Ok fess up, who does this?

brynnfromtheblock

I've always considered this but never done it... since WM price matches and they know what every other store is putting on sale I always feel like they will put away the expensive stuff that is being sold at a cutrate price so we can't price match.... Has anyone gone to WM the day before and "hid" all their pricematch stuff or the stuff that is going to be on sale on BF and is already out on the floor so you know where to find it and are sure you'll get it? I've never done it but I can tell you I sure have considered it!! c'mon... I can't be the only one who thinks like that!!

ok I admit, I did it at Target for the Laguna Beach season one last year. I know that is bad, but my niece wanted it sooo bad so I hid it behind a cookbook two days before and lo and behold it was there along with about 1000 copies out in the open!!!!!

I've done it before at ToysRUs. They had the 4 pack My Little Ponies on sale for $9.99 last year on BF so I hid it and it was still there when I went back. Since I couldn't make it to the store on BF, I ended up buying it on their website for the same price. But apparently when I went back to the store after BF, they had plenty left so in reality, I didn't even need to hide it.

I was pricematching a couple of DVDs last year. At my Walmart all of the DVDs are in lock down and I didn't know if I was going to get an associate to get them out for me BF morning so I went the day before and got my two DVDs, found a GREAT hiding spot, stashed them and then picked them up at 3:00 am BF morning. Then I took my place by a pallet of Cabbage Patches:) Worked like a charm!

Babs

I have noticed that one tactic stores use to deter some of this is offering bonus items with regular items so they can identify specials easier. For instance WM is currently offering three extra friends with their fisher price farm. I would totally hide items but I am afraid they might think I am shoplifting, acting all suspicious and stuff.

I've gone to a Supercenter on BF morning before around 2am and gotten all of my PM items, and had them in my cart then parked myself close to one of the Blitz pallets.. As long as they weren't on WM's Blitz, they couldn't stop me from putting those things in my cart.

That was a good way to kill time too. ;)

But I haven't gone in and hid items..... yet

layaway.. but think if you are getting more than 1 of the same item do seperate layaways. Last year I had 2 buy 2 gameboys for my kids. I ALWAYS do seperate layaways (helps me keep track of gifts better) and it was my saving grace. If I had both BG's on the same layaway they wouldn't have pricematched both. They're normally $80 and I got them for $48.88 last year.PLUS, I heard since we have a 24 hr here the people were lined up and basicallt gt all the GB's by 3am......

Layaway momma...AND individuals if you have Multiples

I never did it at Walmart, but I did try in at Kmart last year for one of those 'one day only toy specials'....went back that morning, early, and not only was my hidden stash gone, so were all the special items that day :(

maybe I just need to find better hiding spots lol