Who Will Be Doing Reconnaissance and Intel at Best Buy on Nov 22?

bigjimslade

Will you be doing recon or intel at BB the night of Nov 22?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be doing recon or intel at BB the night of Nov 22?

Ok went to my BB and asked about the HP desktop for $699

and he said he didn't know how many but it's way more than

the min. of 8. He said I shouldn't have to camp out for it as

long as I get there early I should get one. I also saw the UNO

DS game out and there where only like 5 and the regular price

was only $5 more so I got one and when I looked at my recipt

in the car it was already marked down to $14.99! Sweet! I'll be

back Fri. morning but I'll have my kids so it won't be EARLY!!!

PS- They had TONS of the Canon printers stacked up but that

doesn't say much cuz I think it comes free with all the computer

they will have on sale!

I just got back from my store- they had the eMachines stacked up in boxes out in the middle of the aisle already.. about 20 of them, I guess. They had a lot of the TVs stacked, tons of Xbox 360's, a lot of Canon printers, and Lexmarks were being stocked as I left. No sign of the laptops anywhere yet, though.

BIG JIM YOU ARE NOT CRAZY, MY FAMILY AND I ( WIFE AND 2 DAUGHTERS) WE WENT TOGETHER TO 2 BESTBUYS FROM 7PM TIL CLOSING TIME 10 PM , IN ATLANTA , FOR INTEL , POSITION OF THE GOODIES jejeje , and TO SNEAK AND PIK THE REST , AND LET ME SAY THIS IT... WAS VERY PRODUCTIVE, PEOPLE OF BB EVEN WERE LAUGHFING WITH US , WE ENJOY IT IT WAS COOL. WAITING FOR NEXT YEAR TO DO IT . GOOD LUCK TO EVERY ONE.

BIG JIM YOU ARE NOT CRAZY, MY FAMILY AND I ( WIFE AND 2 DAUGHTERS) WE WENT TOGETHER TO 2 BESTBUYS FROM 7PM TIL CLOSING TIME 10 PM , IN ATLANTA , FOR INTEL , POSITION OF THE GOODIES jejeje , and TO SNEAK AND PIK THE REST , AND LET ME SAY THIS IT... WAS VERY PRODUCTIVE, PEOPLE OF BB EVEN WERE LAUGHFING WITH US , WE ENJOY IT IT WAS COOL. WAITING FOR NEXT YEAR TO DO IT . GOOD LUCK TO EVERY ONE.

Welcome to the community and thanks for the kind words. I see from the poll that too many people dont think I am that crazy. Good luck everyone!

Hi,

If I wanted to get just a Toshiba laptop and the 22" monitor and assuming I was in line in time for the ticket, once the doors open could I just head straight for geek squad to pay and pick up or do I have to rush back to the computer dept? I want to get in and out as fast as possible, because after waiting outside all night who wants to wait in line AGAIN? :)

Also, this buddy system people talk about - one person getting in checkout line and one getting items, then bringing them to their friend in line - wouldn't that be improper BF etiquette?

Hi,

If I wanted to get just a Toshiba laptop and the 22" monitor and assuming I was in line in time for the ticket, once the doors open could I just head straight for geek squad to pay and pick up or do I have to rush back to the computer dept? I want to get in and out as fast as possible, because after waiting outside all night who wants to wait in line AGAIN? :)

Also, this buddy system people talk about - one person getting in checkout line and one getting items, then bringing them to their friend in line - wouldn't that be improper BF etiquette?

Welcome to the community! If you just wanted to laptop I would get in line between 7pm and 9pm local time. Then once you get the ticket and they open the door head to were they tell you when you get your ticket. If you make no stops and run then you should be in and out.

Good luck!

I did mine and am pretty pleased with what I saw... even did something less than honest and hope it works for me.

No, no...nothing illegal or anything, just something that I hope will give me a slight upper hand when itcomes to a particular non ticket item I would like.

Hide it in the fridge or washers? :)

I did my recon last night and the manager knows me very well (To well i guess i spend to much money there) and started off telling me "In the ad it says min. 3 and we got 27 of them" And so on and so on. He was giving me ALL the details of where every thing was going to be.... how many they had.... how much it cost them.... how much they will lose on some of the items.... I got so much info. my head was spinning!!! He was laughing at me when i was telling him my list and he said i was going to look like a rainbow with all the colored arm bands they are going to pass out. One more thing my BB will have a map! Good luck to everyone this BF hope you get everything you went for!!!