feet securely on the skates. Just strap them onto your shoes and you're ready to go. Great for just sliding around or for playing Carpet Hockey (equipment sold separately). One size fits all.

On the www.funslides.com web site, it says you can buy them at Target.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0006MXPYU/ref=nosim/10108121979-20

For the girl Christian Book stores carry some good books for that age I remember one was called Mandi. There were several books about her. I like the classics too. Craft kits so she can make jewelry. Maybe a nail polish set or hair accessories. Password Journal is 14.99, Doodle bear, personal cd player, or A pretty watch.

For the boy a sweatshirt with a wolf on it or a wallet, a personal cd player, cd case (might find one with a wolf on it) I am sure I have seen blankets with a wolf on them. A watch, soccer ball or a poster.

I have a 11 year old boy. I know you do not want to hear this but they are hard to buy for

:(. He said wolf themed , what about going to the book store and getting some books about wolves? Maybe Call of the Wild?

The girl I was thinking craft kits as well. They have tons at Walmart for under 10 and you can buy them at Micheals and use the weekly % off coupon on them. Remember to keep them very age appropriate because you never know how much supervision she has. If she is a girly girl what about bath and body works kinds of things? Also isn't this the age group for the American Girl stuff? I have no clue how much they are but you can probably pick up some books for a decent price.

I've got two in this age range. For the 12 yo boy, you might try the new Weird Al CD. It's all the rage with this age group. Check out Sharper Image. They have a volcano lava lamp that my child thinks is awesome!

If the 9 yo is a girly girl, run to Bath and Bodyworks. They have American Girl shower gels, lotions, etc. Their line with Peppermint, Gingerbread and Chocolate is also a huge hit with my daughter about that age.

I have a 9 year old girl, and here is what I have for her so far:

Bratz styling head

3 Bratz dolls

dollhouse furniture that she can paint herself

Ipod Shuffle

Heelys

Dance Dance Revolution and Dance pad

Boots

Clothes

Bratz scooter

3 CD's

Giant Bratz Doll

Earrings and necklace

She got a Bratz sewing machine for her birthday, so I am going to get her a gift card for Joann's so she can pick out some patterns and fabric.

Wow, these are great ideas so far!! :yup: :yup: Now-- for an update and some more questions...

For the girl, so far I found a couple small books and a $1 DVD about a deaf cheerleader who overcomes. Where do you find the Password Journal? And what department are the craft kits in at Wal-Mart? Are they marked as far as what ages they are appropriate for?

For the boy, I've bought a dark blue hooded sweatshirt, a pair of jeans, and some flannel pj pants. But I haven't found anything wolf-themed yet, which is odd because it seems like I used to see lots of stuff like that! :( Has anyone seen any specific wolf-themed items in the stores lately that would be appropriate? If so, where??

Thanks so very much!!! :fluffy::cheesy::fluffy:

Password Journal - in the Toy section @ Walmart. (We got it about 2 years ago) My DD 13 has one and loves it. I can open her's and so can my DS he's 11 with the voice command (we sound alike).

Bath and Body works

Fingernail polish/remover/ hair bows

Chronicles of Narnia books & Dvd

Wolf Theme items:

You may also find stuff at LL Bean or a Western Wear Store

http://www.everythingwolf.com/shop/productslist.aspx?CategoryID=36

http://www.collectionsetc.com/Item16130.aspx

skorts with leggins are all the rage now, Hillary duff clothes at walmart are cute, My 9 year old girly girly loves skorts, ruffles and vibrant colores, also tights that are funky colors, little beanie caps that Claires has, Italian link braclets and a few charms are cool too. Do not forget the matching hair thingys, got to have them. PJ's are great, also sears has a line of joe monkey clothes that are great some of the shirts come with hand sleeves and gloves,