gottadealers on price limits...

amyers12345

Value or price limit?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Value or price limit?

• value
    • price

With Gottadeal, we are getting such better gifts for such lower prices. How does this work when you have a limit. For instance, we have a $5.00 limit at my grandmother's, where we draw names. I got a CIL I don't care for, my uncle, and 2 small girl cousins. Everyone else wanted the $5.00 limit (but they live like they are rich) because they can't afford more and you can find nice stuff for $5.00. Usually we all get $5 gifts, but they are dollar store or WM clearance stuff.

This year, for the guys I got hunting blinds for 5.00 each. They retail for $80. I got the girls each a trike at amazon.com for $7. Retail 89.99.

We don't care for them too much, and my sibs think it will be hilarious when they each open a hundred dollar gift. But should I just cheap out on them? I can't afford the time to search for a $5 gift. and taxes will override my shipping.

Okay, enough venting. The real question is, should you honor the $5 value, or the $5 price limit?

Wow! I'm still amazed at the deals you got!!!!!

When we did the drawing names and price limit gifts with my dh's family, it was more of a guideline. Ours were $10 limits...we got gifts that ranged from $3 to $15 (both to give and receive), I would take that $5 limit as more of an idea of what TYPE of gift to get.

Although it WOULD be funny to see their faces when they open those 'expensive' gifts...

Isn't it nice to get your moneys worth--my mom is like the discount queen. If I find something for $10 it is a guarantee she can find it for $5. I understand your frustation esp--knowing that no one else is going to be having awesome gifts like you found for $5. However this could be a learning experience for them--If I were you I would feel super proud for finding such gifts for such a low price.

I would have to vote for the $5 price not the value. But on the other hand if I found a $20 gift for $3 I would not spend $2 more just to make it $5.

Amy

I'd go with the price I spend $20 on each neice/nephew and if I can get them a ton of stuff for that then that's great but if I went with a $20 value they wouldn't get as much but if you don't care for them much then get them the crappy pre-wrapped $5 gifts from Walmart and don't even worry about it.

Adhering to the $5 value limit will prevent embarassing moments. Little Joey thinks his $5 puzzle from the dollar store is neat until little cousin Mikey gets a $ 90 trike. How about the embarrased/indignant others who bought you a $5 box of chocolate when you gave them a $100 hunting blind? Do you hate these people? Isn't Christmas about family and good times together? If you want to brag about the great deals you get, do it somewhere else. You should honor the time you spend with your family.