Staples - How busy is it at 6am?

Manduh203

I have to say waiting at staples this year was awesome. I really wanted the laptop and the 400gb hdd. I got to a store in somerville, Ma. at 3am and i was third in line. The people in line were fun to talk to. Once the doors opened things went smooth. Most people starting arriving around 5:30am. I would definately consider staples again next year.

They were in line and got the tickets. They chose not to use them, but to give them to someone who wanted the item. Frankly, I'd much rather see that, than what I saw at Circuit City - people with arms loaded with 6 of each of the items I wanted.

I guess you'd have to be the first person who waited in line and left empty handed only to see someone who did not wait as long get a ticket by chance. Maybe this person stood in line all night because their pocketbook could not otherwise pay for a laptop for their kid? I wouldn't take merchandise or a ticket for an item (let alone two) that I did not intend to buy. That's just me.

Last week, I had 2 coupons to use at a store that only allowed one at a time. The coupons expired that day. So I turned to the person in line behind me and gave him one. Should I have gone to the front of the line to hand it out instead?

This is *very* different. I leave coupons on the shelf next to the merchandise when this happens -- so everyone looking for the product gets a shot. The thing is, your coupon discounted a purchase where that ticket enabled a purchase. No one was denied that merchandise because you clipped the coupon.

The whole BF experience is about people waiting in line for great prices on limited quantities of merchandise. When people hold places in line or otherwise 'cheat,' they make people feel bad. If enough bad will is generated, BF will stop being fun.

I'm not suggesting this person was bad or ill mannered -- just inconsiderate. I posted my note hoping that people would agree with me and leave merchandise they did not want for others who had stood in line almost as long.

I love Staples, but for the 2nd year in a row, I did everything online! I got 2 of the 7.98 Drives, 100 CDs for 14.98, 2 boxes of Jewel cases for 2.98 each, and the photo paper that was on sale. Last year I got a20" LCD monitor for $129 online.

Beats standing in line, just got up and online by 4 am (AZ Time)

How did you get the HP cd's for $15? I kept trying and they showed up for $22.98 so I had to run out the door to get them from the store. Lucky me, I got the last 2.

I'm not suggesting this person was bad or ill mannered -- just inconsiderate. I posted my note hoping that people would agree with me and leave merchandise they did not want for others who had stood in line almost as long.

I guess I don't see it as inconsiderate when someone who waited in line overnight takes tickets they're entitled to, and chooses to give them to someone else. They didn't cut in line, they didn't hold a space. They didn't sell the tickets to the highest bidder. They simply chose to give their ticket away.

Not everyone has the ability to camp out overnight in front of a store in order to buy an item.

I just saw someone on another thread post that they had their 11-month-old baby with them in line all night. I sure as heck wouldn't have wanted to be the people in line next to a crying baby for over 12 hours.

And I know of people who let their children skip school to wait in line for 2 days to buy the latest Playstation (or whatever it was that went on sale last week).

Someone else posted on another thread (or this one, I don't remember) they they PAID for a ticket for a laptop - an no one here said a word about the person who sold it.

BF is fun for me, too, but I can't camp out overnight. By the time I got to Circuit City, the line was so long I knew there was no point. I would sure as heck have been grateful for someone who chose to give up their ticket to me. In fact, I'd have found that person exactly the opposite of your "inconsiderate" label.

I had a good experience at Staples. I got there around 4:45 and was about the 25th person there. The crowd double about every 15min before the opening. I was able to get the TV, flat panel Monitor, and the maxtor 200gb hard drive. Much better than camping out for the whole night.