Can't find sku of BF items on Best Buy website

marshalljay

I guess a question to mods, or veterans - trying to get details on the laptops, and especially on the Toshiba projector; punched the skus into Best Buy homepage, and niether one came up. Likewise, couldn't even find the items by searching manually.

Is this normal? And if so, does this mean they are discontinued or refurb items?:shock:

Welcome to the community! The reason you cant find the SKUs on the site is that many times they will give them different SKUs so they wont be sold before BF. On Friday morning around 1am the stores get all of the special SKUs and prices downloaded to the stores system.

Also what happens stores like BB will go to eMachines and special order a system just to be sold for BF. BB might order 500,000 and that is why you only have 10 or so per a store. BB will tell them how much memory and stuff to put in it. eMachines in return will make up a special model number just for BB.

The products are new and come with all of the warranties and stuff like that.

I hope this helps.

thanks - I was really trying to do my research on that Toshiba pj - that's an awesome price, IF it does anything :) - meaning, what is the res, what are the inputs, etc... now that the ad has been emailed to me, I might just try my BB and see what they can or will tell me.

btw - our stores have both the 7 hour specials AND the 15 dollar GC for each 100 spent - last year it was only 10, so I am more fired up than I was before I saw the ad. May have to line up after all.