Walmart Plasma TV's

aptone

Likely Viore - Same brand as the LCD's that OfficeMax and JCPenney will be selling. Viore has been associated with Akai in the past. I bought the Viore ED Plasma Wal-Mart sold last BF for $997 and it has been fine for the money. Prices have dropped so fast that you can spend a little more and get a name brand Plasma right now and not have to fight it out at Wal-Mart at 5a.m.

From the image in the flyer it looks exactly like last years model; even the remote looks identical. Last year it was black instead of silver and this one is HD instead of ED.

Likely Viore - Same brand as the LCD's that OfficeMax and JCPenney will be selling. Viore has been associated with Akai in the past. I bought the Viore ED Plasma Wal-Mart sold last BF for $997 and it has been fine for the money. Prices have dropped so fast that you can spend a little more and get a name brand Plasma right now and not have to fight it out at Wal-Mart at 5a.m.

From the image in the flyer it looks exactly like last years model; even the remote looks identical. Last year it was black instead of silver and this one is HD instead of ED.

What name brand plasmas can you recommend that are "a little more" than the one at WM for $997? Thanks.

mfinifter100

Frys.com has a Panasonic TH-42PX60U for under $1300.

Wal-Mart had 2 Panasonic panels for (TH-42PX6U) $1300 and (TH-42px60U) $1350 earlier this week but they now show out of stock. Earlier today they had a Hitachi for about the same price too and it sold out. It seems Wal-Mart is really getting aggressive with pricing on these 42" Plasmas. It is wise to just keep checking their website as they are not really advertising these anywhere. I would imagine Sears, Circuit City, and Best Buy would match the Wal-Mart price provided the website showed them to be in stock.

I read on one of these forums a rumor about Costco blowing out a new model Vizio 42" Plasma for $999 on BF. Vizio sets are a great value for the money. Reliability is not up to the top tier plasmas but Costco will back you up if anything goes wrong.