PM With Black & White Printed Ad?

taxes_3

I work for Wal*Mart and if a customer comes up to us and wants to pm an item...we dont even have to see the flyer we just do it.... we are to told that we have to trust the customer and if they do not have the flyer then we still do it.... but if it is over a 20 dollar amount we either have to have to flyer or if the store is around us we just call them and ask them....

There was a HUGE sign hanging in my Walmart yesterday right as you walked in the door.

It said Friday November 24 5am until 11am ... no hassle PRICE MATCHING .. show the ad, they match the price .. will not do rebates, blah blah blah .. standard stuff. This was a huge hanging sign that was not locally made.

Did I say the sign was HUGE?

so for anyone whose Walmart says they will not PM on BF .. I'd call 1-800-Walmart and complain complain complain.

I was trying to get them to PM something for me yesterday from CC, and I had to go to Customer service. I told her I was having a hard time and she looked at the sign, and said what about our no hassle policy. I smiled and said to her, "the sign says Friday 5am-11am". We both chuckled and she PMd what I wanted.

I asked this past weekend at the Service Desk at my smaller, hometown WM where I usually BF shop, and one lady wanted to know which stores I wanted to PM with (like that would make a difference :rolleyes: ), then the other lady snootily asked, "What day??" When I told her Black Friday, she immediately said, "No, we don't price match at all that day. That's our blitz." :2bat:

So needless to say, I plan on shopping the newer Super WM, about the same distance away but opposite direction! When I asked THAT store about PM, they didn't ask anything and were quick to assure me they DO price match, even to stores about 40 miles away! :yup: It will likely be more crowded, but I don't want to handle any more attitude problems that day than necessary!:rolleyes:

I haven't yet decided whether to contact corporate about this or not..................

I would definitely contact someone in a power position if a WM won't price match an exact item. That is their guarantee! As long as it's not BOGO or % off or something like that, of course. I take my ads right to register with me. The cashier can do it right there. All they may need is a CSM to do a quick price override.