Savannah, Georgia

MandaJo111

I just moved here this year. I have been a BF shopper for many years now (since I was 16 to be exact). That was in Mississippi though -- and a small town at that.

I am curious to know if anyone has been BF shopping in Savannah before and what to expect. I don't know how bigger cities are for BF shopping. I live out toward Richmond Hill.

What areas are usually the busiest? When do the lines start to form?

Thanks in advance! :)

I'm not in Savannah, other side of the state actually, lol. But I can tell you that Savannah is like any other college town. They will go for the electronics. SCAD is a fairly expensive school, which means more students with mommy & daddys credit cards, as well as people who have lots of disposable income. On the other end of the spectrum you have kids on scholarships who are after that deal. I would be prepared to be VERY early to any store like Best Buy, WalMart, etc. Oh, and Welcome to Georgia :)

I am loving Georgia so far! I am still learning the ins and outs of the area though.

I really won't be hitting any big electronics this year though. I would love to, but my husband bought me a Ford Escape for Christmas :) So...I guess I will have to live with that. lol

My son's Bday is BF this year so I was thinking about hitting the stores a little after the rush for some of the all day sales and letting him pick out a thing or two with the money he is getting from family and friends for his birthday. Maybe since it is more college geared there will be some decent deals left.

I grew up in Georgia, but I've never been BF shopping Savannah. Honestly, you don't have to worry about students from SCAD or any of the other colleges since most go home for the holidays. Savannah has your typical stores like Wal-Mart and Target. There are also southern stores like Belk, which is pretty popular for their doorbusters, too. The lines will be just as long there as they are everywhere else. When I was growing up, we almost always went to Milledgeville (a bit north and to the west of you) for BF. It was always packed with an occasional scuffle.

I live in Charlotte now, but in all the bigger cities I've lived in people usually shop vs close to home as possible. You do have "competition" from smaller towns near you, especially if there's little to no shopping in those towns.