How does BB pass out tickets for products?

babyb4321

Hey, i am new to this forum. Hope u all guys having a great time. I have a question about the ticket policy for doorbusters. I heard that each person will be allowed to choose only one doorbuster. Thinking that i got my choice of doorbuster ticket, after the doors were open, can i go and find for some other good deals they have and return back to the counter later to claim my doorbuster or do i need to walk in to the counter with the ticket as soon as the door is open. In fact i just want to make sure that do they save the item for you?????(hope i have the ticket).

I was wanting to post in the Other Stores section to ask if anyone had info about the Conn's Black Friday ad. I can't find info for it anywhere. I am in North Texas and the Conn's prices are generally very competitive with BB. (In fact, they have the 51" Hitachi CRT on sale this week for $849 - same price as the Sears BF ad!) Would love it if you could post this question for me.

Thanks,

Tina

Hey, i am new to this forum. Hope u all guys having a great time. I have a question about the ticket policy for doorbusters. I heard that each person will be allowed to choose only one doorbuster. Thinking that i got my choice of doorbuster ticket, after the doors were open, can i go and find for some other good deals they have and return back to the counter later to claim my doorbuster or do i need to walk in to the counter with the ticket as soon as the door is open. In fact i just want to make sure that do they save the item for you?????(hope i have the ticket).

That is a good question, I was wondering the same thing. Is there a thread that tells us that? I need an mp3 player but I don't want to lose the chance of getting the pc, if in fact I do get a ticket for it. :confused:

Past experience at our BB. They came out at 4 am as always to pass out tickets to the larger doorbuster sale items. All they did, was walk down the line saying what ticket they had and then anyone could grab them. I had guys walk by with tickets last year and saw the desktop ticket in my hand and ask me if I needed one for the tv, Iriver mp3 etc. So even though I had a ticketed item they still asked me if I wanted something else. Hopefully for those of you that want more then one ticketed item, they will do the same this year.

How do you get tickets? Another thread with an article from the WSJ has several relevant lines in it....the article details how BB drills its employees to deal with BF.

Tickets:

Those in line are given claim tickets for their desired doorbuster items, starting at the front of the line and progressing back, until the supply of those items is exhausted.

Number of tickets per person:

Standing in line, Tony Roberson, a senior sales associate in the store's computer section, was tasked with attempting to buy both a special-offer laptop and a plasma TV. He received claim tickets for both and instructions of where to go in the store. Once the doors opened, he strolled to the designated TV line, made his mock purchase after a quick consultation with employees there and was told he could pick up his TV in the store's car-stereo installation bay. He then went through a similar drill in the laptop line.

I have never been refused multiple tickets for multiple items....now, there is usually a one-per-household/person limit on doorbuster items, but there has NEVER been a one-doorbuster-item-per-person limit. You may be able to only buy one doorbuster laptop or desktop or TV, but you can buy one of each, provided you're early enough in line to get tickets for each item.

BTW....the thread I quoted from is here:

http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=56356

I worked at Bestbuy the last 2 Bf. At our store you could get as many different tickets as you wanted. The bad thing about that (at least at my store) is there are a bunch of people at the front who would get almost one of every ticket and then decide which Item's they wanted to buy. Good luck to everyone.