Sceptre 32" LCD HDTV built in HD tuner $599 shipped - CostCo.com

RossMAN

http://content.costco.com/Images/Content/Product/137672.jpg

Order now for $599 with FREE SHIPPING!

Manufacturers website

AVSForum.com thread

The Sceptre X32GV-KOMODO LCD HDTV features 1366 x 768 resolution and a 1200:1 contrast ratio and HDMI video inputs, the Sceptre X32GV-KOMODO offers everything you need for excellent TV viewing anywhere in your home.

Features:

• Screen Size: 31.51" viewable wide color LCD TV
  • Resolution 1366 x 768
  • Aspect Ratio: 16:9 Wide Screen
  • Brightness: 500 cd/m2
  • Contrast ratio: 1200:1
  • Response Time: 8 ms
  • Viewing Angle: 170 L/R, 170 u/d
  • 3D Comb filter
  • Progressive scan
  • V-Chip Parental control
  • 4 Preset Picture Modes
  • Digital Dynamic Noise reduction
  • Built-in Speakers: 8w + 8w (stereo)
  • 5 Preset Sound Modes
  • Auto Volume Level Adjustment
  • Multi- Channel Television Sound
  • SPDIF Audio output
  • Built-in NTSC, ATSC & QAM Tuner
  • Support HDTV 1080i, 720p, 480p, 480i

Dimensions:

• 31.5” W x 9.5" D x 23.5" H (w/ stand)
  • 31.5” W x 9.5" D x 21.6250" H (w/o stand)
  • Weight: 37.5 lbs

Inputs/ Outputs:

• ATSC/NTSC/Clear QAM Input
  • Component Input X 2
  • S-Video 4-pin DIN & Audio (R/L) input X 2
  • Composite Input X 2
  • Composite Out X 1
  • VGA (15pin), HDMI (HDCP)
  • SPDIF Out

Where can I view this tv in a store? Costco warehouses do not stock them. I'd like to see the picture quality for myself before ordering. PS, I've read taht if you are a member and are not happy with an online purchase, you can return your item to any costco store.

Where can I view this tv in a store? Costco warehouses do not stock them. I'd like to see the picture quality for myself before ordering.

Unfortunately you cannot as this is available online only. However if you order it and are not satisfied with it, you can return it for a full refund.

PS, I've read taht if you are a member and are not happy with an online purchase, you can return your item to any costco store.

Correct.

Ross,

Holm one inch from getting this. But I'm NEW to HDTV. This doesnt have a service port, right?

I take it one's not necessary if you bought this tv, as intelligible on this topic as you are....

I guess service upgrading can come thru the VGA port???:confused:

Also, it doesnt have a DVI ?

Does that matter?

I read a DVI is important to hook up a computer.....?:blush:

I dont even know what these do. Can you enlighten me?:o

Thanks!!:D

Oops, just want to add that my other choice is the Vizio 42" LCD at Costco. Twice the money, but Vizios are getting rave claims in the world media at large re: a great deal at a great price.

Help if you can :)

also sorry for my typos, i have dislexic fingers

Ross,

Holm one inch from getting this. But I'm NEW to HDTV. This doesnt have a service port, right?

First of all I love your username, very cool :D

I'm not sure what you mean by service port? Do you mean can it accept firmware upgdates like the Olevia? Not that I'm aware of.

I take it one's not necessary if you bought this tv, as intelligible on this topic as you are....

I guess service upgrading can come thru the VGA port???:confused:

I've never heard of that but I'm sure the experts at AVSForum.com would know.

Also, it doesnt have a DVI ?

Does that matter?

What's your primary use for an LCD HDTV, a monitor or HDTV?

DVI is best for monitor and HDMI is best for an HDTV.

I read a DVI is important to hook up a computer.....?:blush:

Correct but there are HDMI to DVI cables available for under $10.

I dont even know what these do. Can you enlighten me?:o

It really depends on how you plan on using this, as a monitor or HDTV?

If you want the best I would definitely recommend the Olevia 537H which is an incredible monitor and HDTV.

Oops, just want to add that my other choice is the Vizio 42" LCD at Costco. Twice the money, but Vizios are getting rave claims in the world media at large re: a great deal at a great price.

I would classify Westinghouse as the best with Sceptre, Olevia and Vizio as 2nd.

also sorry for my typos, i have dislexic fingers

That's ok, I haven't slept in 36 hours and I'm running on fumes myself.

RossMAN @ 415-287-3325

Hey!

Thanks for replying!

I need an HDTV. but I'm reading around on AVS and here that SD is so bad, you need a scaler and possibly PC software to improve the PQ...read taht on a thread link on the avs sceptre thread you posted up top.

At least wiht costco if I screw up I can exchange it w/o hassle. That's why I'm linmited to costco merchandise. I dont trust myself! lol and dont want to pay re-stockinf fees, etc at other stores.

Well, glad to know you can go from hdmi to dvi with a simple and cheap cable. As for a service port, the Vizio 42 LCD Gallevia at costco is listed as having one, and reading around elsewhere on this site yestrday i read to update firmware easily it is needed. Does an lcd NEED to update firmware?? haha

Lastly, I jsut cant argue with this price. It will be our primary tv, replacing a Sony trinitron tube set--not the flat screen one tho,. the model with the curved glass face, which i affectionately call king kong.

I love the Sceptre will only weigh 37 lbs so i can move it myself(!!) and also appears i will only lose about 2" in vertical view.

Would that be the calculation you get going from a 36" tube set screen size 28" x 21" to the sceptre 32 16:9? I'm bad a geometry.

Thanks so much :)

PS I may be border lining discussing this here instead of on the hdtv site....sorry!

And thanks for the compliment, too! :)

-DB