Sibling equality on gifts.

amyers12345

As far as gifts for siblings, I'm stressing. My brother is 22, sis is 19. We got my brother a $239.99 hunting blind. (thanks to GD, a $25.00 price tag). Should I get my sis something more expensive than $25, since his obviously is? I usually bargain shop, and get good deals, even before GD, but I think that is the best deal I've ever found.

I would worry more about trying to find her something that would be special for her. If you worry too much about the dollar amount, even a $50 gift cert. to her favorite store won't compair to the incredible gift your brother is getting. Yes, I would probably spend a bit more on her, but try really hard to make that money work for you...

good luck!

:gdbouquet1:

She wants a coach purse/wallet/checkbook cover. And she's the baby of the family. I'm sure she won't care, but I don't want to get him his 250.00 gift and not get her hers. LOL. They're lucky I'm spending 25.00.

I just didn't know whether to get her something around $25, or something a little higher.

I would just spend what you usually would spend. I'ts not worth going into hock over.

A coach wallet would be way over my spending limit. Give her a gift certificate to the store that this sort of thing would be bought at. And put a not in it that that is what it is for.

She probably won't even know what a deer blind would cost. I sure wouldn't.

have you checked a Coach outlet or even ebay? You may be able to get her her coach wallet and stay within your price. But as someone else said everyone is an adult so they really shouldn't be worried about who got what and it's value. Just get a gift she will enjoy and what you can afford.

have you checked a Coach outlet or even eBay?

Even at the Coach outlet, the wallet/checkbook is going to cost you around $150-250, and there are a ton of fakes on ebay. You just really have to be careful on ebay. I bought a small keyring/credit card holder/wallet from Coach outlet for less than $20. You might be able to find something like that there, but not the checkbook wallet.

I never worry about matching prices of presents. Its want she wants thats important.

I agree with her.

When I think about it, I have always spent more on my brothers for christmas than my sister. It seems like the guys always want one or two big expensive things, while my sister (and myself) always want several small inexpensive things (bcbg shoes :D ).

As long as everyone is happy and not neglected, that's what matters to me.

I would buy gifts of the same amount. The range my family sets up for nieces and nephews is 10-15. My nephew is getting a cars sleeping bag from the disney store (was 30 on sale for 15) plus he's getting a $13 calendar from shopko that I got for free when I bought a fridge magnet calendar for myself. So while he's actually getting about a $45 gift, I still only spent $15. I can't be any fairer than that. My husband's family has 20-30 for gifts for the gift exchange. The person who wants gift cards gets a $30 gift card. The people that I buy a real present usually gets something worth more than $30 b/c I can usually find a good bargain. The next year, someone else may end up with a good bargain that you found.