Which stores are you camping out at and camping tips

yogiyb

This will be the first time I've gone to BB before 2am. I'm in the South so overnight temps won't go below 30s (ok I'm a wimp but that's pretty cold for us Southerners). What works best? Chairs w/blankets??? Pitch a tent??? I saw the P3 crowd had tents for the past two days. Do the hand warmers really work??? If so, how many should I plan on?? I plan on getting there no later than midnight.

I'm going to the dollar store and i'm going to try to find the cheapest chairs there. If someone takes them when we go into the store then its no biggie. They might not be as comfy but thats ok. This is our first year doing the overnight thing too.

We're bringing: 2 blankets

2 extra jackets

2 chairs

a deck of cards

our CD player

2 huge gulp cups of hot chocolate

some cheese and crackers and maybe a little thanksgiving leftovers.

A book (for me) and a gameboy (for hubby).

If you go with someone else people usually don't have a issue you if you leave to use a restroom as long as your buddy is still there.

Same thing goes for when it is getting close to going onto store, lugging your gear back to your vehicle. But maybe thats just a northern thing southerners may not be so kind! :o

This will be the first time I've gone to BB before 2am. I'm in the South so overnight temps won't go below 30s (ok I'm a wimp but that's pretty cold for us Southerners). What works best? Chairs w/blankets??? Pitch a tent??? I saw the P3 crowd had tents for the past two days. Do the hand warmers really work??? If so, how many should I plan on?? I plan on getting there no later than midnight.

Last year I had a camp chair, it was great. I have used the hand warmers and they too are wonderful. One set should take you through the coldest part of the morning. I always wear layers (something I learned from my Yankee days). Or if you have insultated coveralls (like what people wear to go hunting ie Carharts) those work great! I bought a set last BF and I can't wait to use them this year. And if you are in SC or GA I would plan on before Midnight FWIW.:tired:

People in the south are extremely nice and considerate. As long as someone you go with can hold your place in line you can put all your belongings back in the car. You can even take turns getting warm in the car. We also leave to go to the restrooms if necessary. People in the south are are the nicest people in the world. I do have on piece of advice, I live in the mountains of North Carolina and it gets extremely cold. If you plan on sitting in a chair make sure you have enough blankets to cover your back side. Last year the wind was blowing and I hade a blanket wrapped around me, but it was not enough,the wind was blowing underneath my chair and I could not block it out, it took hours for my back side to thaw out. Ha! Ha!

I plan on having a friend meet me there if not stay iwth me the whole time so i can leave to eat and bathroom.

Folding Camping Chair w/ Leg rest

Blanket

Laptop to pass the time. (W/ Car Power Converter and extention cord)

Coal Heat packs (Probably hit up sports authority or something to get them)

Probably a plastic sheet, just incase it rains to put over me.

Hi yogiyb...which BB will you be going too?? I stay around both of them and I am trying to decide what all I will be taking. I have not waited outside anywhere in years (24 hour WM

was always my BF place). David Neal said that it will be close to the low 40's next Thursday and Friday, BUT there will be no rain :gdyes:. I try to stay dressed warm and went to WM yesterday and picked me up some Hothand heat packs to tuck in my gloves and shoes. They last for 10 hours so is think I'll be good to go. I would not recommend a tent unless you have someone to run it to the car for you. I am doing my quad chair and blankets (along with extra clothing), that way I can just pack it up when the doors open. GOOD LUCK!!!:holiday07

if u wanna lug that chair around after you get out of it, that would be a good idea, just remember whatever you use to camp out w/ u have to bring it w/ you if you want to keep it, b/c it may not be there when you get back

That is why you have to bring a cheap ( but comfortable) chair, so you can just leave it outside in case you have to run!!:cheesy:

I'm going to the dollar store and i'm going to try to find the cheapest chairs there. If someone takes them when we go into the store then its no biggie. They might not be as comfy but thats ok. This is our first year doing the overnight thing too.

We're bringing: 2 blankets

2 extra jackets

2 chairs

a deck of cards

our CD player

2 huge gulp cups of hot chocolate

some cheese and crackers and maybe a little thanksgiving leftovers.

A book (for me) and a gameboy (for hubby).

You might want to skip the hot chocolate to avoid bathroom breaks, and add hand-warmers.

If your by yourself, I don't see how you can bring all those items. Personally I always camp out by midnight at stores. I live by Die Hards and I don't bring anything. Just make sure you go to bathroom before heading out. LOL> Dress warmly and keep ads on you and all your cash, etc. I pass the time by talking and just watching people (yes I go by myself so theres not much else to do). Don't sit - just stand and brave the weather. 3 years ago was in 18 degree temps with my winter hat on, scarf, and gloves. I just kept thinking how I was 1st in line and it was almost over (the waiting). LOL

People in the south are extremely nice and considerate. As long as someone you go with can hold your place in line you can put all your belongings back in the car. You can even take turns getting warm in the car. We also leave to go to the restrooms if necessary. People in the south are are the nicest people in the world. I do have on piece of advice, I live in the mountains of North Carolina and it gets extremely cold. If you plan on sitting in a chair make sure you have enough blankets to cover your back side. Last year the wind was blowing and I hade a blanket wrapped around me, but it was not enough,the wind was blowing underneath my chair and I could not block it out, it took hours for my back side to thaw out. Ha! Ha!

where are you located? i live in the mountains of NC also. Im in Spruce Pine but i think im gointo go to BB since walmart aint having the laptops.

where are you located? i live in the mountains of NC also. Im in Spruce Pine but i think im gointo go to BB since walmart aint having the laptops.

Hi neighbor, I live in weaverville, just outside of asheville. I used to go to the Wal Mart in Spruce Pine before we got a super wal-mart. Is there a best buy in spruce pine? I bought my laptop this year at wal-mart. It was on sale a couple of weeks ago.

Don't sit - just stand and brave the weather. 3 years ago was in 18 degree temps with my winter hat on, scarf, and gloves. I just kept thinking how I was 1st in line and it was almost over (the waiting). LOL

In 18 degree temps, the thought of being 1st in line is the ONLY thing that would get me through it. lol.

I believe it's going to be around 38 here. I should be able to handle that... I'm not to sure about hubby though. He's so cold natured. lol

I think it depends on a few different factors which are unknown right now.

Are you going alone?

Will you have a car with you?

Will it be windy or rainy?

If it won't be windy or rainy, I would dress warm, get a foldable chair ($10 at your local Walmart), and two packs of hand warmers.

Then you won't have to stand on your feet for 5 hours and your hands won't freeze.

The chair is a must. Get a cheap chair. I sat down last year on cement. I was so cold. I used advertisments with me to make a seat cushion. My butt was frozen when I walked in the store, it was hard to move, but when I bought my Desktop, it was worth it.

Yep, I highly recommend a chair. It's $10, light and foldable.

thanks a bunch!!! I was going to get the one that comes with the printer. Its for my bil. but that is a great deal so I will probally just go with that

I bought it and so far I am very impressed. My store sold out very quickly, so I'd buy it first thing tomorrow.