CC Price Match on BF

left210

I called back and spoke to the manager, he said he WOULD match their own price if I bought something now, (price adjust) on BF they will NOT match competitor prices but they will mathc on Saturday for the sale items that are Friday/Saturday sales as long as the item is in stock.

WM does though. I would check with your store and find out for sure. It would really suck to hear that they do from someone and then your store say they don't.

I was told that Walmart will not be price matching any BF 5-12 ads at all, so you may want to check if you are planning on doing PM at walmart.

So let's say that if you got the 42" Plasma today...if you go in on BF they'll price adjust as long as it's in stock? I'm assuming that the stores will sell out of them really quick, so I'm guessing you'd have to sit outside as long as everyone else just to get the adjustment since they have to be "in stock"?

I called back and spoke to the manager, he said he WOULD match their own price if I bought something now, (price adjust) on BF they will NOT match competitor prices but they will mathc on Saturday for the sale items that are Friday/Saturday sales as long as the item is in stock.

I bought the Panasonic Plasma 42" for $1479 last Sunday. Today, in store, the price is $1299 (so, no need to wait for BF, if you're looking for one). They did the price adjustment.

Yippee!

And now, not to get greedy, but what happens if the price drops again in the next 23 days (since they do it up to 30 days from purchase)? Can I go back in and get a credit for the difference between the $1299 and whatever it drops to? ((I doubt it will drop, I'm just curious..))

Threads merged by Patty (noehlp)

I called to the Wal-Mart in Durham NC this morning and they said as long as you have the actual ad they will price match on black friday...not sure about Circuit City though...but since most of the stuff I want if I miss it at CC or BB I will just go over to Wal-Mart and have them to price match it......:yup: :yup: :yup: :yup:

I would try. With Circuit City now dropping their price to 1299.99, I have a Circuit City 10% coupon in my book on any TV over 199. I would have saved about 100 more with my Sears price match. I wonder if Sears would honor my coupon from Circuit City if i told them I could now get it at 1299.99 - approx 130= 1169.99?

I'm sure if there are any more price drops within 30 days they would be honored. I will be watching.

Well, I only bought it last Sunday, and it's down to $1299 as of today at CC, and this is the busy shopping season, so it's worth keeping an eye out. ;)

Not sure about Sears and the coupon, but I know that if you find it lower, CC will price match 110%.

I would try. With Circuit City now dropping their price to 1299.99, I have a Circuit City 10% coupon in my book on any TV over 199. I would have saved about 100 more with my Sears price match. I wonder if Sears would honor my coupon from Circuit City if i told them I could now get it at 1299.99 - approx 130= 1169.99?

I'm sure if there are any more price drops within 30 days they would be honored. I will be watching.

I keep it in the box for a day after I bought it. I could no longer wait after reading all these good things about the unit. I had to open it to see for myself. Taking it back to Sears for the $100 price difference wouldn't be worth it to me now since I have it all connected to other devices and on the stand watching it. It would be a pain unhooking all the cables from my other devices and getting help to pack it back up to take back to Sears. Also, Sears also would charge me a restocking fee for returning it now since it is an opened item. Maybe someone local will drop it in the 1100 range within 30 days....

I keep it in the box for a day after I bought it. I could no longer wait after reading all these good things about the unit. I had to open it to see for myself. Taking it back to Sears for the $100 price difference wouldn't be worth it to me now since I have it all connected to other devices and on the stand watching it. It would be a pain unhooking all the cables from my other devices and getting help to pack it back up to take back to Sears. Also, Sears also would charge me a restocking fee for returning it now since it is an opened item. Maybe someone local will drop it in the 1100 range within 30 days....

I don't think you have to bring the unit in--just the receipt and maybe the Proof of Purchase/UPC. Call the store and see.

So you did buy it??? :)

Oh, you don't have to bring the whole thing back. Just bring in an ad showing the lower price and your receipt. All I did was bring the Comp USA ad and my receipt in and I got the $198 credit.

I email to Circuit City and this is what they replied back:

Please note that our Price Match Guarantee applies only to advertised

prices. It does not apply to special offers or promotions, including

rebates, free-with-purchase offers, and special financing. If there is

any offer on the Black Friday on the items then we will not be able to

honor the price match.

As per our Price Match Plus Guarantee, at Circuit City we do everything

in our power to make sure you don?t pay a penny more than you should

for

anything you buy. If you?ve seen a lower advertised price from a local

store with the same item in stock, we want to know about it. Bring it

to

our attention, and we?ll gladly beat their price by 10% of the

difference. Even after your Circuit City purchase, if you see a lower

advertised price (including our own sale prices) within 30 days, we?ll

refund 110% of the difference. Websites other than circuitcity.com

also do not qualify for our Price Match Plus Guarantee.

For detailed information on our price match guidelines, please click on

the below mentioned link:

circuitcity.com/ccd/lookLearn.do?cat=-13318&edOid=105471&c=1

I email to Circuit City and this is what they replied back:

Please note that our Price Match Guarantee applies only to advertised

prices. It does not apply to special offers or promotions, including

rebates, free-with-purchase offers, and special financing. If there is

any offer on the Black Friday on the items then we will not be able to

honor the price match.

Does CC outsource customer service to India? Because this reply is nonsensical.

The first sentence suggests that the guarantee applies if the item is advertised at that price, which certainly includes all BF adverts. The second sentence uses the ambiguous term "special offers or promotions" but does not specifically mention BF. The third sentence is not even grammatically correct and addresses the price match but not price guarantee (the latter covers items that you buy in advance of BF).

I am going to personally visit the store tonight and will report back. Personally would prefer to buy online and get 4 miles per $ but not if it costs me money. :eek:

UPDATE: CC manager told me they will NOT pricematch or provide price protection on BF! :mad: :mad: Falls within the "special offer" exception to their policy. What a crock - with that interpretation the exception pretty much swallows up the rule. Needless to say CC will get zero business on BF from me. :razz:

I've pricematched at Circuit City for the past two years. The first time I tried to pricematch on BF, they tried to turn me away from customer service by saying that they weren't pricematching on BF. I then showed them their own BF ad that had their price match guarantee printed directly on the back of it and they still refused, so I started to lecture them on their bad business practices. Then they gave it to me.

Ever since then, I've had no problems pricematching. However, last year on BF, they said they'll price match everything but the early bird/doorbusters from competitors.