Anyone have details about the 42" plasma

bluecody47

does anyone know the specs ( contrast ratio ) on the 42" Plasma in the black friday WM ad ?

I can't read the model number . Thanks.

No one is sure of the model number. Therefore it's impossible to get such info. We'll have to wait for a better scan or until the real ad comes out.

I bought the Viore PDP4210EA from Wal-Mart last BF and it has been fine for the money. The parts inside are nearly all made by LG. Conns and CompUSA sold it under the Akai name as a PDP4206EA. Walmart still carries a slightly updated version of it in some stores as an Ilo PDP4210EA for $1049. This years BF version is silver instead of black, HD instead of ED native resolution, and will have an HDMI connection instead of a DVI. The case design and remote look almost identical to last years model. I have read some other folks had problems with the video input board on last years model and Viore/Akai couldn't get the replacement part rendering the set un-repairable. There was mention of a buy back but I am not sure how that worked out. No doubt there are better choices in Plasma panels but if you're dead set on getting a 42" Plasma for under a grand (like I was last year) this may an OK deal. Considering the highly rated Panasonic panels have really dropped in price in the last two weeks I supect the other brands will have to follow. I can't see anyone paying much more than a grand for Maganavox, Sylvania, Zenith, Vizio, etc. panels when the Pannys are now selling for $1300-$1400. It would make sense too that the remaining EDTV panels would drop to the $800 range if entry level HD units are at $1000. I think we are in for a Plasma market correction soon! The cool thing about buying the Viore from Wal-Mart is you have up to 90 days to return it. By then you will know if the prices will drop on the name brand Plasmas. Also, be sure to buy with a credit card that doubles your warranty. Last years Viore had one year in home parts/labor.

well last bf when they had the 42 plasma viore 2 were returned one a week later and the other about a week and a half there were limited quantities and my mom wanted one so bad but when we seen the first one she wondered if they would resell it but when she saw the 2nd one she was glad she didnt get it shes bad at taking things back to the store

Yes it is a Viore I seen the name on the list of blitz items on the wire. Our store will be getting 8 of them. Again I think it is similar to the one I posted in an above post only difference is it is being made for wal-mart specificallly.

Have you heard when the info for the secret 8 items will be posted online. I'm hoping someone on the inside will give us the scoop. I also wonder how many will be available online?

Yes it is a Viore I seen the name on the list of blitz items on the wire. Our store will be getting 8 of them. Again I think it is similar to the one I posted in an above post only difference is it is being made for wal-mart specificallly.

Ditto on "I bought the Viore PDP4210EA from Wal-Mart last BF and it has been fine for the money." Assume "VIORE" brand again this year. There are specific precautions for the first 100 hours (image burn, etc...) but don't forget about coughing up for a wall mount as well.

Have had no problems with, and would buy another but this $$$ isn't well suited for last year technology.