Need info on TV Now system

vonnyb

I just learned about the TV Now system through one of the other threads. Give it to me straight is this going to be a hard item to get my hands. I heard Walmart had them on sale was wondering for how much and has anyone seen them anywhere else. I would love to get one for my son.

Wal-Mart still had quite a few of them on Wednesday. From what I could see, the $25 sale price was a bargain. No, I haven't seen them at any other b&m store. DishNetwork does have something similar called PocketDish. They come in 3 sizes, the smallest is 2.2-inch which costs $200. Goes up to 7-inch for I believe either $500 or $700.

Our walmart had a TON of them, $25 , in the toy department. Only drawback is that they only hold an hour of video, if you want more, you have to have a memory card, which I have no idea where to find or for how much.

Walmart will have 1 gb sd card on sale on BF for $13.87. They are located in the photo dept. now. Normally they are $50 and up.

Is a tv now system the same as video now or is it something diffrent ?

If it is not the same can you give me some info on it ? (a link or info)

Thank You ,

Melissa

Video now is a dvd like player.You buy movies for it .The TV now you hook up to ur tv and record any show you want then play it back on the TV now player.

the tv now package says 128 mb=1 hour of tv go a 1 gb=1024 mb so I would say 5 hours more with the card. The 14.00 on BF is an awesome deal. I paid $39 for a 512 mb over the summer for DD digital camera.

:shock: Wow this is awesome 5 hours !! Thanks for the info

Well here in Jersey I know it is a HOT item. My friend called stores all over and only found one with them in stock. When she went to the store she said they did not have many and she bought three ...(one for each of her boys and one for my son)

Well you guys got me curious about it.. so I checked it out... looks really cool.... I think it will work great for my Ecuador trip next year.... (long boring plane flights, and waits in the airports)

So I went ot my Walmart... they had lots... so I assume no one in my area know about them..lol

FYI: TV Now == Vugo. This has been panned by many, but I have one and I like it. It can take a 2g sd, so there's plenty of room. You can switch between built in and SD, too, so put some music on the built in and movies on the sd.

The image quality is not great, but my little guy does not seem to mind. It's easy to use and great fun. Last year, I 'stole' one for $60. It still works fine -- and it was not used gently. I may pick up a couple more at $25.

FYI: TV Now == Vugo. This has been panned by many, but I have one and I like it. It can take a 2g sd, so there's plenty of room. You can switch between built in and SD, too, so put some music on the built in and movies on the sd.

The image quality is not great, but my little guy does not seem to mind. It's easy to use and great fun. Last year, I 'stole' one for $60. It still works fine -- and it was not used gently. I may pick up a couple more at $25.

I thought TV Now and Vugo was the same but it's not Vugo can be hooked up to the computer so you can put pics and videos from your computer on it or mp3 music on it but TV Now doesn't have computer hookup you have to record everything to it including songs. I still like it but wasn't exactly what I expected.

I thought TV Now and Vugo was the same but it's not Vugo can be hooked up to the computer so you can put pics and videos from your computer on it or mp3 music on it but TV Now doesn't have computer hookup you have to record everything to it including songs. I still like it but wasn't exactly what I expected.

OK. I haven't seen a TV Now except on walmart.com. FWIW, I have never used the software that comes with it. The DRM is oppressive ;) I just use this thing as a PVR -- plug it in, record some tv, and take it with you.

I saw alot of them in wm today and a friend of mine bought one. It has a tiny screen so I don't really know if my girl would actually use it or not. Does it come with rechargable batteries? I seems like it would drain reg. batteries. But at only $25, I might go back and get one. It's a cheap Christmas gift.