more rollbacks Food!!!!! check it out!!!

mcmc

BENTONVILLE, Ark., November 21, 2006 – Wal-Mart today announced additional rollbacks on hundreds of fresh and dry grocery items just two days before Thanksgiving and days after slashing prices on top kitchen appliances. Rolling back the savings on selections ranging from favorite holiday hors d’oeuvres and savory meats to decadent chocolates, this is the fifth set in a series of price cuts on thousands of key holiday entertaining and gift items – and a continuation of Wal-Mart’s commitment to offering holiday solutions at the best prices.

According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), the average American family of four spends at least $632 each month on groceries, and a delicious Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings can fatten November’s tab. Fortunately, at Wal-Mart, shoppers will discover rollbacks on hundreds of food items, with many discounted as much as 20 percent.

“The holiday season is about spending time with family and friends, and many of those gatherings are focused around food,” says Bruce Peterson, Wal-Mart Stores senior vice president for the perishable food division. “Wal-Mart wants to help our customers have the holiday meals and get-togethers they’ll remember at an affordable price.”

Featured food items, rolled back through the holiday season, include the following:

Pilgrims Pride®/Tyson™/ Perdue® Fresh Fryer Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast*, 26.4 oz. pack (was $5.35/now $4.74 – was $3.24 per lb./now $2.87 per lb.)

Louis Rich® Chicken Breast Strips, 6 oz. (was $2.87-3.27/now $2.50)

Smithfield™ St. Louis Ribs with Barbecue Sauce**, 39 oz. pkg. (was $11.45/now $9.98 – was $4.70 per lb/ now $4.09 per lb)

Select Hillshire Farm Lit’l Smokies® Assortment, 14-16 oz. (was $3.28-3.38/now

2 for $5.00)

Stove Top® Stuffing, 6 oz. (was $1.44-1.74/now $0.88)

Ocean Spray® Cranberry Sauce, 16 oz. can (was $1.14-1.36/now $0.88)

Betty Crocker® Potato Assortment, 7.2 oz. (was $1.23-1.43/now $.98)

Daisy® Sour Cream, 16 oz. (was $1.74/now $1.50)

General Mills Chex® Cereal, 15.6-16 oz. (were $2.78 each/now 3 boxes for $7.00)

Planters® Deluxe Mixed Nuts or Whole Cashews, 21-oz. can (was $6.94/now $5.97)

Keebler® Town House® Toppers Cracker Assortment, 13.5 oz. (was $2.50/now $2.00)

7 UP®, 2 liter bottle (was $1.08/now $0.77)

Hershey’s® Giant Chocolate Bar Assortment (was $1.64/now $1.25)

Holiday shoppers will be thrilled to discover deeper discounts on even more merchandise with each trip to Wal-Mart, which has promised to continue rolling back prices throughout the season.

Last month I felt like trying something new to see how much I could save on grocerys.I spent about 2 hours on the net finding coupons on things I use most and on the things I knew the store I shopped at most was having on sale.I have a family of 7 and I spend about 600.00 a month but last month when I took that extra time looking I went to cash out and couldnt believe my eyes.total was 498.56 then take off the store card which was 97.45 and my coupons 94.75 and I paid 306.36

Shop for meals according to the sale papers each week.....frozen veggies go further for only a fraction more in price....and they taste better too....have quick meals or make your own meal twice a week..(soup, veggie only, etc.) saves your time and money because kids love it and they eat the craziest things of just leftovers and a little of this and a little of that...coupons are fabulous search online for things that are already on sale and get a card for a local store and shop there....savings out the roof.....................;)

$200 a week, right? We spend about $150 for 4 adults, between Walmart & Meijer. I price match as often

as possible with Walmart. We take our lunch too.

BAHAHAHAHAHA.

We are a family of 6(three adults--my brother) plus a dog. I am usually right at $200 and that includes my non-food household items.